Notre Dame

Guest Moomintroll

Beyond the usual flippant responses, this is an utter tragedy for so many historical and architectural reasons. We have lost an iconic building & I am sick that I never made it to Paris to see it in the flesh, missed that chance forever.

Beyond the usual flippant responses, this is an utter tragedy for so many historical and architectural reasons. We have lost an iconic building & I am sick that I never made it to Paris to see it in the flesh, missed that chance forever.

One of the most visited and famous buildings on the planet and it’s likely going to be reduced to rubble. Glad to say I’ve been to Notre Dam a few years back and the place was spectacular.

I'm quite sad really. I want our historic buildings to remain for 100s of years in the future. I'll be pissed off when the Archibald Leitch stand at Dens Park gets knocked down FFS, nevermind one of the greatest buildings in the world burning to the ground.

Tragic.