Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2020 at 23:03, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

No chance he winds up at Celtic, surely. 

I'm in a group chat with folk from work. One of them said his loon was school pals with Fraser and he'd told him he'd been up for talks.

I still think he's going to end up at Arsenal.

On 18/07/2020 at 22:58, BB_Bino said:

The media have linked him with Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and Celtic but nothing in concrete just yet.

This is just lazy media because he's Scottish. Ryan Fraser was on around 27k a week at Bournemouth, the average EPL wage is around £60k a week which is what Callum Wilson is on at Bournemouth so they probably offered him around this figure to extend his deal and stay at the club. He is available for free so is likely to get higher offers than £60k a week because no transfer fee is involved. Everton, Newcastle, Southampton etc. will all offer more than that and Arsenal could offer £90k without caring.

Celtic can't get anywhere near this figure. Celtics model is to buy young and sell on, they will give big deals to Eduoard or Dembele or someone they feel they can sell on for a massive fee so a big wage is worth it in the long run for them but even that is around £30k. Ryan Fraser at 26 doesn't fit this type of player.

Common sense tells you he'll not be at Celtic.

10 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Think I’m going to believe Merkland Red’s workmate’s ‘loon’ (whatever the f**k that means) on this one tbh.

Believe what you want. I'm not fussed.

The same chat had Mackay, McLaren or Mellon as the front runners for the Utd job before the latter two were even mentioned anywhere so sometimes folk you'd expect to be full of shite get it right. Broken clock etc etc

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Believe what you want. I'm not fussed.

The same chat had Mackay, McLaren or Mellon as the front runners for the Utd job before the latter two were even mentioned anywhere so sometimes folk you'd expect to be full of shite get it right. Broken clock etc etc

This fantastic insider info now available after his appointment.

Im on a whatsapp group currently, and a workmates loon says you make stuff up.

The only way I could see Fraser end up at Celtic is if they sign him on around 30k a week wages but give him a massive signing on fee with the money they’ve saved in a transfer fee.

But, I think it would be unlikely.

13 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Any updates on who he might be signing for are Watford and palace still being touted

Latest in the rags was Arsenal are back in for him as they won't have much cash to play with. No danger he's signing for Watford until they get themselves safe too.

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Id prefer him to go to an everton or a palace. Just for game time.

I cant see him making much of an impact at arsenal.

I think he would fit in pretty well but as you say game time could be an issue. If Aubamayeng stays then that's where he seems to play at the moment. There's also Saka coming through.