Clyde v Berwick

A very comfortable win without really getting into our stride. The idea of having guys like Boyle, Banks and Cogill not playing and knowing that they could all come in is great too. There were some magnificent strikes from Cuddihy, Rankin and Goodwillie for their goals and as other have mentioned, it was nice having five different goal scorers. Berwick were an absolute rabble though and the game looked like two teams who could conceivably be two divisions apart soon. They had nothing up front (only improving slightly when See came on) and were so poorly unorganised - I (sadly) really can’t see them staying up.
I really do feel for our players who I believe should be heading into these last two games in pole position (I don’t believe for a minute we’d have lost at Elgin had we not had that news delivered) but that’s all could haves and should haves. We certainly have absolutely nothing to be fearful of in these play offs, not even Annan.

spot on Scott [emoji106]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, sydney said:

Regarding the highlighted point, apart from Rankin and Goodwillie, we have a pretty young inexperienced team. I think the difference is nothing to do with experience. It’s about ability. Lennon has recruited some good young players and has got the best out of those he inherited. 

I really hope Berwick survive. We’ve had some good games over the years (I’m thinking back to the 1970s here !) and I’d hate to see you drop out of the league. I really felt for the guys I saw with black and gold scarves today. Good luck ! 

Likewise, I saw a young Berwick fan and, I assume, his dad at half time and the young guy said to his dad, “I think this is the biggest 45 minutes in our history coming up”. They then went back to watch their team concede another four goals in absolutely gutless fashion. It’s possibly because I go to games with my dad and have been in such similar situations myself but I really felt for them.

A very comfortable win without really getting into our stride. The idea of having guys like Boyle, Banks and Cogill not playing and knowing that they could all come in is great too. There were some magnificent strikes from Cuddihy, Rankin and Goodwillie for their goals and as other have mentioned, it was nice having five different goal scorers. Berwick were an absolute rabble though and the game looked like two teams who could conceivably be two divisions apart soon. They had nothing up front (only improving slightly when See came on) and were so poorly unorganised - I (sadly) really can’t see them staying up.
I really do feel for our players who I believe should be heading into these last two games in pole position (I don’t believe for a minute we’d have lost at Elgin had we not had that news delivered) but that’s all could haves and should haves. We certainly have absolutely nothing to be fearful of in these play offs, not even Annan.

Think the final will be between you and Stenny. Stenny much improved from earlier in the season, big man McGuigan has really been excellent

Should be a good and close final

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think the final will be between you and Stenny. Stenny much improved from earlier in the season, big man McGuigan has really been excellent

Should be a good and close final

Yeh, Brechin seem to be in a really poor run of form so you’d think Stenny will finish above them. You’d expect them to beat Annan and us to beat Edinburgh (given recent form) but it’s a lottery at that stage. I’m shitting myself if truth be told ! 

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Likewise, I saw a young Berwick fan and, I assume, his dad at half time and the young guy said to his dad, “I think this is the biggest 45 minutes in our history coming up”. They then went back to watch their team concede another four goals in absolutely gutless fashion. It’s possibly because I go to games with my dad and have been in such similar situations myself but I really felt for them.

not this one? 

D0FE7F43-881F-430E-8621-43FFD749C8E9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Birthday caird pish.

Some nice play at times in a game where the gulf in quality was crystal clear to see. Clyde solid throughout and again different scorers must be pleasing for Danny. 

As for Berwick? Don't think Clyde were particularly at it in the first 45. I would presume the reason Harvey is still at the helm is due to a lack of money to replace/pay up his contract. However the team is so bad I don't know who could turn that today into something of substance.

On today's viewing I can't imagine Berwick hitting the ground running in the LL next season. £12 entry? Lolz

12 hours ago, sydney said:

Regarding the highlighted point, apart from Rankin and Goodwillie, we have a pretty young inexperienced team. I think the difference is nothing to do with experience. It’s about ability. Lennon has recruited some good young players and has got the best out of those he inherited. 

I really hope Berwick survive. We’ve had some good games over the years (I’m thinking back to the 1970s here !) and I’d hate to see you drop out of the league. I really felt for the guys I saw with black and gold scarves today. Good luck ! 

That's two more than us and emphasises my point. The league experience we had, Harvey either let go or they wanted away. I was impressed with you guys, you play some good football, Lennon was on his feet barking at his players, organising, kicking every ball, I think if you get through the play offs,  you'll do well next season, what a difference from Ferguson's sluggers 

Lennon and Moore are demanding more and more from this group. We have seen improvement in every single aspect of the game every 2-3 weeks. It’s so obvious that they work tirelessly on any part of our game that needs to improve.

I noticed today when Cuddihy (who was again great today) did well to clear the ball off the line, he then played an aimless ball up the park, I assume just to clear his lines. Allan Moore went mental at him for giving the ball away. We were I think 4 up at that point.

11 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Lennon and Moore are demanding more and more from this group. We have seen improvement in every single aspect of the game every 2-3 weeks. It’s so obvious that they work tirelessly on any part of our game that needs to improve.

I noticed today when Cuddihy (who was again great today) did well to clear the ball off the line, he then played an aimless ball up the park, I assume just to clear his lines. Allan Moore went mental at him for giving the ball away. We were I think 4 up at that point.

It was lamont, I think he wanted him to ping it up the wing for goodie to run onto 

If I were managing Berwick, I'd be starting Ouzy See. He might not be in great condition, but he's the only player I'd even entertain taking off you lot. He's got presence, he's strong. And purely by fact of being as big as he is, he stands a better chance of bagging a goal than your other options.

Great performance from us against resigned opponents.

26 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

If I were managing Berwick, I'd be starting Ouzy See. He might not be in great condition, but he's the only player I'd even entertain taking off you lot. He's got presence, he's strong. And purely by fact of being as big as he is, he stands a better chance of bagging a goal than your other options.

Great performance from us against resigned opponents.

The very handsome Ouzy was fit and raring to go, The young lad Rose can play but he is not a centre forward, JH has picked him 3 times in that role for reasons only he will know. 

It's blatantly obvious to everyone else bar Harvey what Ouzy brings to the team 

47 minutes ago, dougster said:

The very handsome Ouzy was fit and raring to go, The young lad Rose can play but he is not a centre forward, JH has picked him 3 times in that role for reasons only he will know. 

It's blatantly obvious to everyone else bar Harvey what Ouzy brings to the team 

Johnny getting a good kicking on here, but it's a bit unfair on him to have a go for not picking Ouzy. He hasn't played a full game for ages so has to be looked after, hopefully with a view to getting him up to speed for the play offs. 

Archived