Dumbarton v East Fife 20.4.19

Yes, yes you have!!!
As I said its mind boggling, but league positions don't lie and you are joint third bottom, down with the dregs as it were and as I consider Stennie, Stranraer and Airdrie to be better sides than you that would make you the worst team we've played this season IMHO (although when I think about it, I'd be prepared to put you on a par with Brechin)!!!
But as you've said you've sworded us 4 times this season so consider yourself Champions in waiting if you want but I'll wait to see who you get in to replace Thomas first!!!
We don't even need to replace Thomas tbh, Bobby Barr is that good we could probably just run with 10 first team starters next season.

East Fife have single handily kept Dumbarton in league one .Would be in trouble if they hadn’t taken 12 points from us. In hindsight  manager given out next years contracts to early as players seem to be on summer holidays for a while with new contract already in the bag. The lack of goals is frightening , mid season progress was good ,but we are now ending this season like last. 

Not sure I can agree that the players have relaxed since getting contracts.

The harsh reality is that we rely on a few players and they have gone off form! Watson a big miss at the back and moving Meggatt to left for Higgins has been a big mistake. Kane must be wondering what he needs to do to get a chance when he was dropped for poor mistakes and Higgins makes one every week. To make matters worse- moving Meggatt has coincided with a dreadful drop in his form.

As i have said before Agnew cannot be fit re his shoulder- not the same player by some distance since he came back- and we over rely on Dowds who has also had a drop in form.

But for me the worse thing about this dreadful run of performances is that we have stopped playing football. No passes on the ground just huge punts upfield from the backs and the midfield... truly dreadful to watch and we are better than that- this approach will result in few goals.

Anyway time now for the season to end. Shame wont make the playoffs but to be frank we are not good enough.

We need a win before the end though as it would be a dreadful run to take into the close season- this is relegation form!

Onwards and forwards....

Anyway, lets talk about the football. Because today, unlike last week, the football was worth talking about.

I thought that performance was near enough flawless. Three goals. A clean sheet. Safety. You really cannot ask for any more than that, but above all else I thought everyone had a good game. It's comfortably the best I've seen Grant Adam play for us: He commanded his area, was out sharply for through balls, caught a cross and produced the most mental superman punch I've ever seen live.

Most of his kicks avoided the dugouts too. So big ups to to him, it's just a shame he hasn't been like that more often, because he really looked the part today.

As Cedrick says on the other page, Mango was undoubtedly my Man of the Match though. That was like the Mango we saw last season, and the Mango I used to watch enviously during his time at Livingston. He was smashing into challenges, throwing himself at everything and then showing a decent wee bit of composure when he had the ball at his feet. It's a real shame about his injuries, because without them he could've been a Premiership player imo. He's got everything you want in a defender, and I'm really going to miss him when he moves on.

Brain McLean did well alongside him too. Don't get me wrong, East Fife looked fairly toothless, but McLean won near enough everything he went for, and quietly did a good job of sweeping up when Mango lost out on a 50/50 with Dowds. I wasn't convinced after the Airdrie game, but he's been decent over the past few weeks and, despite their lack of pace, him and Mango look a good pairing. It's just a shame we've had to wait until now to see them together.

Two clean sheets in a row too. Remarkable.

I seem to do this every week, but I was delighted to see Calum Gallagher on the scoresheet again. He works ridiculously hard and, every so often, that pays off when a defender makes a mistake. God knows what happened to Chris Higgins, he looked a shadow of the player who used to stroll games against us with Queen of the South, but Calum was there to pounce and finished it very nicely. Even if the goalkeeping looked more than a little suspect.

12 goals in 29 starts this season. He might run funny, but you can't argue with that record. He's a good player at this level, and we'd be mad to punt him in the summer imo.

It's nice that we can start to look towards the summer, knowing what league we'll be playing in though. I really didn't fancy our chances if we needed a result on the final day, so to have it tied up now is great.

Has it been a good season? God no. But since David Ferguson, Henk van Schaik, Conor Brennan and Boris Melingui (of whom only Fergie has been a regular) came in, in late January our form has been excellent (P13, W6, D5 L2). Credit to Duffy and the players for that. Since then I've actually started to enjoy watching us again and, after a few years of Aitken-ball, it's great to see a Dumbarton team that enjoy going forward. Nobody is expecting miracles, but a team that attack a game will please most fans - and we certainly do that.

The summer will no doubt be one of upheaval, and replacing DT especially will be a colossal ask. Whatever happens though I'm already looking forward to a fresh start. 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

I agree it is mind boggling, we can't even buy a goal against your fucking mob and you are quite comfortably the worst team we've played in this Division, make no bones about it, take Thomas out of the equation and you would be going down this season, your points against us have all been entirely deserved but have also papered over a multitude of cracks giving you a false sense of security, take them away and you would be bottom even take half of them away and you're only a point of the bottom!!!
Yes we've turned into a poor shadow of what we were pre-February and a gang is probably an apt description now but we're still above you and have been all season, kisses xx!!!

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

The harsh reality is that we rely on a few players and they have gone off form! Watson a big miss at the back and moving Meggatt to left for Higgins has been a big mistake. Kane must be wondering what he needs to do to get a chance when he was dropped for poor mistakes and Higgins makes one every week. To make matters worse- moving Meggatt has coincided with a dreadful drop in his form.

As i have said before Agnew cannot be fit re his shoulder- not the same player by some distance since he came back- and we over rely on Dowds who has also had a drop in form.

But for me the worse thing about this dreadful run of performances is that we have stopped playing football. No passes on the ground just huge punts upfield from the backs and the midfield... truly dreadful to watch and we are better than that- this approach will result in few goals.

Anyway time now for the season to end. Shame wont make the playoffs but to be frank we are not good enough.

We need a win before the end though as it would be a dreadful run to take into the close season- this is relegation form!

Onwards and forwards....

Press Association in agreement - they had him as Scott McBride, even though he was playing for Kelty Hearts today.

Onwards and forwards....

Agree regarding Kane, he was a big part of that unbeaten run at the start of the season and was unlucky with the injury at Forfar that forced him off and the form of his replacement Dunlop meant he couldn't get back in, I thought he might have got back in with the injury to Watson but DY pulled Dunsmore back there instead which then made us toothless down the right, got a feeling Kano might be away at the end of this season as well!!!
Think Meggatt's form slump is because if him being moved not in addition too!!!

Eh?
I wonder how long it will be before bawbag turns on the sons fans ? It will happen,aybe not this season,but it will happen, and he will move to another club, and come back to the rock , and do exactly the same gesture, bit with a different strip. He can't help himself, every club he's been at , the fans end up with a passionate dislike for the wee jobbie!!

3 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
45 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Eh?

I wonder how long it will be before bawbag turns on the sons fans ? It will happen,aybe not this season,but it will happen, and he will move to another club, and come back to the rock , and do exactly the same gesture, bit with a different strip. He can't help himself, every club he's been at , the fans end up with a passionate dislike for the wee jobbie!!

Are you upset about something?