Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Lola montez

Livy Lions v Paisley Pandas 20/04/19

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say :lol: Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 

We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans :lol:

Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.

I thought it was one of Collum's better games yesterday. 

We've got to be hopeful of catching Hamilton. With home advantage in the penultimate game against the Accies, it's still very much in our own hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thelurker said:

Also noticed Erhahon  doesn't track his man for Livi's goal, which creates (havoc) a free man and the goal.  Contrast this with Flynn who tracked his man all the way back, allowing him to make a goal saving clearance. 

Having said that, Ernahon is young and still learning, mistakes will happen. Hopefully they can be learned from, and it didn't cost the game. Also some really nice interchanges of play, granted with an extra man.

The goal was a good passage of play by Livi, although I did think that it was a bit too easy from our point of view. Overall I thought Erhahon had a decent game though.

Hardie was very isolated but still dangerous, at one point in the second half a long ball was played to Hardie that looked like it was going to leave him one on one with Erhahon. Erhahon read it superbly and was really composed, taking a great touch which cut Hardie out and kept possession.

He's definitely still learning and will make mistakes but the boy is a player and is continuing to improve. How many other 17 year olds are holding down a regular spot in the top flight, admittedly at a team which has been struggling but even still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 15:19, Cptn Hooch said:

That'll be getting appealed....Halkett takes the ball cleanly and gets sent off....SFA w**k w**k w**k

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 15:21, LiviLion said:

Excellent challenge by Halkett - red card

Still conceding a minute later. St Mirren :lol:

8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

The goal was a good passage of play by Livi, although I did think that it was a bit too easy from our point of view. Overall I thought Erhahon had a decent game though.

Hardie was very isolated but still dangerous, at one point in the second half a long ball was played to Hardie that looked like it was going to leave him one on one with Erhahon. Erhahon read it superbly and was really composed, taking a great touch which cut Hardie out and kept possession.

He's definitely still learning and will make mistakes but the boy is a player and is continuing to improve. How many other 17 year olds are holding down a regular spot in the top flight, admittedly at a team which has been struggling but even still.

I like Erhahon, and think he's got a future in the game.  But it's not going to be as a wing back.

Time and again when the ball gets to him in forward positions the move breaks down, either with us stopping and passing back, or a cross getting blocked.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence to make forward runs either.  Several time you could see Flynn with the ball and hoping Ethan would make a diagonal run across the full back rather than hugging the touch line.

If Hodson is fit again I'd start him at left wing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say  Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 
We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans 
Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.
Mullen did cup his hand to his ear towards the Livi fans walking back from his celebration and wee Willie had a word I think. Also for the 3rd you can make out him doing the same just as Jackson turns around and heads to the Saints fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I like Erhahon, and think he's got a future in the game.  But it's not going to be as a wing back.

Time and again when the ball gets to him in forward positions the move breaks down, either with us stopping and passing back, or a cross getting blocked.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence to make forward runs either.  Several time you could see Flynn with the ball and hoping Ethan would make a diagonal run across the full back rather than hugging the touch line.

If Hodson is fit again I'd start him at left wing back.

Start Muzek as wing back! He was excellent v Dundee when Ethan had been suspended.

Ethan has a future but at the moment he is a liability. He never tracked his man (again) and cost us the first goal on Saturday. He was guilty of not tracking back so  many times at Perth recently that I was glad he got suspended for the next two games. He has no confidence when he crosses the half way line and offers nothing on the left and his tracking back is horrendous. And he was nearly sent off for a tackle that wasn't necessary. At Hamilton two weeks ago he footered about at the half way line in the 93min loosing the ball which was launched into our penalty box causing Hladky to make a marvellous double save to keep us a point. Ethan is never a wing back. Give the boy a break and bring him in slowly to midfield and coach him to mark a runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, madball said:
19 hours ago, LiviLion said:
Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say emoji38.png Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 
We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans emoji38.png
Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.

Mullen did cup his hand to his ear towards the Livi fans walking back from his celebration and wee Willie had a word I think. Also for the 3rd you can make out him doing the same just as Jackson turns around and heads to the Saints fans

Didn't notice tbh, not surprised either. Hate it when our fans give players stick, usually guarantees they play a blinder :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Start Muzek as wing back! He was excellent v Dundee when Ethan had been suspended.

Ethan has a future but at the moment he is a liability. He never tracked his man (again) and cost us the first goal on Saturday. He was guilty of not tracking back so  many times at Perth recently that I was glad he got suspended for the next two games. He has no confidence when he crosses the half way line and offers nothing on the left and his tracking back is horrendous. And he was nearly sent off for a tackle that wasn't necessary. At Hamilton two weeks ago he footered about at the half way line in the 93min loosing the ball which was launched into our penalty box causing Hladky to make a marvellous double save to keep us a point. Ethan is never a wing back. Give the boy a break and bring him in slowly to midfield and coach him to mark a runner.

I think you are being a bit harsh. I think after Saturday as well we will be starting Muzak as the third CB again, as McKenzie's lack of mobility was shown up a bit by Hardie. I think he was in there to defend the set piece, but the sending off pretty much killed that off as an issue. I reckon Erhahon will start the rest of the season on the left unless Oran decides to do something different and stick one of the other midfielders out there, probably Magennis if anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GAD said:

I think you are being a bit harsh. I think after Saturday as well we will be starting Muzak as the third CB again, as McKenzie's lack of mobility was shown up a bit by Hardie. I think he was in there to defend the set piece, but the sending off pretty much killed that off as an issue. I reckon Erhahon will start the rest of the season on the left unless Oran decides to do something different and stick one of the other midfielders out there, probably Magennis if anyone.

I don't. Erhahon might be a really good player for us but he's struggling badly at the moment in that position and he's better in midfield. 

Hamilton game he was really unwilling to go forward and and wasteful in possession. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×