Cove Rangers Champions

EdTheDuck

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

I wonder if Cove Rangers were founded by fans of Glasgow Rangers. Couldn't find anything to indicate they were, but given their name and colours, and that they were founded in 1922, I think it's not unlikely. I cannot imagine many Aberdeen supporters adopting them as a second team. 

Saw quite a lot of folk in Dons gear at the game yesterday, presumably headed along once Aberdeen had lost to Celtic prior to kick off.

13 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Saw quite a lot of folk in Dons gear at the game yesterday, presumably headed along once Aberdeen had lost to Celtic prior to kick off.

Surprising. Though it's a big game - I mean Aberdeen will potentially have a second SPFL club next season. That they play in blue and are suffixed Rangers, is just funny. 

40 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Myself, @BendtnerBairn and a few mates are going to the playoff game, don't know cove that well but any decent boozers, near by?

There’s nothing near the ground at all. It’s in the middle of an industrial estate next to a school. Stay in town and get a taxi up as close to kick off as possible. 

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Do people at Cove matches shout for the "Rangers", I wonder? Doesn't happen at Cambuslang Rangers matches.

I blurted ‘that word’ while playing for Arniston yoofs many moons ago... never forgiven myself! 

8 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Myself, @BendtnerBairn and a few mates are going to the playoff game, don't know cove that well but any decent boozers, near by?

There is a bar at the ground but that’s about it. As others have said best bet is having a beer in town then a taxi from town or a number 3 bus which you can catch from Guild Street that drops you about 5 minutes walk from the ground. 

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

There’s nothing near the ground at all. It’s in the middle of an industrial estate next to a school. Stay in town and get a taxi up as close to kick off as possible. 

What Muzza and Jute said. I was there this season and there was a ‘fan zone’ which was selling cans at £3 a pop, otherwise nothing nearby. I’m too tight to do taxis unless I’m in a group but the no 3 bus comes 5 times an hour. (Yes, f**k off with the Kenneth Williams GIFs)

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

What Muzza and Jute said. I was there this season and there was a ‘fan zone’ which was selling cans at £3 a pop, otherwise nothing nearby. I’m too tight to do taxis unless I’m in a group but the no 3 bus comes 5 times an hour. (Yes, f**k off with the Kenneth Williams GIFs)

Day ticket on the bus is £4 so if there’s 4/5 of them they are as well getting a couple of taxis up. Maximise drinking time!

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Day ticket on the bus is £4 so if there’s 4/5 of them they are as well getting a couple of taxis up. Maximise drinking time!

Forgot to mention I’m an auld c**t. Bus passes  :bounce2:bounce3

12 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Will be a good practice for when Aberdeen move to "Aurora" if nothing else.

6 hours ago, Jute said:

There is a bar at the ground but that’s about it. As others have said best bet is having a beer in town then a taxi from town or a number 3 bus which you can catch from Guild Street that drops you about 5 minutes walk from the ground. 

Is the bar open to everyone? Thought it was just for blazers and hospitality. 

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Fraser Fyvie seemingly joining Cove after leaving Dundee United. Been plagued with injury so stepping down to part-time fitba.

I first saw Fraser Fyvie play in a school tournament when he must have been 11-12. I remembered his name as  his team mates and parents were raving about him and he won the tournament more or less single handedly for his team.  Consequently I've watched his career with interest and disappointment although I think he picked up an FA cup winners medal as a non playing substitute with Wigan - not so many Scottish players can say that these days.  He hasn't had the best of luck but I hope things work out wherever he ends up playing in future.