Cove Rangers Champions

EdTheDuck

30 minutes ago, andyeufc said:

Went to watch berwick yesterday and been a few times lately. They are the epitome of a team in a slump. Reckon this will be coves year which is a shame as I have never liked them (went to watch Huntly as a kid and never took to cove then).

Not a Cove fan either, but I hope Sheran makes a full recovery.

13 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Will the HFL invite a club in or go with a reduced number if Cove were to prevail?

I doubt they'd invite anyone. They ran at 15 clubs for years and never made a move to fill that apparent vacancy.

I'm not sure it would get filled this summer either due to lack of interest and relative short notice. Give it a year to think about though,  there might be clubs that start to consider it and apply for 2020-21.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
13 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

Will the HFL invite a club in or go with a reduced number if Cove were to prevail?

I doubt they'd invite anyone. They ran at 15 clubs for years and never made a move to fill that apparent vacancy.

I'm not sure it would get filled this summer either due to lack of interest and relative short notice. Give it a year to think about though,  there might be clubs that start to consider it and apply for 2020-21.

I suspect that there is some protocol where the HFL would have to invite applications from interested clubs rather than invite a specific club. Timing would make it very difficult for the HFL or potential teams to get it sorted so I expect they will run with an uneven number next season.

3 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I suspect that there is some protocol where the HFL would have to invite applications from interested clubs rather than invite a specific club. Timing would make it very difficult for the HFL or potential teams to get it sorted so I expect they will run with an uneven number next season.

They don't have to invite anyone. There's no fixed number of clubs it has to run at and they are open to application.

Not sure if they have a specific deadline for applications like other leagues.

There'd maybe be a brief moment between Cove's promotion & the league agm they'd put a call out. Right now though Banks O'dee is the only club that could get in having both a license & floodlights.

The Highland League has operated with anything from 6 to 18 teams in its history, an odd number again isn't a problem. Given the fact we won't know who'll be taking part til May 18th - usually about a week from the fixtures coming out - means we're probably a bit short on time for getting anyone in. 

The idea there might be a plan for the league heading into the 2020/21 season is hilarious tho. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The Highland League has operated with anything from 6 to 18 teams in its history, an odd number again isn't a problem. Given the fact we won't know who'll be taking part til May 18th - usually about a week from the fixtures coming out - means we're probably a bit short on time for getting anyone in. 

The idea there might be a plan for the league heading into the 2020/21 season is hilarious tho. 

It's not so much the league but prospective applicants that would think about 2020-21. 

Would Banks o'Dee finally pull the trigger knowing there was an open spot ? Would a North Junior/NCL take the year to investigate licensing?

There's actually two open spots already, with the league happy to bumble along with up to 20 teams before giving further consideration to two leagues. 

BOD won't want to join while Cove are still here, as they'll not win owt. 

Everyone's waiting for the first event in north football that'll set in motion the kind of changes seen elsewhere, but no one here seems too interested in doing anything differently.  

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There's actually two open spots already, with the league happy to bumble along with up to 20 teams before giving further consideration to two leagues. 

BOD won't want to join while Cove are still here, as they'll not win owt. 

Everyone's waiting for the first event in north football that'll set in motion the kind of changes seen elsewhere, but no one here seems too interested in doing anything differently.  

I don't think anyone considers the 2 spaces to 20 as "open" necessarily.

No one wants to sign up for a 19 team league. 

Why? I must have missed all the applicants over the last ten years.
EoS, SoS, LL, West Region, East Region, North Region and NCL all managed to get new members in that time.
iirc the Highland League has required lights for a good while hence lack of applicants

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Why? I must have missed all the applicants over the last ten years.
EoS, SoS, LL, West Region, East Region, North Region and NCL all managed to get new members in that time.

iirc the Highland League has required lights for a good while hence lack of applicants

Yet there are clubs in the Highland League area with lights so it's not an excuse. 

surely Halkirk, Burghead and Culter cant be far off ground requirements to join the league or get licensed?

Just because they are, or are not far off, doesn’t mean they want senior football.

What’s this desperation to get Halkirk in? No c**t lives up there. Wick have enough problems with recruitment at times as it is.