Clyde v Berwick

Genuinely believe that we would be better off going into the last 2 games without a manager at all. Harvey sucks life from your soul and I'd just let the players sort out team selection from now on. 

Harvey is so gobmackingly bad, the notion that there is nobody available is irrelevant. 

Genuinely believe that we would be better off going into the last 2 games without a manager at all. Harvey sucks life from your soul and I'd just let the players sort out team selection from now on. 
Harvey is so gobmackingly bad, the notion that there is nobody available is irrelevant. 

This

Just a reminder to the board, we will have two enormous play off matches to play in May. If this tosspot is still at the wheel the Club is finished. The End. Goodbye. Sort it out you omnipotent shower and give him his cards. Tonight, in the car park, I don't care where just do it.

10 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Aye said it last week & I’ll say it again, never gonna win with that starting 11, he clearly has no idea what he’s doing, total shambles.  As you say players could do a better job themselves, walk please JH

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Guaranteed twelve points next season for Cowdenbeath if they do.:)

Maybe. However on current form they will not be in the league. Shocking run of scorelines. If JH is still in charge in the playoff then i'm afraid it seems inevitable that they will be replaced. Cowden were in better shape for our last two trapdoor ties and we only managed to scrape both ties. For Berwick to have a chance they need someone to galvanise the team to get some fight at least.

That was as easy it as comes. Some terrific goals too. We had a few gears to go through but 5-0 far from flattered us.

Berwick really are poor. That’s an understatement actually. Cowdenbeath survived by making themselves organised and sticking to basic football and playing to one or two players strengths. I honestly don’t know if any Berwick players have any strengths. They’re a rabble. Good luck in the playoffs. You’re going to need it I think.

Not too much to say about that game to be honest. We are just absolutely miles better than Berwick, who don't have a single player who would get onto our bench. Add in the fact they are completely unorganised, and a scoreline like that was always likely. Could have been more but 5-0 was probably about right. The human aspect makes you feel sorry for Harvey but there's no doubt that his team are much worse than the sides we played pre-Christmas.

There were great strikes from Cuddihy and Goodwillie for their goals. 100% effort throughout to not give Berwick a sniff bar one corner that was cleared off the line by Lamont. Some of Syvertsen's link-up play and sharp touches were excellent and I can only assume he had an injury when he went off right after the second goal.

Only +1GD behind Peterhead in the fictional table in my head now, making even a 5-0 stroll a case of what should have been.

MotM to Goodwillie/McStay's under armour:green

Aye said it last week & I’ll say it again, never gonna win with that starting 11, he clearly has no idea what he’s doing, total shambles.  As you say players could do a better job themselves, walk please JH

The number 7 that came off the bench looked *almost* decent - why was he on the bench?

Drinks breaks? In Scotland? In April? Maybe the Extinction Rebellion have a point.

What can you say that's not already been said. 3 times Rose has started up front on his own while 3 strikers sit on  bench. Total goals none, total shots er nada, total headers won er nyet, Why? I don't blame the lad, he's doing his best but he's not a centre forward. 

The game was  a carbon copy of Annan away except for the early Clyde  goal which was a cracker although was Goodwillie offside when he dummied the ball? Was that interfering with play. Sadly no VAR ?  Berwick huffed and puffed without creating any chances in the first half. Rose isolated, Barr wandering all over, even left back at one point. Goodwillie got booked for a 'dive' which wasn't, (wasn't a penalty either) but maybe his reputation for it got him booked.   We held it at 1-0 until the break

Our first  chance came early in the 2nd half when Rose managed to bring the ball down and laid it off to Blues who snatched at it with  his left foot and the chance was gone. Clyde scored again and it was effectively game over. Once again JH waited for us to go 3 down before using his subs and Adamson then See got on the pitch and guess what?  We had our first shot on target cleared off the line in the 60th minute or thereabouts. The game was gone by then and Goodwillie showed his class by shrugging off Cook, sidestepping Wilson and rifling another good goal into the net. We collapsed after that,  again

Clyde have experienced pros in there, we didn't and that was the difference in the end.

We are a shambles tactically but I think the players could save us given the right formation and some believe.

What I think JH needs to take responsibility for is

Tactics, This formation didn't work at Annan and it never worked today either

Training The guys do  not look fit enough or strong enough to last 90 minutes 

results, No wins 14 goals against us  in 3 games? C'mon, dress it up how you like that is shocking. I've seen us lose by more, yes I've seen some shocking Berwick sides over the years  but never a side that loses so many goals for fun while creating zero chances. never ever.

What he can't be held accountable for

1 The malaise of the club, I counted 4 directors there today The Chairman, Vice chairman,  Honorary president and George. Where were the others? 

and 2 Global Warming

As i say in my earlier rant, this is so sad, sad for all the Berwick fans, still 50 plus there today,  people who been fans for years, decades.  Our core support do not deserve this.

My earlier post I stand by, JH should go and go now.

When are Harvey’s post match interviews usually put up? I must admit I feel terrible for him and all Berwick fans. Yous are in a serious rut and a miracle will be required to stop yous going down.

Best of luck in the playoffs would like to see yous stay up

Not too much to say about that game to be honest. We are just absolutely miles better than Berwick, who don't have a single player who would get onto our bench. Add in the fact they are completely unorganised, and a scoreline like that was always likely. Could have been more but 5-0 was probably about right. The human aspect makes you feel sorry for Harvey but there's no doubt that his team are much worse than the sides we played pre-Christmas.
There were great strikes from Cuddihy and Goodwillie for their goals. 100% effort throughout to not give Berwick a sniff bar one corner that was cleared off the line by Lamont. Some of Syvertsen's link-up play and sharp touches were excellent and I can only assume he had an injury when he went off right after the second goal.
Only +1GD behind Peterhead in the fictional table in my head now, making even a 5-0 stroll a case of what should have been.
MotM to Goodwillie/McStay's under armour:green
Berwick looked really poor but Clyde especially second half looked like a team streets ahead
as for being equal on points and 1 goal difference in goals that should be redacted in all following posts might upset a few [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, dougster said:

Drinks breaks? In Scotland? In April? Maybe the Extinction Rebellion have a point.

What can you say that's not already been said. 3 times Rose has started up front on his own while 3 strikers sit on  bench. Total goals none, total shots er nada, total headers won er nyet, Why? I don't blame the lad, he's doing his best but he's not a centre forward. 

The game was  a carbon copy of Annan away except for the early Clyde  goal which was a cracker although was Goodwillie offside when he dummied the ball? Was that interfering with play. Sadly no VAR ?  Berwick huffed and puffed without creating any chances in the first half. Rose isolated, Barr wandering all over, even left back at one point. Goodwillie got booked for a 'dive' which wasn't, (wasn't a penalty either) but maybe his reputation for it got him booked.   We held it at 1-0 until the break

Our first  chance came early in the 2nd half when Rose managed to bring the ball down and laid it off to Blues who snatched at it with  his left foot and the chance was gone. Clyde scored again and it was effectively game over. Once again JH waited for us to go 3 down before using his subs and Adamson then See got on the pitch and guess what?  We had our first shot on target cleared off the line in the 60th minute or thereabouts. The game was gone by then and Goodwillie showed his class by shrugging off Cook, sidestepping Wilson and rifling another good goal into the net. We collapsed after that,  again

Clyde have experienced pros in there, we didn't and that was the difference in the end.

We are a shambles tactically but I think the players could save us given the right formation and some believe.

What I think JH needs to take responsibility for is

Tactics, This formation didn't work at Annan and it never worked today either

Training The guys do  not look fit enough or strong enough to last 90 minutes 

results, No wins 14 goals against us  in 3 games? C'mon, dress it up how you like that is shocking. I've seen us lose by more, yes I've seen some shocking Berwick sides over the years  but never a side that loses so many goals for fun while creating zero chances. never ever.

What he can't be held accountable for

1 The malaise of the club, I counted 4 directors there today The Chairman, Vice chairman,  Honorary president and George. Where were the others? 

and 2 Global Warming

As i say in my earlier rant, this is so sad, sad for all the Berwick fans, still 50 plus there today,  people who been fans for years, decades.  Our core support do not deserve this.

My earlier post I stand by, JH should go and go now.

Regarding the highlighted point, apart from Rankin and Goodwillie, we have a pretty young inexperienced team. I think the difference is nothing to do with experience. It’s about ability. Lennon has recruited some good young players and has got the best out of those he inherited. 

I really hope Berwick survive. We’ve had some good games over the years (I’m thinking back to the 1970s here !) and I’d hate to see you drop out of the league. I really felt for the guys I saw with black and gold scarves today. Good luck ! 

A very comfortable win without really getting into our stride. The idea of having guys like Boyle, Banks and Cogill not playing and knowing that they could all come in is great too. There were some magnificent strikes from Cuddihy, Rankin and Goodwillie for their goals and as other have mentioned, it was nice having five different goal scorers. Berwick were an absolute rabble though and the game looked like two teams who could conceivably be two divisions apart soon. They had nothing up front (only improving slightly when See came on) and were so poorly unorganised - I (sadly) really can’t see them staying up.

I really do feel for our players who I believe should be heading into these last two games in pole position (I don’t believe for a minute we’d have lost at Elgin had we not had that news delivered) but that’s all could haves and should haves. We certainly have absolutely nothing to be fearful of in these play offs, not even Annan.