Livy Lions v Paisley Pandas 20/04/19

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He's certainly a handful. Baird and Popescu would have been black and blue had they been up against him for 90mins. At one point I think he held off two defenders just with his arse.

Is he much of a player or more of a human wrecking ball?

He's all strength and all speed with no composure. Can beat a man though and will shoot from about anywhere

17 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Fair play to Oran Kearney, the subs were the difference to today. We huffed and puffed in the first half but other than the goal didn't threaten. I actually thought despite us having a lot more of the ball in the first half Livingston were more dangerous. Flynn's saving tackle was a massive moment.

Second half we were better and created a few chances. Some strike by Mullen too. McAllister was good, he's hot and cold, but today he just seemed to drift past players. Great to see Magennis back.

Agree with this summary. You huffed and puffed in the first half and we ran out of steam in the second. I forgot about that saving tackle on Pittman. I was impressed with your right back even outwith the goal.

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's all strength and all speed with no composure. Can beat a man though and will shoot from about anywhere

All the attributes of a total cult hero then. Good player to have coming off the bench. The only other time I think I've seen him this season was against Rangers when you won and he caused them all sorts of problems.

We've been saying for months how different our prospects would be with a fit Magennis in the side and today showed it. Came on at 1-1, pulled a good stop out of the keeper at a point where we had plenty of territory and little to show in terms of actual shots and then set up the 2nd goal... All within 5 minutes of being on the park. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

All the attributes of a total cult hero then. Good player to have coming off the bench. The only other time I think I've seen him this season was against Rangers when you won and he caused them all sorts of problems.

We’ve got Lyndon Dykes coming in. He sounds like a similar player to Menga although maybe better at link-up. I’ll be surprised if they both play.

Redemption for Simeon Jackson?
To be fair 99% of the fans have been behind him since that penalty. Some morons booed when he came on the game after but on the whole he has been backed.

Will do him the world of good to get a goal, its been a while.

Felt sorry for him because he has worked his bollocks off up front for most of the season without support, he misses that pen and gets benched then we start playing 2 up front.

He has a great reputation, and as a young Scottish lad I hope he prospers, but what is thinking on Liam Kelly?

That's the last 2 games against us I feel he hasn't covered himself in glory. Two spills (for Flynn and Simeon) and then then the near post for McGinn. Very similar for the Mallan goal as well.

He just going through a rough patch?

Disappointing result but tough afternoon with 10 men for so long....I thought Halkett got a touch on the ball but going by the laws of the game it was still probably a foul and a yellow card as he’s came through the back of Mullen, not a red as Lithgow is covering BUT I’ve not seen it back yet so if that’s not correct I’ll happily admit that, the thing that annoys me most about referees is they give themselves no thinking time, Collum couldn’t wait to get the red card out his pocket. 

Overall St Mirren deserved to win, kept the ball well and played the game correctly against our 10 men by allowing the ball to do the work. 

Fantastic goal by us, and Mullen’s goal was a great finish, always said he’s the type of player that’ll miss easy chances as he has time to think about them but don’t give him time and he’ll score goals, I don’t really get the stick he gets from our fans either, he was a great servant to us through some tough spells in the clubs history, and it’s my understanding that it was a mutual thing him leaving. 

Anyway Dundee closer to the drop, Falkirk heading for the seaside leagues, us staying up, what a season :thumsup2

He has a great reputation, and as a young Scottish lad I hope he prospers, but what is thinking on Liam Kelly?
That's the last 2 games against us I feel he hasn't covered himself in glory. Two spills (for Flynn and Simeon) and then then the near post for McGinn. Very similar for the Mallan goal as well.
Overall, he's had a great season for us. Capable of pulling off fantastic saves, good at communicating with the rest of the team and normally a commanding presence in the box. However, he is error prone and his kicking is inconsistent. He earned us a point at Parkhead with his performance so not going to condemn him for his mistakes yesterday. Still very young for a keeper so there's every chance he'll continue to improve and be in the reckoning for further Scotland call ups down the line.

20 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Overall, he's had a great season for us. Capable of pulling off fantastic saves, good at communicating with the rest of the team and normally a commanding presence in the box. However, he is error prone and his kicking is inconsistent. He earned us a point at Parkhead with his performance so not going to condemn him for his mistakes yesterday. Still very young for a keeper so there's every chance he'll continue to improve and be in the reckoning for further Scotland call ups down the line.

My extended family know him and his family quite well and he's always been talked about as having a great chance. Will be good to see his older brother back in the top division next season as well.

32 minutes ago, AMBER MACHINE said:

Poor result today

please get that St Mirren to f**k away from Scottish top flight football (which looks like much more likely than scrapping plastic pitches)

Who were you playing today ?

That'll be getting appealed....Halkett takes the ball cleanly and gets sent off....SFA w**k w**k w**k
No he doesn't. Should only have went to ground when Lyons was in the box. Mo red card then. Will decision from a very good defender

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Disappointing result but tough afternoon with 10 men for so long....I thought Halkett got a touch on the ball but going by the laws of the game it was still probably a foul and a yellow card as he’s came through the back of Mullen...

It was Lyons who was fouled by Halkett.

Refs red card changed the game again for us as it did against Dundee, but Holt takes the wrong player off, should've been Sibbald instead of Lawless, and why the feck did we sit so deep allowing St Mirren all the time in the world to bring the ball out of defence and have their FB's sitting up in our half knowing they'd be under no danger at all at being caught up the pitch.

Also thought he made the wrong decision to take Hardie off when Menga came on, Hardie was having to be left up front alone against 2 CB's Menga coming on would've given them huge problems leaving Hardie to get into goal scoring positions a lot easier. 

Saying all that we had a couple of good chances to get ourselves back into the lead and failed to do so, and ended up being comfortably beaten because we gambled on being able to defend deep.

Only consolation is it virtually sends Dundee down, still hoping they hang on long enough for our game on the 11th of May to be the one that officially relegates them, bringing back memories from that end of season relegation game with 10,000 Dees on Bubbles Hil and Tam McManus on his knees greetin on our pitch.:guinness

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

BBC highlights not the best, but it looks like Lyons gets the ball with his left before being taken down. For me nothing obvious to show defender got anything other than man.

Also noticed Erhahon  doesn't track his man for Livi's goal, which creates (havoc) a free man and the goal.  Contrast this with Flynn who tracked his man all the way back, allowing him to make a goal saving clearance. 

Having said that, Ernahon is young and still learning, mistakes will happen. Hopefully they can be learned from, and it didn't cost the game. Also some really nice interchanges of play, granted with an extra man.

Turns out what I thought was an excellent challenge by Halkett was actually an excellent touch by Lyons. Fair fucks to Willie Collum - that's not something I thought I'd ever say :lol: Would echo what Holt said about it though, more concerned about why he needed to make that challenge. 

We always come back from these breaks looking sluggish and yesterday was no different, plenty misplaced passes and just generally not up to our usual constant closing down. Some strike from Danny Mullen for the winner, only surprise was he didn't take his celebrations to the Livi fans :lol:

Think St Mirren will be fine if they can put in more performances like their second half yesterday. Obviously easier to look good against 10 men but they showed a good amount of fight IMO, can't see Dundee catching them and would expect them to do enough over 2 legs against a Championship side. Then again I've expected us to be on the wrong end of a relegation scrap for the last 2 seasons so what the f**k do I know.