Clyde v Berwick

54 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Took me a little while to pluck up the courage to watch this. Dear me, will you just look at the space we give the opposition. Schoolboy stuff

I'm off to throw up. 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Johnny getting a good kicking on here, but it's a bit unfair on him to have a go for not picking Ouzy. He hasn't played a full game for ages so has to be looked after, hopefully with a view to getting him up to speed for the play offs. 

Sorry I have to disagree Stu, he wants and needs game time, why not play him for 60mins and then take him off? 

18 hours ago, dougster said:

Drinks breaks? In Scotland? In April? Maybe the Extinction Rebellion have a point.

What can you say that's not already been said. 3 times Rose has started up front on his own while 3 strikers sit on  bench. Total goals none, total shots er nada, total headers won er nyet, Why? I don't blame the lad, he's doing his best but he's not a centre forward. 

The game was  a carbon copy of Annan away except for the early Clyde  goal which was a cracker although was Goodwillie offside when he dummied the ball? Was that interfering with play. Sadly no VAR ?  Berwick huffed and puffed without creating any chances in the first half. Rose isolated, Barr wandering all over, even left back at one point. Goodwillie got booked for a 'dive' which wasn't, (wasn't a penalty either) but maybe his reputation for it got him booked.   We held it at 1-0 until the break

Our first  chance came early in the 2nd half when Rose managed to bring the ball down and laid it off to Blues who snatched at it with  his left foot and the chance was gone. Clyde scored again and it was effectively game over. Once again JH waited for us to go 3 down before using his subs and Adamson then See got on the pitch and guess what?  We had our first shot on target cleared off the line in the 60th minute or thereabouts. The game was gone by then and Goodwillie showed his class by shrugging off Cook, sidestepping Wilson and rifling another good goal into the net. We collapsed after that,  again

Clyde have experienced pros in there, we didn't and that was the difference in the end.

We are a shambles tactically but I think the players could save us given the right formation and some believe.

What I think JH needs to take responsibility for is

Tactics, This formation didn't work at Annan and it never worked today either

Training The guys do  not look fit enough or strong enough to last 90 minutes 

results, No wins 14 goals against us  in 3 games? C'mon, dress it up how you like that is shocking. I've seen us lose by more, yes I've seen some shocking Berwick sides over the years  but never a side that loses so many goals for fun while creating zero chances. never ever.

What he can't be held accountable for

1 The malaise of the club, I counted 4 directors there today The Chairman, Vice chairman,  Honorary president and George. Where were the others? 

and 2 Global Warming

As i say in my earlier rant, this is so sad, sad for all the Berwick fans, still 50 plus there today,  people who been fans for years, decades.  Our core support do not deserve this.

My earlier post I stand by, JH should go and go now.

What was the beef yesterday with JH and a drinks break?

5 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

I agree, yet would make an exception for QP. Would love to watch them go down

wait a minute.....................I thought we were an irrelevance to Clyde fans............f*cking make your minds up

I think the warmest i've ever felt it was an early season game in the long hot summer of 2011, sure it was Peterhead. Saturday was nothing compared to that, iirc. 

Good to see our team strive to keep its momentum going, but in truth it was a training session after an hour, and Berwick look finished. I take no pleasure from that, to be fully honest when we were in that situ, we deserved the pelters and ill-will we got because we dish out enough of our own. We haven't changed this tack with those who deserve it, just because we're doing fine now.

Perhaps there's a moral in that, as BR don't even seem to possess any expectations. "It's aw comin' oot noo" is a fairly apt phrase reading their club thread, but tbh it looks like their horse has already bolted, and what their fans will be left arguing over will be a shadow of what they once were, from an interested observer's point of view. Maliase looks to cover it correctly.

The threat of the trapdoor, in five seasons, has given Montrose, Edinburgh City and even ourselves and less so Cowden a degree of purpose (ie, not to finish anywhere fuckin near the bottom), and naturally we can't all survive it. Best of luck, especially if up against EK. 

wait a minute.....................I thought we were an irrelevance to Clyde fans............f*cking make your minds up

An irrelevance can still be a nuisance. Like shite on ur shoe, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but still fuckin honkin

8 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Have to disagree. Choke to be playing them regularly again. Some rivalries are good fun. QP, on the other hand, are a nothing club with no fans

My own personal virulent, pathalogical hatred of Danny La Roux FC, is totally different from the irritance of being gubbed for nine years by the Cathcart Foreskins. That, in time, can be and has been slowly addressed (just the one loss this season...) and the overall natural order in this has been restored in the last year and a half. We'd have replaced them last year in L1 had Danny been hired for those October Stirling and Stenny draws, which effectively cost our playoff spot.

No. I understand and agree that QP serve a purpose all of their own, remaining loosely "amateur" under increasing bureacracy (min wage requirements, contractual matters etc), preserving their own history and club culture. I'd like to think of them as Glasgow's fourth club every bit as much as they do. 

No. No. How can something exist, just to provide an "alternative", or an "opposite", of other factors, while remaining so hopelessly unsuccessful despite being based near the centre of a city the size of Glasgow, a modern-day cosmopolitan hotbed of multiculturalism and tolerance, the two only obvious upheld virtues they have as a club? Even the ultra-liberals (and Glesgae has fucking thousands of these) must know PTFC are full of shit. Following that mob, in my view, is exactly the same politically-aware statement as that of any OF degenerate.

Wishing PTFC to go down the plug altogether is an entirely rational act.