Ryan Fraser

MickeyPaul

I couldn't find a thread for "The Wee Man" sorry. Maybe he isn't worthy of one but there's a chance he could be off to one of England's "Big" clubs in the summer according to rumours; Arsenal being the club talked about most.  I've noticed his stats being mentioned a few times this season mainly with regards assists and it's pretty damn impressive when you consider he's ahead of everyone except for Hazard (he might even be tied with him now, not sure) in one of the top leagues not just in Europe but on EARTH itself!

Anyway... I had a wee browse through an Arsenal forum trying to gauge their opinion and it was pretty predictable stuff much like the Liverpool fans with Robertson: "Not good enough for us" and "Meh" being the general consensus. That's fine and understandable but I bet they didnae see this! https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/13/ryan-fraser-callum-wilson-equal-record-held-iconic-arsenal-strike-partnership-9197594/

Pretty good eh?

1 hour ago, MickeyPaul said:

I couldn't find a thread for "The Wee Man" sorry. Maybe he isn't worthy of one but there's a chance he could be off to one of England's "Big" clubs in the summer according to rumours; Arsenal being the club talked about most.  I've noticed his stats being mentioned a few times this season mainly with regards assists and it's pretty damn impressive when you consider he's ahead of everyone except for Hazard (he might even be tied with him now, not sure) in one of the top leagues not just in Europe but on EARTH itself!

Anyway... I had a wee browse through an Arsenal forum trying to gauge their opinion and it was pretty predictable stuff much like the Liverpool fans with Robertson: "Not good enough for us" and "Meh" being the general consensus. That's fine and understandable but I bet they didnae see this! https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/13/ryan-fraser-callum-wilson-equal-record-held-iconic-arsenal-strike-partnership-9197594/

Pretty good eh?

Saw that on Everton forums to linked to them to for 20 million

He would suit playing for one of the top teams in Spain tbh. Looks and plays like a wee nippy fucker you'd see abroad. Need more players like that. Guess Forrest is kinda similar, but nowhere near as good. 

Just now, Estragon is a fud said:

It would make sense for Liverpool to go after him.  Would fit well in their side and is obviously miles better than Origi and Sturridge.

They already have their "wee barrel-chested forward" quota with Shaquiri. 

47 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He would suit playing for one of the top teams in Spain tbh. Looks and plays like a wee nippy fucker you'd see abroad. Need more players like that. Guess Forrest is kinda similar, but nowhere near as good. 

Totally agree, Ajax, sevilla, Porto, Monaco, Lyon, Valencia club's like that would be a great fit for him.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

They already have their "wee barrel-chested forward" quota with Shaquiri. 

Shaqiri seems too be out of favour and it would not be a surprise if he's sold in the summer. Liverpool, however, also have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Camacho who can play in that position.

Arsenal, I'm sad to say, could be a good option. He would certainly improve that squad. 

Solskjaer wants to offload Sanchez. Herrera, Mata  and Pereira are out of contract and rumoured to leaving. Old Trafford could be another possibility for him if Ole is interested. 

I confess to not having seen much of him outwith his performances for Scotland. Is he really that good?
I'm naturally afraid he ends up as a bit part player and bench warmer.
I don't watch Motd anymore, but I do keep up with the results. Given he's a regular scorer and one of the top assisters in the EPL - for a middling team as well - I'm happy that he's capable of consistently delivering at the top level.
My main fear is that, with 7 caps aged 25 and a history of calling off/being injured (delete as appropriate) he's destined to be a player who winds up his international career with a paltry number of caps and limited contribution proportional to what he is capable of (e.g 36 caps, 5 goals or something equally as forgettable)

Really hope I'm wrong, of course.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I don't watch Motd anymore, but I do keep up with the results. Given he's a regular scorer and one of the top assisters in the EPL - for a middling team as well - I'm happy that he's capable of consistently delivering at the top level.
My main fear is that, with 7 caps aged 25 and a history of calling off/being injured (delete as appropriate) he's destined to be a player who winds up his international career with a paltry number of caps and limited contribution proportional to what he is capable of (e.g 36 caps, 5 goals or something equally as forgettable)

Really hope I'm wrong, of course.

This.  He should have 30 caps by now.

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I remember when Owain Tudor Jones got sent off for absolutely smashing him at Caley stadium, one of the most comical tackles I've ever seen.

Ross Tokely did the same for us.  It was great.  He might even have got away with a yellow for double chuckles.

On 4/17/2019 at 18:35, velo army said:

I confess to not having seen much of him outwith his performances for Scotland. Is he really that good?

I'm naturally afraid he ends up as a bit part player and bench warmer.

I also confess to not seeing a great deal of him but every time I have, just generally on the ball and in tight situations, he usually finds a team mate or makes something happen rather than blindly punting the ball in a general direction.

Controversial statement here but... every time I've seen Barry Bannan too.. I love how he can keep the ball with 2 or 3 guys on him and find a pass. He was superb when he came on for Sheffield Wednesday last night against Norwich, in my opinion. We absolutely (imo) want players like that. Players that can pass to teammates I mean.  It's quite important.

Bannan has nearly 30 caps for Scotland and has been no better than the myriad of other midfielders tried in the same period.

Is he a good player, yes. Could he be in the Scotland squad? Of course. But is he going to be the solution to anything? No. See also John Fleck, Kenny McLean etc.

On 4/20/2019 at 22:19, craigkillie said:

Bannan has nearly 30 caps for Scotland and has been no better than the myriad of other midfielders tried in the same period.

Is he a good player, yes. Could he be in the Scotland squad? Of course. But is he going to be the solution to anything? No. See also John Fleck, Kenny McLean etc.

John Fleck is another guy that when I've seen him, he really doesn't seem to give the ball away.  I like that in a player.  I honestly think Scotland's stats for incomplete passes since we last qualified for a tournament will be among the worst in the world. Once we make 3 passes my brain focuses "How are we going to lose possession here? Who and how?" You know it's coming and usually it's because no one wants the fucking ball. Nobody moves. Static. So the guy on the ball just goes "Waaaaaaa!" and the commentator says "Careless again in possession" and it never ends. Go watch every Scotland game from the last 20 years and notice when one of our players is on the ball.... nae options. Everyone hiding. No one fucking moves. Spaces open up all the time but our guys are still man marking for when we lose it. Bah!