Clyde v Berwick

35 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Too late.

Whether that applies to firing the manger or avoiding relegation is up to you.

What I can tell you is that there is no sense in firing him directly after the Clyde game - we were never going to pick up a result at Broadwood.

He's got to go NOW!

Whatever he says or does at half time it seems to make things much worse. Stirling we were on top and 0-0, and lost 1-0, and it could easily have been 3 or 4; Annan 0-0 then lost 6-0; today 1-0 down then we lose 5-0. He gets Cowden's third choice keeper on loan, then plays him ahead of Brennan. They go 1-0 down and the players start bickering among themselves. I said to my pal at HT, now there'll be a JH team talk and we'll lose 5-0.

We need something different, someone who can at least try bring the players together in the next two games so that we get some semblance of organisation, some team spirit and look like a team going into the play-offs.

Edited by Alpha Gordini

That'll hopefully put the "poor Berwick Rangers getting shafted by the SFA" nonsense to bed. Absolutely awful side and I'd fancy Cove/EK to take care of them in the play offs. 

A refreshing change from the high drama we've had the last two home games. Some cracking finishes from 5 different scorers as well which was good to see. What a team. 

Stroll in the park for Clyde. To win 5-0 without having to get out first gear shows how poor Berwick are. Nice to see Cuddihy finally get a goal has been long overdue. We were poor in the first half apart from the goal. Second half and Berwick collapsed after we scored the 2nd was a case of how many after that.

Looked like Harvey was keeping the whole Berwick team out on the pitch at full time. Wonder what that was about? His post match interview should be fun.

That'll hopefully put the "poor Berwick Rangers getting shafted by the SFA" nonsense to bed. Absolutely awful side and I'd fancy Cove/EK to take care of them in the play offs. 
A refreshing change from the high drama we've had the last two home games. Some cracking finishes from 5 different scorers as well which was good to see. What a team. 
it's good that it looks like the 3 points from our "unfortunate oversight " isn't going to cost Berwick in the end run (even if it did it's over 36 games )
good professional performance some smashing finishes
Berwick look bang in trouble got the east Stirling look about them it's about trying to summon up two performances in the play offs for Berwick
For us it's about momentum going into the play offs

If anyone tries to defend Harvey tonight can I just say you are ducking deluded. 14 goals against  0 for in 3 games! 

If he has any self respect he should resign 

if the board have any left, they should sack him 

I’m not angry I’m just deeply deeply saddened by this 

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Hopes;

• Osadolar picks up a one-game suspension v. EC
  • Clyde sticks just two goals past us
  • We remain injury- and suspension-free
  • Johnny is semi-coherent in the interview afterwards
  • For Clyde's sake, Elgin come back from holiday and give Peterhead a run for their money

Expectations;

• Rovers get something from the EC game, barrels of motivation for next week if not points
  • Clyde stick at least three goals past us
  • The post-match interview is used to test how many variations of 'It's not my fault' can be fit in a six minute timespan
  • Our travelling support will be well-behaved
  • Elgin get battered, cocktail and sunscreen in hand

Still tho, cahm ahn ya Berrick boys! I know the squad will put in the fight and effort required!

So to the surprise of exactly no one, all my relevant expectations came true - with only Elgin throwing a spanner in the works. I don't even need to wait for the interview to say as much.

Best of luck to Clyde, good bunch of fans and overdue a promotion. Something tells me we won't meet next season, but then that can be interpreted in more than one way.

Edited by DutchBorderer

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Stroll in the park for Clyde. To win 5-0 without having to get out first gear shows how poor Berwick are. Nice to see Cuddihy finally get a goal has been long overdue. We were poor in the first half apart from the goal. Second half and Berwick collapsed after we scored the 2nd was a case of how many after that.

Looked like Harvey was keeping the whole Berwick team out on the pitch at full time. Wonder what that was about? His post match interview should be fun.

Maybe he thought the full time whistle was another water break?

Shock news. Berwick slump to massive defeat, Albion Rovers battle to a great win. 

Rovers have a goal difference of minus 40, but don't have to worry because it can only be turned round by them losing to us 10-0.

Always amuses me that opposition teams think that they may have a bad day and lose to us. They have no idea how unutterably crap we have become (until kick-off). 

This is by some distance the worst Berwick Rangers team ever. And by a much greater distance, the worst manager we have ever had. 

What an absolute embarrassment we have become. 

25 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Hopefully he was saying his goodbyes and wishing the boys good luck in the play-offs!

Berwick are worse than Albion were at the start of the season, a lot worse. 

Only tactic was a punt to the striker who had nobody within 40 yards of him. I’d strongly fancy cove or EK to beat them. 

For us, was good to put in 5 goals with different scorers. We were definitely 5 goals at least better than Berwick. Shame about the Peterhead result but plenty of momentum for a play off regardless.