Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

On 31/07/2020 at 19:14, Bishop Briggs said:

Who wants to sign a player who shat on his former club in a relegation fight?

While I and almost every football fan would like to think a players lack of loyalty to their current club would put people off I think that is just not true in reality and I wouldn't be surprised if their was a club touting him and they were happy for him to sit out and not risk injury. 

Think Chelsea are regretting Werner sitting out the champions league run in?

43 minutes ago, ahemps said:

While I and almost every football fan would like to think a players lack of loyalty to their current club would put people off I think that is just not true in reality and I wouldn't be surprised if their was a club touting him and they were happy for him to sit out and not risk injury. 

? He can’t be registered for the Champions League...

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

? He can’t be registered for the Champions League...

Werner is still be eligible to play for RB Leipzig. They are in the kinder side of the draw so he could have played on in that tournament and had a chance of doing well. The fact he has chosen not too will not annoy Chelsea but will delight them surely?

11 hours ago, ahemps said:

Werner is still be eligible to play for RB Leipzig. They are in the kinder side of the draw so he could have played on in that tournament and had a chance of doing well. The fact he has chosen not too will not annoy Chelsea but will delight them surely?

The transfer window opened a week ago. Werner will be registered as a Chelsea player and they have paid the first instalment of his fee. Obviously, he can't play for them until next season. RB Leipzig freely chose to accept Chelsea's offer and money at the time so can have no complaints.

14 hours ago, ahemps said:

What club? Fraser's agent is still trying to drum up interest after a wasted few weeks. If he had played, he could have impressed the big clubs but they seem to have lost interest in him.  Fraser is now being linked with only mid and lower table clubs who can't afford big wages. At the moment, it looks like he's made an expensive mistake.

14 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The transfer window opened a week ago. Werner will be registered as a Chelsea player and they have paid the first instalment of his fee. Obviously, he can't play for them until next season. RB Leipzig freely chose to accept Chelsea's offer and money at the time so can have no complaints.

Werner could have asked to play out the champions league season for RB Leipzig, he decided not too. This could be seen to show disloyalty to his team. Chelsea are not seeing it that way and will be delighted he decided not to play it out. This could be seen to show the same disloyalty as Fraser. I am implying that a buying club will be grateful for this and in no way will it put them off a player as much as fans (especially of selling clubs) would like to think that. 

There will be players playing the remainder of the Champions and Europa league seasons that will move after the tournament has finished.

16 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

What club? Fraser's agent is still trying to drum up interest after a wasted few weeks. If he had played, he could have impressed the big clubs but they seem to have lost interest in him.  Fraser is now being linked with only mid and lower table clubs who can't afford big wages. At the moment, it looks like he's made an expensive mistake.

If you believe that Ryan Fraser is struggling for a club then that's fine, I don't see it that way. I believe that he will have known for a while he has options and there will be discussions going on that we are not aware of. Bournemouth apparently offered him a new contract which would have been a big increase on his previous wage. If he has no suitors then he would have signed that contract, the fact he didn't indicates to me he has something lined up. The fact he choose not to play the remainder of the season which would have been a good shop window to display his abilities is another indication to me has something arranged.

Ryan Fraser will be in the EPL next season on a bigger contract than he was last season.

On 31/07/2020 at 22:56, BingMcCrosby said:

It's been a fair bit more than 5 days since hes been available on a free contract.

How do you know he doesn't have 2 or 3 offers  from EPL clubs sitting there and he feels taking his time to see if anything else comes in is his best course of action? It's not like he's short on money and needs a job immediately, he has time to choose a club. Newcastle sounds like the most likely option now which I think is a decent fit for him.

Ultimately I just want to see him a bit more committed to Scotland, which is my only gripe with the guy.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How do you know he doesn't have 2 or 3 offers  from EPL clubs sitting there and he feels taking his time to see if anything else comes in is his best course of action? It's not like he's short on money and needs a job immediately, he has time to choose a club. Newcastle sounds like the most likely option now which I think is a decent fit for him.

Ultimately I just want to see him a bit more committed to Scotland, which is my only gripe with the guy.

I don't, which is say I said "im starting to get the impression" rather than "heres a fact".

Personally i hope he gets a decent premier league club where he plays. And gets himself ready for the Scotland games.

And as you say actually turns up to those games.

Very disappointing what he did to Bournemouth. Then again, he'd got so much from them over his spell there, he could afford to tell them to feck off.  Sad, but typical of today's player. 

Not one to rely upon when the going gets tough.

Who gives a flying fox about loyalty when it comes to Scotland? As long as he can turn up and do well for us, that's all I care about. He'll probably go to a bottom to middle-of-road English PL team. Newcastle would be my guess. 

On 03/08/2020 at 23:00, Hampden Diehard said:

Very disappointing what he did to Bournemouth. 

He played for them until the end of his contract and then left - as is his workers right. 

What's disappointing about him - or any number of the thousands of players - that will and do do it every year? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

He played for them until the end of his contract and then left - as is his workers right. 

What's disappointing about him - or any number of the thousands of players - that will and do do it every year? 

The fact that the season wasn't over and his team had a decent chance to stay up is the disappointment. I'm sure you appreciate the difference between his situation and the players who finish up at the end of the season. If it were me, I'd have felt a moral obligation to help them, especially on £20k plus a week.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'd have felt a moral obligation to help them, especially on £20k plus a week.

He wasn't on £20k plus a week. He wasn't on anything a week, his deal expired. 

If your work was going down the swannie and your two options were - sign a deal that sees you in work for an extra month or two and increases the chances of injury X amount potentially damaging future contracts in a short career - or - sit out, get rid of any little niggles and move on with your career (as you were already doing anyway) which one would you honestly choose? 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

If your work was going down the swannie and your two options were - sign a deal that sees you in work for an extra month or two and increases the chances of injury X amount potentially damaging future contracts in a short career - or - sit out, get rid of any little niggles and move on with your career (as you were already doing anyway) which one would you honestly choose? 

Honestly, I'd choose the first one.

However, we as fans don't know his or the clubs position, we don't know the exact circumstances involved (contract talks etc.) and as Scotland fans we shouldn't really give a f**k either way, I know I don't. Just start turning up regularly for Scotland Ryan and you're alright by me.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

What are you going on about? he wouldn't be expected to play for free. He refused a temporary extension to help his team at the time stay up but because he'd been in a huff all year at not getting to join a team like Arsenal, who are way above his ability. He has an attitude problem and its clear to see.

If you were being paid and had the ability to help keep your workplace afloat and save all your colleagues would you say nah see you id rather sit at home and not get paid instead of helping you lot.

Edited by red23

17 minutes ago, red23 said:

If you were being paid and had the ability to help keep your workplace afloat and save all your colleagues would you say nah see you id rather sit at home and not get paid instead of helping you lot.

He was available and wasn't being picked. 

So, um, yeah. That's that rant thrown straight in the bin. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He was available and wasn't being picked. 

So you're saying having him available on the bench or in hope he'd wised up over the break wouldn't be an asset to the team?

6 minutes ago, red23 said:

So you're saying having him available on the bench or in hope he'd wised up over the break wouldn't be an asset to the team?

Which one is it? 

You're saying he turned down a contract and never wanted to help out the team but considering he was available and could have helped out the team but wasn't selected - you're blaming him for that too? 

You can't have it both ways. 

Which one are you going to embarrass yourself with continuing to push? 

On 31/07/2020 at 19:14, Bishop Briggs said:

No shit, Peppino!

Who wants to sign a player who shat on his former club in a relegation fight?

I hope that he ends up in the Championship.

Football clubs famously have high moral standards when it comes to signing players.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Which one is it? 

You're saying he turned down a contract and never wanted to help out the team but considering he was available and could have helped out the team but wasn't selected - you're blaming him for that too? 

You can't have it both ways. 

Which one are you going to embarrass yourself with continuing to push? 

Well then why was he offered a contract to extend his stay at the cost of 20k plus per week if the club had no use for him?!?!?!!??!!? Jesus i can't believe i actually have to explain it to a grown man it's pretty embarrassing for you. 

Are you actually being serious? I can't even tell

Edited by red23