Both Montrose and Brechin have bigger core support than Annan can dream of.

What has that got to do with 11 v 11 on the park winning a play off tie? I’m sure teams with smaller supports have been promoted before you are just talking complete nonsense.

A rare goalkeeping error took the wind out of our sails and the heads went down as the realisation of a non game hit home.
Hopefully minds on next weeks scuppering of Clyde's title chance...
We seemed to die a death after Hart's out-of-character blunder. Disaappointing after the excellent efforts recently and four shut-outs. Annan won't win any popularity contests, but what they do gets results.

McLaren's best game.

The officials? If ever a game highlighted the way the Scottish football has marginalised linesmen, this was it. If they can't signal for incidents two yards away and have to wait for refs to tell them what way a shy is to go, we should do away with them.

Onwards to scuttle Clyde's championship bid next week.

To be fair to Jordan Hart he didn’t have much time to adjust and I felt he did well to block the initial effort.
I had the pleasure of interviewing the Annan manager once upon a time and he told me that his objective was to set up Annan in much the same fashion that he was inducted into in his time at Blackburn under Kenny Dalglish.
That is , soak up the pressure, hit on the break and get back on the bus leaving the opposition scratching their heads wondering how they had the best of the game but got nothing from it .
From the comments here ( and previously on other club postings) it would appear that the formula is working .

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We seemed to die a death after Hart's out-of-character blunder.

Yeah up to that point we were arguably more dangerous,  but the fight and belief drained away after the goal.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Annan won't win any popularity contests, but what they do gets results.

They know all the tricks, and they have a rather 'straightforward' style, but they can play a bit too and never seem out of position. The third goal was really quite good...the wee number 11 (think I remember him from last time as a stand out) drew Gibby and East (I think) before turning them inside out and chipping a perfect ball for a good finish from Muir.

It is not easy for us to bring in loan players. We get offered players but these Clubs are looking for a contribution to wages that we can't do.  Also they demand that we play them. How can you build a team knowing you have to play someone knowing they can be crap and you have to keep playing them. You are also developing other teams players. Better to find your own players and have them for the season. 
I think a number of our recent loanees have been quite successful. Given we were in the middle of a horrendous run of results did Roberts honestly think the team couldnt be strengthened.

9 hours ago, houstonspider said:
15 hours ago, The man with no name said:
It is not easy for us to bring in loan players. We get offered players but these Clubs are looking for a contribution to wages that we can't do.  Also they demand that we play them. How can you build a team knowing you have to play someone knowing they can be crap and you have to keep playing them. You are also developing other teams players. Better to find your own players and have them for the season. 

I think a number of our recent loanees have been quite successful. Given we were in the middle of a horrendous run of results did Roberts honestly think the team couldnt be strengthened.

We have lost 1 of our last 7 games and have been giving young players the opportunity to play. I think Mark is assessing his squad before the end of the season.

We have lost 1 of our last 7 games and have been giving young players the opportunity to play. I think Mark is assessing his squad before the end of the season.
It wasn't too long into the season before it was fairly clear that we wouldn't be troubling the top or bottom of the division. Not sure if bog standard loan players would have made any difference unless they were going to score a goal a game. If Roberts has decided to blood young guys to perhaps influence them to stay for a year, I'll go with that. Agents are swarming all over our young lads, trying to lure them away.

Annan are a big solid unit who can score goals their record over the past 4 months has been very good ( obviously disposed of by Clyde) in the play offs they have real chance I think it will be Clyde and Annan in the final
but we will beat them over two legs

13 minutes ago, houstonspider said:
37 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:
I don't know but I can see no reason why not.

Depends if we want to be in contention or content to finish 8th. Will love it if i am wrong.

Without knowing the squad we will have to wildly make predictions like that is baffling. We have had a decent run over the last few games at the same time as introducing some young lads to gain experience without detriment to team performance. You surely can't criticise Mark Roberts for that?

Interesting debate. Like the first game at Annan we had decent spells and matched Annan well but they were sharp and accurate with their chances and we weren’t. It would be interesting to know their goals scored v shots on target ratio. Likely to be very high.

As for the manager’s tales from the boot room; Blackburn had one golden summer and many winters of discontent since. They were the product of Jack Walker and were blessed with the SaS attack force. When he passed away so did the glory.

Maybe over on the QP thread is the place to debate the management team.

7 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Annan are a big solid unit who can score goals their record over the past 4 months has been very good ( obviously disposed of by Clyde) in the play offs they have real chance I think it will be Clyde and Annan in the final
but we will beat them over two legs

Not being presumptions  but if we make the final we welcome the challenge.Like nothing  better  than to beat  the CC's

Edited by the philosopher
Add to

On 22/04/2019 at 18:23, houstonspider said:
On 22/04/2019 at 17:59, williebraveheart said:
I don't know but I can see no reason why not.

Depends if we want to be in contention or content to finish 8th. Will love it if i am wrong.

We're currently 6th ( of course we might still finish 8th). Saturday was our first defeat since Edinburgh. Annan are a better team than us, we're missing good players through injury, and without too much at stake he's used the opportunity to field some youngsters . 

We have beaten Peterhead, Clyde, and Elgin this season, all teams who were above us at the time, so to say he can only beat teams below isn't strictly true. Too many draws this season has killed us imo , that's why we're not in contention for 4th. I agree with you on the loan front mind you, quite surprised we couldn't get a decent young striker in who might have made that difference but just shows you also how great MacPherson's contacts were. 

I'm no happy clapper but a sense of perspective is required here. Oh aye, he's made mistakes and we've had a few gubbings but I think he's learning from them.