Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

5 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Honestly, I'd choose the first one.

However, we as fans don't know his or the clubs position, we don't know the exact circumstances involved (contract talks etc.) and as Scotland fans we shouldn't really give a f**k either way, I know I don't. Just start turning up regularly for Scotland Ryan and you're alright by me.

Genuinely, that would be moronic if looking at it logically rather than through “but it’s fitba, think about the fans!” tinted specs. 

Essentially you’re saying you would risk the next 10 years of large wages at another company, to stay on with your current employer for an extra 4 weeks, for no reason other than loyalty. A fool’s decision.

Genuinely, that would be moronic if looking at it logically rather than through “but it’s fitba, think about the fans!” tinted specs. 

Essentially you’re saying you would risk the next 10 years of large wages at another company, to stay on with your current employer for an extra 4 weeks, for no reason other than loyalty. A fool’s decision.
100 percent agree , declaring bullshit on the would choose the 1st option though as it is sheer stupidity. Fraser seen out his contract and choose not too extend it to see out the season. He's not done anything wrong in the slightest hes took a gamble on receiving a new contract on bigger wages which he will most likely get.

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nothing really to do with the fans but you do build up relationships through employment and that may lead you to going above and beyond to help out some people who are struggling and who you connected with there. That’s why I said without knowing Fraser’s situation it’s impossible to gauge...he may hate everyone at Bournemouth and vice versa. It’s something that if I had a deep connection to the place I would do, personally. 

Anyway, he’s a good wee player he would pick up a decent club in England no matter his decision, this massive risk that you’re painting doesn’t really stack up. If he was so concerned about risk he would have gone with the security of a new long term deal at Bournemouth, instead of leaving without having another club lined up.

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Football is never going to be quite that simplistic though. 

Should someone have some kind loyalty to the team that aided a large part of his development. I would say yes. I don’t think playing football for four extra weeks is much loyalty either. 

He should have finished the season in my view, he was contracted to play the entire season and only due to a pandemic did they require him to be willing to sign an extension to complete the season. It is behaviour like this and his attitude throughout the season which has harmed his chances of a decent move. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Football is never going to be quite that simplistic though. 

Should someone have some kind loyalty to the team that aided a large part of his development. I would say yes. I don’t think playing football for four extra weeks is much loyalty either. 

He should have finished the season in my view, he was contracted to play the entire season and only due to a pandemic did they require him to be willing to sign an extension to complete the season. It is behaviour like this and his attitude throughout the season which has harmed his chances of a decent move. 

Rubbish, it’s his livelihood. Risking another 10 years of wages for an additional 4 weeks is utterly mental behaviour. Just because you see it from a fan’s perspective doesn’t change the fact for Fraser it’s his job.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Rubbish, it’s his livelihood. Risking another 10 years of wages for an additional 4 weeks is utterly mental behaviour. Just because you see it from a fan’s perspective doesn’t change the fact for Fraser it’s his job.

An alternative view is clearly not rubbish...

Does his attitude look good to prospective new employers? No it doesn’t...

In your world as soon as someone signs a pre contract then they are perfectly entitled to just pack it in.

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Should someone have some kind loyalty to the team that aided a large part of his development. I would say yes. 

He's showing loyalty to the biggest contributor in his development - himself. 

He could quite easily have got injured, missed out on a new deal, sat on the sidelines for a year and with no wage coming in as Bournemouth released him. Would we see the same bleating about 'loyalty' then? 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Dunfermline have had a few decent signings coming in. They shafted a load of players by refusing to use the furlough scheme - a government scheme set up to keep people in jobs - yet they still manage to sign players despite looking like arseholes.

Ryan Fraser will be absolutely fine as sane people will see it exactly as it is - he's looking after himself and his family. Like every footballer does. Lawrence Shankland, for example, done it to Ayr. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

An alternative view is clearly not rubbish...

In your world as soon as someone signs a pre contract then they are perfectly entitled to just pack it in.

No, as if they’ve signed a pre-contract then the risk of injury doesn’t apply in the same way as having no further employment lined up. Simple stuff.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He could quite easily have got injured, missed out on a new deal, sat on the sidelines for a year and with no wage coming in as Bournemouth released him. Would we see the same bleating about 'loyalty' then? 

His lack of loyalty and horrific attitude over the last year has cost him a big move. It’s really his decision but it isn’t looking like working out well for him. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dunfermline have had a few decent signings coming in. They shafted a load of players by refusing to use the furlough scheme - a government scheme set up to keep people in jobs - yet they still manage to sign players despite looking like arseholes.

Ryan Fraser will be absolutely fine as sane people will see it exactly as it is - he's looking after himself and his family. Like every footballer does. Lawrence Shankland, for example, done it to Ayr. 

Shankland didn’t remotely do that to Ayr. He might be fine but he won’t be getting the big move he could have got a year ago. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No, as if they’ve signed a pre-contract then the risk of injury doesn’t apply in the same way as having no further employment lined up. Simple stuff.

A pre-contract can quite clearly be withdrawn. Condescending tones not required...

Edited by No_Problemo

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

His lack of loyalty and horrific attitude over the last year has cost him a big move. It’s really his decision but it isn’t looking like working out well for him. 

What "horrific attitude" is this? :lol:

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Shankland didn’t remotely do that to Ayr. 

He sat on his contract until it run out in the hope of a big move and um, moved to a team in the same league. 

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Reports suggest Fraser will have a choice of struggling Palace (from The Guardian) or promoted Fulham (from Sky Sports). 

Hardly a big step up from Bournemouth! He would have been hoping for big offers from clubs in the top half of the table.

Aside from the fact it's a league up either way.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's a lad of nonsense. Bournemouth did not simply release Fraser, i.e. boot him out. He turned the offer of a longer term contract on better terms.

Fraser then chose to leave after refusing to sign an extension for the games in June and July. After 7 years at the club that was totally loyal to him, he simply refused to help them fight relegation. 

Unsurprisingly, after a poor season in terms of goals and assists, Arsenal have lost interest in him. A better attitude could have attracted offers from top clubs. 

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aside from the fact it's a league up either way.

Not necessarily. An on-form and committed Fraser could have helped Bournemouth avoid relegation. 

If signs for another small club such as Palace or Fulham, he'll probably end up in another relegation fight next season.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fraser then chose to leave after refusing to sign an extension for the games in June and July. After 7 years at the club that was totally loyal to him, he simply refused to help them fight relegation. 

Unsurprisingly, after a poor season in terms of goals and assists, Arsenal have lost interest in him. A better attitude could have attracted offers from top clubs. 

The hypothetical situation was clearly written as if he signed a deal to help them finish the season and then got injured. A club that was 'totally loyal to him' :lol: when did they go above and beyond for him, seeing as you're apparently very much in the know. Or, like everyone else did they pay him for the work he carried out for them, making them hundreds of millions of pounds in the process?

Ah, I never realised 'a better attitude' (you still haven't explained his attitude problems) would make Arsenal sign him and not, you know, goals and assists. 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not necessarily. An on-form and committed Fraser could have helped Bournemouth avoid relegation. 

He was available for selection. The Bournemouth manager chose not to select him. That's on Bournemouth, not Fraser. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's a lad of nonsense. Bournemouth did not simply release Fraser, i.e. boot him out. He turned the offer of a longer term contract on better terms.

He didn't have to sign an extension for the games in June, because his contract ran until the end of June. The club refused to pick him despite him being under contract, and ended up being relegated by a point.