• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
EdTheDuck

Cove Rangers Champions

18 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Who replaces Cove in the HL?

Probably no-one. Only club who could apply would be Banks o' Dee and they've said they're not interested.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

I'd like Berwick Rangers to apply, would give Fort a competitive game.

14 hours ago, come on shire said:

Probably more likely to be Elgin City coming down before any new boys join from Juniors, NCL etc.

League 2 is going to get tougher and more competitive over the next few years and the clubs who struggle year after year to even make the playoffs in that league will find it increasingly harder to sustain their place in that league. I hope not,but given how little they have progressed since entering the Scottish League if no step up soon on and off the pitch, this will increasingly become a reality.

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The state of those Cove fans :lol:

I was down and in the main stand. The stewards allowed the Cove fans onto the pitch to celebrate with the team and most of them done just that although the wee group in the picture went over and taunted the Berwick fans which wasn't really needed.

Think there were a few Aberdeen day trippers who done the double header along with their game today at Hibs we were sat next to a couple of them on the train who were decent guys even offered me a bottle of Blue Wkd:lol:

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Probably more likely to be Elgin City coming down before any new boys join from Juniors, NCL etc.

League 2 is going to get tougher and more competitive over the next few years and the clubs who struggle year after year to even make the playoffs in that league will find it increasingly harder to sustain their place in that league....

Albion Rovers, Queen's Park and Cowdenbeath are other obvious possibilities on that. Seeing another SPFL club lose7-0 on aggregate might end the complacency that some of these clubs seem to have had but those three have financial issues that are unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

Will be interesting to see if Cove going up spurs on Inverurie Locos, Formartine and Fraserburgh to do something similar. If Angus can support four SPFL clubs, the NE could probably sustain another at least some of the time.

Cove Rangers have no class and neither do their fans and I doubt they will be missed from the HL. I suppose its football progress, Cove haven't reached their full potential or their ceiling where as Berwick Rangers haven't done anything for years.

Sad to see Berwick Rangers lose their place in the Scottish League after decades of being a part, maybe this might wake the club up and they can turn themselves around in what's going to be an increasingly more competitive and harder Lowland League.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Albion Rovers, Queen's Park and Cowdenbeath are other obvious possibilities on that. Seeing another SPFL club lose7-0 on aggregate might end the complacency that some of these clubs seem to have had but those three have financial issues that are unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

Will be interesting to see if Cove going up spurs on Inverurie Locos, Formartine and Fraserburgh to do something similar. If Angus can support four SPFL clubs, the NE could probably sustain another at least some of the time.

I don't think its complacency, its possible they can't do any better without improved financial support. Clubs have ups and downs over the years and all three you mention are perfectly capable of going up a league but over the next few years with the gradual filter of teams from the 5th tier who will be comparatively financially better off, most of the clubs who frequent the bottom of the four leagues will find it harder and harder as the seasons go on to maintain a Scottish League place.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If I remember correctly this is how the Balkans war kicked off

All it needs now is a Zvonimir Boban to attack a policeman to kick it all off:

or there again maybe not...