Livy Lions v Paisley Pandas 20/04/19

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say :lol: Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 

We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans :lol:

Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.

I thought it was one of Collum's better games yesterday. 

We've got to be hopeful of catching Hamilton. With home advantage in the penultimate game against the Accies, it's still very much in our own hands. 

11 hours ago, thelurker said:

Also noticed Erhahon  doesn't track his man for Livi's goal, which creates (havoc) a free man and the goal.  Contrast this with Flynn who tracked his man all the way back, allowing him to make a goal saving clearance. 

Having said that, Ernahon is young and still learning, mistakes will happen. Hopefully they can be learned from, and it didn't cost the game. Also some really nice interchanges of play, granted with an extra man.

The goal was a good passage of play by Livi, although I did think that it was a bit too easy from our point of view. Overall I thought Erhahon had a decent game though.

Hardie was very isolated but still dangerous, at one point in the second half a long ball was played to Hardie that looked like it was going to leave him one on one with Erhahon. Erhahon read it superbly and was really composed, taking a great touch which cut Hardie out and kept possession.

He's definitely still learning and will make mistakes but the boy is a player and is continuing to improve. How many other 17 year olds are holding down a regular spot in the top flight, admittedly at a team which has been struggling but even still.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

The goal was a good passage of play by Livi, although I did think that it was a bit too easy from our point of view. Overall I thought Erhahon had a decent game though.

Hardie was very isolated but still dangerous, at one point in the second half a long ball was played to Hardie that looked like it was going to leave him one on one with Erhahon. Erhahon read it superbly and was really composed, taking a great touch which cut Hardie out and kept possession.

He's definitely still learning and will make mistakes but the boy is a player and is continuing to improve. How many other 17 year olds are holding down a regular spot in the top flight, admittedly at a team which has been struggling but even still.

I like Erhahon, and think he's got a future in the game.  But it's not going to be as a wing back.

Time and again when the ball gets to him in forward positions the move breaks down, either with us stopping and passing back, or a cross getting blocked.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence to make forward runs either.  Several time you could see Flynn with the ball and hoping Ethan would make a diagonal run across the full back rather than hugging the touch line.

If Hodson is fit again I'd start him at left wing back.

Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say [emoji38] Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 
We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans [emoji38]
Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.
Mullen did cup his hand to his ear towards the Livi fans walking back from his celebration and wee Willie had a word I think. Also for the 3rd you can make out him doing the same just as Jackson turns around and heads to the Saints fans

6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I like Erhahon, and think he's got a future in the game.  But it's not going to be as a wing back.

Time and again when the ball gets to him in forward positions the move breaks down, either with us stopping and passing back, or a cross getting blocked.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence to make forward runs either.  Several time you could see Flynn with the ball and hoping Ethan would make a diagonal run across the full back rather than hugging the touch line.

Start Muzek as wing back! He was excellent v Dundee when Ethan had been suspended.

Ethan has a future but at the moment he is a liability. He never tracked his man (again) and cost us the first goal on Saturday. He was guilty of not tracking back so  many times at Perth recently that I was glad he got suspended for the next two games. He has no confidence when he crosses the half way line and offers nothing on the left and his tracking back is horrendous. And he was nearly sent off for a tackle that wasn't necessary. At Hamilton two weeks ago he footered about at the half way line in the 93min loosing the ball which was launched into our penalty box causing Hladky to make a marvellous double save to keep us a point. Ethan is never a wing back. Give the boy a break and bring him in slowly to midfield and coach him to mark a runner.

51 minutes ago, madball said:
19 hours ago, LiviLion said:
Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say emoji38.png Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 
We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans emoji38.png

Mullen did cup his hand to his ear towards the Livi fans walking back from his celebration and wee Willie had a word I think. Also for the 3rd you can make out him doing the same just as Jackson turns around and heads to the Saints fans

Didn't notice tbh, not surprised either. Hate it when our fans give players stick, usually guarantees they play a blinder :lol:

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Start Muzek as wing back! He was excellent v Dundee when Ethan had been suspended.

Ethan has a future but at the moment he is a liability. He never tracked his man (again) and cost us the first goal on Saturday. He was guilty of not tracking back so  many times at Perth recently that I was glad he got suspended for the next two games. He has no confidence when he crosses the half way line and offers nothing on the left and his tracking back is horrendous. And he was nearly sent off for a tackle that wasn't necessary. At Hamilton two weeks ago he footered about at the half way line in the 93min loosing the ball which was launched into our penalty box causing Hladky to make a marvellous double save to keep us a point. Ethan is never a wing back. Give the boy a break and bring him in slowly to midfield and coach him to mark a runner.

I think you are being a bit harsh. I think after Saturday as well we will be starting Muzak as the third CB again, as McKenzie's lack of mobility was shown up a bit by Hardie. I think he was in there to defend the set piece, but the sending off pretty much killed that off as an issue. I reckon Erhahon will start the rest of the season on the left unless Oran decides to do something different and stick one of the other midfielders out there, probably Magennis if anyone.

6 hours ago, GAD said:

I think you are being a bit harsh. I think after Saturday as well we will be starting Muzak as the third CB again, as McKenzie's lack of mobility was shown up a bit by Hardie. I think he was in there to defend the set piece, but the sending off pretty much killed that off as an issue. I reckon Erhahon will start the rest of the season on the left unless Oran decides to do something different and stick one of the other midfielders out there, probably Magennis if anyone.

I don't. Erhahon might be a really good player for us but he's struggling badly at the moment in that position and he's better in midfield. 

Hamilton game he was really unwilling to go forward and and wasteful in possession. 

21 hours ago, GAD said:

Not wanting to get on the lad's back, but I think we're going to be missing a trick if we stick with him as the left wing back.

Personally I think his tracking back is normally okay, and he can put in a solid tackle, but it's going forward where we are suffering at the moment.

See the three posts below (admittedly, one of them is mine :lol:)

On 22/04/2019 at 11:38, Bobby_F said:

21 hours ago, NorthBank said:

14 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I don't. Erhahon might be a really good player for us but he's struggling badly at the moment in that position and he's better in midfield. 

Hamilton game he was really unwilling to go forward and and wasteful in possession

Attendance on official Livi site was 2,347 and Daily Record says "Close to 1,500 visiting supporters ventured to Livingston" - surely there wasn't twice as many St. Mirren supporters as Livi?? 

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Attendance on official Livi site was 2,347 and Daily Record says "Close to 1,500 visiting supporters ventured to Livingston" - surely there wasn't twice as many St. Mirren supporters as Livi?? 

We sold 850 on Friday and id say another 500 or so paid on day (myself and son included) .

Edited by Paul Cicero

There was a blog a few weeks/months back which had details of all the Premiership club's accounts for the 2017/18 season, profit/loss and that sort of thing. It was well written and I'm assuming was based on data from Companies House so was using the actual figures rather than guesstimates.
It claimed we had £700k from player sales and Morgan was the only one sold during the financial year (not sure when the Mallan cash would have kicked in). I found it pretty hard to believe that we got £700k for a player with six months on his contract!
Money for McGinn?

7 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
On 16/04/2019 at 19:10, Stu said:
There was a blog a few weeks/months back which had details of all the Premiership club's accounts for the 2017/18 season, profit/loss and that sort of thing. It was well written and I'm assuming was based on data from Companies House so was using the actual figures rather than guesstimates.
It claimed we had £700k from player sales and Morgan was the only one sold during the financial year (not sure when the Mallan cash would have kicked in). I found it pretty hard to believe that we got £700k for a player with six months on his contract!

Money for McGinn?

Wondered about that but think he was sold after our accounts would be done. The club's financial year ends at the end of May and he was sold after the season started (I think).

Wondered about that but think he was sold after our accounts would be done. The club's financial year ends at the end of May and he was sold after the season started (I think).

How can the club have a different financial year to the rest of the corporate world?

EDIT: disregard. A cursory Google would have been my friend. I've only ever worked for companies that use the tax year so in my ignorance thought it was standard.