Cove Rangers Champions

EdTheDuck

24 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Absolutely nothing to do with it. We hate them because of their disrespectful attitude and blatant lies they told after we dispatched them quite comfortably in the Scottish Cup.

I genuinely hope we never play them again and I have never said that about another club

My personal impression I got from meeting Talbot fans is quite negative. Happy to put anyone wanting to move up from the juniors as "traitors", looking down on senior clubs whilst being happy to be a big fish in a small pond. I'm not blaming people for the latter per se (although I don't understand it personally), but in combination with the other things it does annoy me.

Obviously not all Talbot fans are like that, I understand that. But my experiences with Talbot fans are negative.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

My personal impression I got from meeting Talbot fans is quite negative. Happy to put anyone wanting to move up from the juniors as "traitors", looking down on senior clubs whilst being happy to be a big fish in a small pond. I'm not blaming people for the latter per se (although I don't understand it personally), but in combination with the other things it does annoy me.

Obviously not all Talbot fans are like that, I understand that. But my experiences with Talbot fans are negative.

Never heard any Talbot fans think of the former Juniors as traitors. I would say the overall feeling towards them is apathy, don't really care or think about them anymore

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

My experiences with Dutch are negative but obviously not all Dutch are like that.  

22 minutes ago, Captain Dolby said:

My experiences with Dutch are negative but obviously not all Dutch are like that.  

What's your endgame here? Are you just trying to get a rise from someone? Marten has just said about Talbot fans what you said about Cove fans. It's all about perspective.

Cove are in SPFL2. Talbot are in the West Juniors, with nowhere to go. They are happy to win all the trophies going in the juniors, but they cannot progress currently. They are a good team, but you'd expect them to be, given how well they will have done financially from the cup.

What's your endgame here? Are you just trying to get a rise from someone? Marten has just said about Talbot fans what you said about Cove fans. It's all about perspective.
Cove are in SPFL2. Talbot are in the West Juniors, with nowhere to go. They are happy to win all the trophies going in the juniors, but they cannot progress currently. They are a good team, but you'd expect them to be, given how well they will have done financially from the cup.
I haven't got an end game, if you read my posts after a fellow poster remarked to me I actually said I will look at Cove with a different view next season.

Keep your knickers on

Just now, Captain Dolby said:

I haven't got an end game, if you read my posts after a fellow poster remarked to me I actually said I will look at Cove with a different view next season.

Keep your knickers on

I see, is that why you sent me a PM mewling about me down-voting one of your posts? Grow up.

Not at all, thought it was childish to mark someone down but not comment, however you have now commented and fairly so all good
What's childish is to be to miffed about being "marked down" on here. Give yourself a shake, man.

What's childish is to be to miffed about being "marked down" on here. Give yourself a shake, man.
I have given myself a good shake. If you read the comment I remarked the guy had replied so all good. Ffs I'm new to this.
I'm getting marked down for asking a dam question. You're a Precious lot on here.

8 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Never heard any Talbot fans think of the former Juniors as traitors. I would say the overall feeling towards them is apathy, don't really care or think about them anymore

That works 2 ways coyote,I used to pop down to Central Park to watch whitburn juniors from time to time,now I wouldn't watch them if they were playing out in the back garden.

Auchinshoogle Accies, or whatever they're called, have zero place to slag any club off.  They're going absolutely nowhere and their trophies and league wins mean next to nothing.

A lot of angst for the mention of Auchenshoogle Tablet on here.  An indication that some of our senior friends are worried for their future with the West Juniors coming?. I can see the likes of Pollok, Linlithgow,Beith making an impact on the seniors at the detriment of certain others. As a Dumbarton fan I'm looking over my shoulder. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Dolby said:

A lot of angst for the mention of Auchenshoogle Tablet on here.  An indication that some of our senior friends are worried for their future with the West Juniors coming?. I can see the likes of Pollok, Linlithgow,Beith making an impact on the seniors at the detriment of certain others. As a Dumbarton fan I'm looking over my shoulder. 

Dumbarton fan aye :lol:

20 hours ago, Captain Dolby said:

I'm just giving the forum feedback. I would care because I've been to quite a few junior clubs over the past 2 year since I started getting interest in them. Apart from their term named juniors, most seem more professional that the likes of East Fife, Cowdeneath and Stenhouemuir. I believe is only a matter of time before they are affiliated to the SFA and most of them through time will make their way up the leagues. I'm not so sure about Cove though.

Cove will likely get a couple of decent players on loan from Aberdeen. The location will make them appealing to some other players too.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Cove will likely get a couple of decent players on loan from Aberdeen. The location will make them appealing to some other players too.

Well you want to hope so,  but Honestly can't see that happening.  Glasgow and central belt is there most likely place for upcoming players.  St Mirren and Motherwell are creating good young talent at the minute

35 minutes ago, Captain Dolby said:

Well you want to hope so,  but Honestly can't see that happening.  Glasgow and central belt is there most likely place for upcoming players.  St Mirren and Motherwell are creating good young talent at the minute

Cove can out-wage most League 1 clubs.  I don't think they'll have any issue attracting players to the third biggest settlement in the country.

5 hours ago, Captain Dolby said:

The vast majority of EOS fans want the west to come. In the many pyramid discussions on here, fans of EOS clubs have generally no issues with WRJFA joining the pyramid. As they are a different part of the country, I doubt it will have much impact on player recruitment for East clubs.