Cove Rangers Champions

EdTheDuck

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The state of those Cove fans :lol:

I was down and in the main stand. The stewards allowed the Cove fans onto the pitch to celebrate with the team and most of them done just that although the wee group in the picture went over and taunted the Berwick fans which wasn't really needed.

Think there were a few Aberdeen day trippers who done the double header along with their game today at Hibs we were sat next to a couple of them on the train who were decent guys even offered me a bottle of Blue Wkd:lol:

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Probably more likely to be Elgin City coming down before any new boys join from Juniors, NCL etc.

League 2 is going to get tougher and more competitive over the next few years and the clubs who struggle year after year to even make the playoffs in that league will find it increasingly harder to sustain their place in that league....

Albion Rovers, Queen's Park and Cowdenbeath are other obvious possibilities on that. Seeing another SPFL club lose7-0 on aggregate might end the complacency that some of these clubs seem to have had but those three have financial issues that are unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

Will be interesting to see if Cove going up spurs on Inverurie Locos, Formartine and Fraserburgh to do something similar. If Angus can support four SPFL clubs, the NE could probably sustain another at least some of the time.

Given the financial strife at ICT can see them in League 1 in next couple of years and then who knows with their paltry support. Could add Ross County when Global Energy hit a downturn, maybe not in the immediate future but bound to come. In 20 years time you could have a HL with ICT, County and Elgin in it.!!

On 5/19/2019 at 10:56, LongTimeLurker said:

Albion Rovers, Queen's Park and Cowdenbeath are other obvious possibilities on that. Seeing another SPFL club lose7-0 on aggregate might end the complacency that some of these clubs seem to have had but those three have financial issues that are unlikely to be fixed any time soon.

Will be interesting to see if Cove going up spurs on Inverurie Locos, Formartine and Fraserburgh to do something similar. If Angus can support four SPFL clubs, the NE could probably sustain another at least some of the time.

I'm not sure if those three teams have any real appetite to go up.

Locos did have at one point, possibly still do. They'd plans for a new ground that I've not heard owt of for a while. Formartine are just busking it and don't seem to have a real plan but going up would give their Money Man an excuse to torch his way through even more loot. 

Fraserburgh almost certainly don't have promotion plans.

5 hours ago, Captain Dolby said:

Attended the Junior cup final the other day. Auchinleck Talbot fans didn't have a good word to say above Cove.

However did hear good reports about Wick,Huntly, Brora etc.

Maybe you have to be an obnoxious and ignorant outfit to progress?

Who cares what Talbot fans say.

At the end of the day,Cove are a league 2 side,while Talbot are juniors,argument over.

At the end of the day,Cove are a league 2 side,while Talbot are juniors,argument over.

I'm just giving the forum feedback. I would care because I've been to quite a few junior clubs over the past 2 year since I started getting interest in them. Apart from their term named juniors, most seem more professional that the likes of East Fife, Cowdeneath and Stenhouemuir. I believe is only a matter of time before they are affiliated to the SFA and most of them through time will make their way up the leagues. I'm not so sure about Cove though.

They may seem more professional but they are stuck were they are,if they're happy with that then fair enough but they shouldn't take a pop at a club who have always been ambitious.

I agree,Cove are an obnoxious bunch and as a Vale fan I'm glad to see the back of them but don't write them off from climbing further up the ladder.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

They may seem more professional but they are stuck were they are,if they're happy with that then fair enough but they shouldn't take a pop at a club who have always been ambitious.
I agree,Cove are an obnoxious bunch and as a Vale fan I'm glad to see the back of them but don't write them off from climbing further up the ladder.
I stand corrected you're correct, Maybe I've got caught up in the middle area of second division teams who just roll from one season to another. I'll look at Cove Rangers with a new point of view this new season

6 minutes ago, Captain Dolby said:
16 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I stand corrected you're correct, Maybe I've got caught up in the middle area of second division teams who just roll from one season to another. I'll look at Cove Rangers with a new point of view this new season

Next season may well be a bit of a bedding in process for them but i don't expect them to be kicking about League 2 forever and a day like Elgin.

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Talbot fans seem to hate anyone with ambition to get higher up...

Got to disagree, never got that inclination from the many fans I spoke to. However reading through various threads there is a lot of Talbot orientated quotes. I said this yesterday but I think it goes with the territory of being the best in their level similar to Celtic.

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

Absolutely nothing to do with it. We hate them because of their disrespectful attitude and blatant lies they told after we dispatched them quite comfortably in the Scottish Cup.

I genuinely hope we never play them again and I have never said that about another club