Notre Dame

I tried to emphasise just how big a deal this was to my girlfriend, I also made her think of Quasimodo as she didn't really see it as a significant or iconic place. She just didn't give a f**k.

How the furque do you manage to set France's major building on fire? You think they might have heard of the Glasgow School of Art fire. 

Did the authorities employ Mr de Reillee as builder or something? 

I went to Notre Dame years ago. There was an old bag with a rosary begging just outside the entrance by shouting at folk for money  so I told her in French I was a Proddy just to annoy her. I don't remember much about the place tbh, just that there was a sort of museum bit which had a relic of St Vincent in a glass case- an arm bone. Someone in the past had helpfully written "St Vincent" on it in red paint. 

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I managed to sell this to my girlfriend as a terrorist attack, will provide another update tomorrow when she gets home from work.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I tried to emphasise just how big a deal this was to my girlfriend, I also made her think of Quasimodo as she didn't really see it as a significant or iconic place. She just didn't give a f**k.

Women eh? What ur they like?

I explained to my girlfriend that this was like a massive designer handbag full of expensive shoes going on fire and she got the significance eventually, god bless her.

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

How the furque do you manage to set France's major building on fire? You think they might have heard of the Glasgow School of Art fire. 

"why do things catch fire"

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm quite sad really. I want our historic buildings to remain for 100s of years in the future. I'll be pissed off when the Archibald Leitch stand at Dens Park gets knocked down FFS, nevermind one of the greatest buildings in the world burning to the ground.

Tragic.

Dens park looks like it has burned down and the fans just get on with it.

A stunning amount of genuine “I was just there” posts kicking about on twitter etc.

Something like 13 million visitors every year, but YOU were the one who was JUST there in that exact location where something significant is happening. Mental. What are the chances, eh?

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Being reported the main structure has been saved, but most of the interior incinerated. Few priceless artefacts saved but many have perished.

The is genuinely tragic.

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 20:4