Livy Lions v Paisley Pandas 20/04/19

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That'll be getting appealed....Halkett takes the ball cleanly and gets sent off....SFA w**k w**k w**k

I know Livvy are rock solid financially, but do you really have money to burn on appealing stonewall reds?

Edited by Bobby_F

Guest Moomintroll
I know Livvy are rock solid financially, but do you really have money to burn on appealing stonewall reds?
That money doesn't launder itself you know.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Halkett didn't complain - that tells you all you need to know.

The first few angles it showed on Alba made it look like perhaps he’d got a touch.

From the back of the goal angle it’s clear that it’s Lyons that gets the ball and Halkett that gets Lyons.

Never been so confident during a game that we would win, obviously the send off affected things for Livingston but we dominated the game after Livingston went ahead & thoroughly deserved all 3 points.

Superb support & atmosphere today!

Bring on the fakes next week... COYS [emoji482]

29 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Actually, given £24 for an adult and £16 for a senior, maybe you can afford to appeal stonewall reds.

Are you the most expensive ground for away fans outside of the old firm?

They also don't pay their stewards and most of them are doing community service, judging by the nick of three of them who didn't know where to buy tickets.

30 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

The first few angles it showed on Alba made it look like perhaps he’d got a touch.

From the back of the goal angle it’s clear that it’s Lyons that gets the ball and Halkett that gets Lyons.

I’ve only see multiple replays of the first angle and it looks like he touches it with the outside of his right boot. ...I’ve since seen the angle behind goal and it looks like he doesn’t. Balls. And I was kinda hoping he wasn’t clearly last man but Lithgow arrives in shot about 30 mins later. Most annoying thing about that is that is was Lawson who redirected it goalward as opposed to a pass - just unfortunate. Erskine did the same thing for the St Mirren goal in the away game. We need these defence splitting passes at the other end :lol:

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Wee Danny, what a boy. Give me him over Hardie any day of the week!

Possibly best to discuss this one during a non-match day as we are at  opposites of emotion..but..When Mullen moved on and Hardie came in (with Miller) I felt we were much more dangerous up front. Mullen is a pain in the arse because of his tenacity, which I was a big fan of, and I think he wins freekicks by going down a bit too easily IMO - currently Robinson is this player for us :P with the same players around them I think Hardie would score/set up more so for those reasons I’d rather have him over Mullen.

I’d be reluctant to compare the two on today’s performance: Mullen scored when we’d played for an hour with 10 in toasting heat. Pittman did his best to support Hardie but the service was a bit ropey at best - Hardie should’ve done much better with his chance when we were 1 up though.

As an aside, good turnout from the St. Mirren fans. I’m always resentful that the away support gets to enjoy sitting in the sun :lol:

Edited by crispy

St mirren deserved win today. Probably were the better team when it was 11vs11 to. We looked of it and don’t think we strung 3 passes together except for the goal was really good play. Sending off changes the game. Sibbald struggled when we went down to 10 men he got caught out for the first goal. Really don’t know why Byrne isn’t playing. He was excellent at Celtic park and he should be in the starting 11 for me. Mullen done well today worked his socks off and scored good goal. He was giving our fans some stick after the 3rd goal to. I don’t mind that cause our fans gave him pelters today

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

St mirren deserved win today. Probably were the better team when it was 11vs11 to. We looked of it and don’t think we strung 3 passes together except for the goal was really good play. Sending off changes the game. Sibbald struggled when we went down to 10 men he got caught out for the first goal. Really don’t know why Byrne isn’t playing. He was excellent at Celtic park and he should be in the starting 11 for me. Mullen done well today worked his socks off and scored good goal. He was giving our fans some stick after the 3rd goal to. I don’t mind that cause our fans gave him pelters today

I was surprised at Byrne not playing, too.

Aye, anyone giving players pelters needs to be prepared to receive it. I thinks it’s great entertainment when the likes of Lennon cup their ears towards away fans etc. The Dundee fans were  goading us outside after they got that late winner. Didn’t notice it to same extent today just seemed to be jubilation. I did leg it fairly sharp though and think the vocal group were still inside.

Lawson and Jacobs were slack this week. Would expect Byrne to come back in against Hamilton.

I also thought Menga looked bright when he came on, he just needs to learn to release the ball earlier.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Fair play to Oran Kearney, the subs were the difference to today. We huffed and puffed in the first half but other than the goal didn't threaten. I actually thought despite us having a lot more of the ball in the first half Livingston were more dangerous. Flynn's saving tackle was a massive moment.

Second half we were better and created a few chances. Some strike by Mullen too. McAllister was good, he's hot and cold, but today he just seemed to drift past players. Great to see Magennis back.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I also thought Menga looked bright when he came on, he just needs to learn to release the ball earlier.

He's certainly a handful. Baird and Popescu would have been black and blue had they been up against him for 90mins. At one point I think he held off two defenders just with his arse.

Is he much of a player or more of a human wrecking ball?