Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

A bit part player at that side, where players do get chances, isn't to be sniffed at. He'd be playing games at a very high level, under a hell of a coach even if it's not regularly, and would surely make him a better player.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Robertson was a "bit part player" when he joined, and it didn't do him any harm. He barely got a game until the January of his first season, but then seized the opportunity when it arrived.

Agreed but his main competition was Moreno who isn't the same caliber as keeping a guy like mane or salah out the team.

From a Scotland point of view you would want him playing as much as possible. Shaqiri probably the most comparable player in the liverpool team, 30 appearances, 15 starts, average of 47.2 minutes per game. Might be enough.

Normally I'd say a regular starter is preferable, but players get chances at Liverpool, and playing with those players, at a top level, with a coach like Klopp, surely that would be enough to make the move a good thing from a Scotland standpoint, even if he's not a regular starter there.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

He'd be wasted at Man United. If there's any substance to these rumours, then hopefully he goes to Arsenal or Liverpool. 

I hope he stays where he is or goes somewhere he’s a cert to be playing every week which I’m not convinced he would be if he joins one of the top 6. Happy to be proven wrong though obviously. 

• 5 months later...

Not happening according to The Athletic. 

I'm a big fan, but reading the ever-reliable Twitter over the weekend, Bournemouth fans are a bit fed up of him. He was never going to replicate last season's numbers. but I wonder how much of a part his contract situation has played. 

53 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Not happening according to The Athletic. 

I'm a big fan, but reading the ever-reliable Twitter over the weekend, Bournemouth fans are a bit fed up of him. He was never going to replicate last season's numbers. but I wonder how much of a part his contract situation has played. 

Liverpool Echo saying the same as well. I'd trust both those sources ahead of Talksport.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-liverpool-in-advanced-talks-with-shock-move-for-ryan-fraser-20191111.amp.html

Would just be swapping a Swiss dwarf to sit on the bench for a Scottish one imo!!!

10 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He has had a poor season you wonder why he wasn’t sold in the summer , probably lost about 15 million on him

You wonder why Bournemouth didn't sell their most creative and effective winger in the summer? Do you hold any views which aren't entirely moronic?

Guest DAVIDB69
Possibly to help stay in the EPL and rake in a £100m+ payout each season?

He hasn’t been their most significant player this season stats don’t lie.

There were rumours of arsenal interest last summer but there is nothing moronic saying he has had a poor season

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He hasn’t been their most significant player this season stats don’t lie.

There were rumours of arsenal interest last summer but there is nothing moronic saying he has had a poor season

How are you able to connect to our internet from the planet you're on?

Guest DAVIDB69
How are you able to connect to our internet from the planet you're on?

He hasn’t been good this season but some tartan army diehards have the bar set at ankle height.

I suspect you are one of those people.