• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
EdTheDuck

Cove Rangers Champions

My thoughts with John  Sheerin & his family wishing the big guy a speedy & full recovery

Also sorry to hear about John Sheran's recent heart attack.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:14, ForzaDundee said:
See if Cove did make it to SPFL2 would it be a correct theory to presume that the raised profile and elevated levels of attention would mean they could draw decent support from the Aberdonian public, say when Aberdeen are playing away?

Didn't really work for Meadowbank and Edinburgh City are not packing them in despite their success. A ground in the middle of nowhere without a place for a pint isn't a terrific draw.

Five years ago Edinburgh City were averaging 79 for league games this season their average is 391. Might be "not packing it in" but seems to be a decent increase in attendance.

Went to watch berwick yesterday and been a few times lately. They are the epitome of a team in a slump. Reckon this will be coves year which is a shame as I have never liked them (went to watch Huntly as a kid and never took to cove then).

30 minutes ago, andyeufc said:

Went to watch berwick yesterday and been a few times lately. They are the epitome of a team in a slump. Reckon this will be coves year which is a shame as I have never liked them (went to watch Huntly as a kid and never took to cove then).

Not a Cove fan either, but I hope Sheran makes a full recovery.

Will the HFL invite a club in or go with a reduced number if Cove were to prevail?

On 22/04/2019 at 11:30, Muzza81 said:

It’s £250 plus VAT. I’ve contacted them about a booking recently. 

You'd be as well playing on the beach for nothing, Cove's pitch is terrible.

13 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Will the HFL invite a club in or go with a reduced number if Cove were to prevail?

I doubt they'd invite anyone. They ran at 15 clubs for years and never made a move to fill that apparent vacancy.

I'm not sure it would get filled this summer either due to lack of interest and relative short notice. Give it a year to think about though,  there might be clubs that start to consider it and apply for 2020-21.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
13 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

I doubt they'd invite anyone. They ran at 15 clubs for years and never made a move to fill that apparent vacancy.

I'm not sure it would get filled this summer either due to lack of interest and relative short notice. Give it a year to think about though,  there might be clubs that start to consider it and apply for 2020-21.

I suspect that there is some protocol where the HFL would have to invite applications from interested clubs rather than invite a specific club. Timing would make it very difficult for the HFL or potential teams to get it sorted so I expect they will run with an uneven number next season.

3 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I suspect that there is some protocol where the HFL would have to invite applications from interested clubs rather than invite a specific club. Timing would make it very difficult for the HFL or potential teams to get it sorted so I expect they will run with an uneven number next season.

They don't have to invite anyone. There's no fixed number of clubs it has to run at and they are open to application.

Not sure if they have a specific deadline for applications like other leagues.

There'd maybe be a brief moment between Cove's promotion & the league agm they'd put a call out. Right now though Banks O'dee is the only club that could get in having both a license & floodlights.

The Highland League has operated with anything from 6 to 18 teams in its history, an odd number again isn't a problem. Given the fact we won't know who'll be taking part til May 18th - usually about a week from the fixtures coming out - means we're probably a bit short on time for getting anyone in. 

The idea there might be a plan for the league heading into the 2020/21 season is hilarious tho. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The Highland League has operated with anything from 6 to 18 teams in its history, an odd number again isn't a problem. Given the fact we won't know who'll be taking part til May 18th - usually about a week from the fixtures coming out - means we're probably a bit short on time for getting anyone in. 

The idea there might be a plan for the league heading into the 2020/21 season is hilarious tho. 

It's not so much the league but prospective applicants that would think about 2020-21. 

Would Banks o'Dee finally pull the trigger knowing there was an open spot ? Would a North Junior/NCL take the year to investigate licensing?

There's actually two open spots already, with the league happy to bumble along with up to 20 teams before giving further consideration to two leagues. 

BOD won't want to join while Cove are still here, as they'll not win owt. 

Everyone's waiting for the first event in north football that'll set in motion the kind of changes seen elsewhere, but no one here seems too interested in doing anything differently.  

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There's actually two open spots already, with the league happy to bumble along with up to 20 teams before giving further consideration to two leagues. 

BOD won't want to join while Cove are still here, as they'll not win owt. 

Everyone's waiting for the first event in north football that'll set in motion the kind of changes seen elsewhere, but no one here seems too interested in doing anything differently.  

I don't think anyone considers the 2 spaces to 20 as "open" necessarily.

No one wants to sign up for a 19 team league. 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think anyone considers the 2 spaces to 20 as "open" necessarily.

No one wants to sign up for a 19 team league. 

Why not?

Two candidates I could think of are BOD and Aberdeen Uni - in terms of facilities. But one suffers from a lack of quality (albeit in the HL that's not an issue) and Hillhead isn't great. BOD have said they don't want to join, yet.

Why? I must have missed all the applicants over the last ten years.

EoS, SoS, LL, West Region, East Region, North Region and NCL all managed to get new members in that time.

Why? I must have missed all the applicants over the last ten years.
EoS, SoS, LL, West Region, East Region, North Region and NCL all managed to get new members in that time.
iirc the Highland League has required lights for a good while hence lack of applicants