Not at all. QP had all the good stuff in the first. But like our first game at Annan, their boys know how to finish.  We've had a good run so it was a bit disappointing.  Goals win games, wins points, wins prizes. Reset and go again next week.
Agreed. I think we had the best of the first half, and possibly playing the better football without taking any chances. The difference was Annan's ability to finish off half chances. Annan are dull and physical but a very competent team. Difficult to beat and will be no pushover in the play-offs.

This season for us has been one long team selection and balance experiment that took a few knocks along the way, but was never fully resolved. Definitely something to build on though depending on who we keep.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fair play to Annan. Defo the ugliest football in the league with their diving, rolling and petty fouling. But they made something out of nothing 3 times in the second. We had much more efforts toward their goal and troubled the keeper once.

Have to say the Annan coach out-manoeuvred Roberts today. Taking two wing backs out for some sloppy play seemed to be the turning point.

Annan are definitely a difficult team to play against. They are big, strong, organised and definitely know all the tricks in the book. They got our keeper sent off for nothing a few weeks ago with some outrageous cheating. Having said that, they are on a remarkably good run and if I’m being honest they’re the team I don’t want to end up playing in the playoffs if we manage to get past Edinburgh. 

No surprise there. Annan are always keen to get to the play-offs for the reason of gaining extra revenue but won't make the next step since like Gretna and Edinburgh City they have no support. A glorified village outfit. Brechin or Stenny will beat them over two legs.

Didn’t realise the bigger the support you have the more chance of getting promoted. I’m pretty sure Gretna did make the next step?

5 hours ago, Bulstrode said:

No surprise there. Annan are always keen to get to the play-offs for the reason of gaining extra revenue but won't make the next step since like Gretna and Edinburgh City they have no support. A glorified village outfit. Brechin or Stenny will beat them over two legs.

That is fuckin pathetic  .Who the f**k do you think you are  ? . keen to get to the play offs ? holy f**k you are a genius  . Gaining extra revenue  ?  that's awful .  

Generally or was that aimed at Roberts? What caught your eye?
For me today was going to be a big test to prove Roberts is the man to take us into next season. Collectively they failed to convince. Sitting midfielders failed to protect the back 3 and the back 3 shouldnt have lost those soft goals. We should be looking at the results against the Annans, Stirlings Cowdenbeaths of the league and thats where we have come up short.

7 hours ago, houstonspider said:
8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Generally or was that aimed at Roberts? What caught your eye?

For me today was going to be a big test to prove Roberts is the man to take us into next season. Collectively they failed to convince. Sitting midfielders failed to protect the back 3 and the back 3 shouldnt have lost those soft goals. We should be looking at the results against the Annans, Stirlings Cowdenbeaths of the league and thats where we have come up short.

The test for Roberts will be who he can convince to stay and who he can convince to join. The better players we have, the better we will do. 

I don't rate Jim McInally but the resources at Peterhead allow him to have the best squad in the division. Even he can't f**k up winning the league this season.

The test for Roberts will be who he can convince to stay and who he can convince to join. The better players we have, the better we will do. 
I don't rate Jim McInally but the resources at Peterhead allow him to have the best squad in the division. Even he can't f**k up winning the league this season.
I think you made an important point there. Who stays and who comes in. I will be delighted if i am wrong but on evidence so far i think tactically Roberts is a one trick pony who got away with it against Berwick and the Dirties but as soon as he comes up against the others he doesnt have an answer. I am also baffled as to why he didnt use the transfer window to bring in loanees. Is that because he doesnt have the contacts or he felt the squad was good enough. The league position doesnt lie. Has he been leaving guys out because they are not staying and giving game time to guys who are but are not as good. Lewis Magee in central midfield ?? Come on. We have been fortunate this season that the worst Rovers and Berwick sides in a generation have been propping up the table. Based on some of the poor runs we have been on it could easily havd been us and might still be next year if the right man isnt in charge.

39 minutes ago, houstonspider said:
8 hours ago, The man with no name said:

I think you made an important point there. Who stays and who comes in. I will be delighted if i am wrong but on evidence so far i think tactically Roberts is a one trick pony who got away with it against Berwick and the Dirties but as soon as he comes up against the others he doesnt have an answer. I am also baffled as to why he didnt use the transfer window to bring in loanees. Is that because he doesnt have the contacts or he felt the squad was good enough. The league position doesnt lie. Has he been leaving guys out because they are not staying and giving game time to guys who are but are not as good. Lewis Magee in central midfield ?? Come on. We have been fortunate this season that the worst Rovers and Berwick sides in a generation have been propping up the table. Based on some of the poor runs we have been on it could easily havd been us and might still be next year if the right man isnt in charge.

It is not easy for us to bring in loan players. We get offered players but these Clubs are looking for a contribution to wages that we can't do.  Also they demand that we play them. How can you build a team knowing you have to play someone knowing they can be crap and you have to keep playing them. You are also developing other teams players. Better to find your own players and have them for the season. 

Although we only got to see brief glimpses of Euan East, I thought he  showed a lot of skill, pace, good touch, and can hit the back of the net. He hasn't really been given the opportunity Mortimer, Moore, Hawke, Gow and even Peters has. Do think Ruth looks promising though.

That is fuckin pathetic  .Who the f**k do you think you are  ? . keen to get to the play offs ? holy f**k you are a genius  . Gaining extra revenue  ?  that's awful .  
Yes I'll accept being a genius while such a buffoon as you can't face the truth without resorting to profanity. Both Montrose and Brechin have bigger core support than Annan can dream of. As for Gretna....wherever they may be.

38 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:
18 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Yes I'll accept being a genius while such a buffoon as you can't face the truth without resorting to profanity. Both Montrose and Brechin have bigger core support than Annan can dream of. As for Gretna....wherever they may be.

TAF .