Clyde v Berwick

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

It is normally very good at match updates, turning notifications on for it if on a mobile (for the match at least) means you should be kept nice and up to date!

Glad to know - I zoned out for twenty minutes in our second half versus Annan two weeks ago when the score was 0-0, came back to 6-0. Going to be an interesting afternoon at Broadwood if nothing else.

Best of luck to Clyde, hope you lot manage to catch Peterhead.
Lots of sour grapes on our side if we finish 10th by a margin of 3 or fewer points, but then I expect it will be more than that come the final day of the season. It's us being gash that will do us in, not Clyde's staff making a mistake. I hope the offending individuals in question have been forgiven and remain with the club.
2-0 will do, not close enough to feel like we missed out, not too big a margin to drive morale even deeper into the ground.

Fair play. Hope we beat yous on Saturday but yous still manage to fend off whoever yous face from the highland/lowland league. Don’t fancy any big money clubs coming up

Is Clyde's Twitter account decent at live-tweeting matches? This geographically-challenged fan fancies reading along for old time's sake (considering our Twitter has gone pretty silent since Johnny Harvey was asked to take his face for a shite).

Our twitter is decent but the OneFootball app is also class and probably a bit more descriptive of chances, as well as being more frequently updated (usually every 2/3 mins)

7 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Our twitter is decent but the OneFootball app is also class and probably a bit more descriptive of chances, as well as being more frequently updated (usually every 2/3 mins)

Sounds good, might give that a shot!

Edited by DutchBorderer

Has the Berwick Manager chucked it or been sacked? No idea what to expect on Saturday as games against Berwick have been eventful this season so to speak. 

Whilst we do have a Goal Difference to make out, we have to go into the game simply to win, whether that's 1-0 or 5-0. Keep the pressure on McNally and his Bottle bank...

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Has the Berwick Manager chucked it or been sacked?

Will take an extinction-level event for Harvey to go at this point, it seems. I think most of us (BRFC supporters) are beyond bickering about it - Harvey is in charge, we back the team and pray so hard we wouldn't look out of place in the local cult.

17 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Will take an extinction-level event for Harvey to go at this point, it seems. I think most of us (BRFC supporters) are beyond bickering about it - Harvey is in charge, we back the team and pray so hard we wouldn't look out of place in the local cult.

Was a strange appointment to begin with,  if it's the choice between Cove and EK then I honestly hope Berwick / Albion stay up!

Hearing Chairman elect sent some supporters an invite for them to hold a meeting with he of high self esteem tonight. This is surely a made up rumour? What on earth would it achieve? Harvey would sit and tell everyone how hard he’s working and how wonderful he is and how the team can do this if the fans get behind them because it has worked so well recently.

Brilliant; and latterly, regrettably accurate [emoji24] I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that I can go to Broadwood on Saturday. Still, forecast is for warm weather, so just one layer of thermals required. 0-1 🖤[emoji169]

Clyde are in great form, still have a shout for top spot and will be further geed up by their appeal  being dismissed at Jurassic Park HQ.

There are some bookies offering 22-1 against a Berwick win, so Johnny Harvey really has a free hand this Saturday to  experiment with any formation changes he thinks might work. In a way (because everyone expects a thrashing) it is a chance for Johnny and the team to show that the Peterhead game wasn't a fluke. 

Hope See and Brydon aren't risked for more than 20 minutes and Orru gets some game time too. 

Desperately hoping that Edinburgh City rouse themselves out of their slump at Albion, as heading into next week 5 points down rather than 2 is a bit of a difference. 

can't see us not winning this with our form and players attitude , should be a reasonably healthily crowd and atmosphere, probably a few exiles coming home for Easter to boost numbers If the league was done then there might be a chance we would switch off . For Berwick well they can look and say we have scored 5 against Clyde in 3 games . For the Berwick fans there is always a chance we have an off day and you sneak one so nothing in Foot ball is certain

an early goal here could end up 4 or 5

21 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Dear me, I’m all for local rivalries etc but wishing any club to go bust is a horrible shout!

Grow up!

Spot on mate. Tried to ignore it as this is a match thread. For a club that's spent it's entire history hanging by a thread financially it's really poor. Even when having a good season some Clyde fans just can't resist being the dregs.

Over and out.

12 hours ago, Redcar said:

There are some bookies offering 22-1 against a Berwick win, so Johnny Harvey really has a free hand this Saturday to  experiment with any formation changes he thinks might work. In a way (because everyone expects a thrashing) it is a chance for Johnny and the team to show that the Peterhead game wasn't a fluke. 

Hope See and Brydon aren't risked for more than 20 minutes and Orru gets some game time too. 

I think this is the problem, we are experimenting every week with different formations and players. Football is a simple game. defend well, score goals, if you are changing the side every week, trying untried players upfront, playing a different defence every week, no wonder we are getting tanked, That's why i don't blame the players. lets have a a solid 442 or 4411 players in the position they know, defend deep if we have to but pace up front (Adamson off See) and tell Barr to play to his position not go wandering, we might just get something.

ps is Forbes back from his stag do, sorry I mean suspension?  

23 minutes ago, dougster said:

I think this is the problem, we are experimenting every week with different formations and players. Football is a simple game. defend well, score goals, if you are changing the side every week, trying untried players upfront, playing a different defence every week, no wonder we are getting tanked, That's why i don't blame the players. lets have a a solid 442 or 4411 players in the position they know, defend deep if we have to but pace up front (Adamson off See) and tell Barr to play to his position not go wandering, we might just get something.

ps is Forbes back from his stag do, sorry I mean suspension?  

Yeah, I would normally agree about getting a settled side and formation, but like you say it never happens.

And in this match it is more important to find something that we can take into the last 2 crucial games which are much more winnable. Fair comment to say that we should play the team that is likely to start the Albion game to get a smidge of consistency, but then again.... also important to protect anyone with a niggling injury or anyone (Barr for instance) who is 1 booking from a suspension. 

To be honest, I expect absolutely nowt on Saturday, so just a decent performance and a bit of fight would be encouraging. 

As for Forbes, the SFA disciplinary list doesn't show him suspended at all. Not even last week. (But I suppose we know how diligent that shower are). 

Well, the big day has arrived. All we can do is hope that the sun shines on our players and they play well enough to restore some pride in our team and in our very special and historic town.

All I can do is sit by my laptop and watch the commentary, biting what's left of my nails.

I suppose this is what football is all about, the tension, the drama, the politics and sometimes the joy of success.

Best of luck to everyone connected with our club and here's hoping for a glorious afternoon and some good news at the end of the game.

Go Go Berwick Rangers! Ninja-Steel-Yellow-Ranger.png