Livy Lions v Paisley Pandas 20/04/19

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Reading Livingstone are in financial trouble again the directors need to put money in to keep the club afloat. On that the club needs to finish as high as possible to get money in so can't see them laying down tools in any of the remainder games. As for Saints we have a fighting spirit with some good players thanks to the January window. A win is a must Hamilton have a very tough game against Motherwell if things go Saints way we could be one point behind Hamilton which would be perfect going into the last four games. 

Not sure if it's a bait or not but I'll clear it up :D 

John Ward stepped back as director and CEO (3 years unpaid) to take over and regenerate Fasteq. He'll still be onboard as a sponsor. He put around 100k of his own money into the club for stadium renovation, both dugouts got done at a cost of about 20k-30k each. He's made sure that while he steps aside someone able to put further significant investment (a lot more than he has from what I've been told) into the club will step into place as CEO and director. 

We've managed to massively reduce our debt from Championship>League 1>Championship>Premiership. Think in 4 seasons the debt went from 1.2m to about 200k probably gone by the end of this season. 

Any directors putting money into the club isn't to keep it afloat at the moment, seems to just be further investment for us to push on. Nice to see us have decent people around the club for once rather than the likes we've had before. Smallest squad and budget in the league, smart buys, we're turning the corner into a wee respectable club now. 

Difference in 9th to 7th is about 200k which for us can be 4-6 players. Could be the difference in us offering the likes of Kelly/Byrne etc 3 year deals and making good money on them. 

If you lot do go down, I'm hoping we're in and around Popescu to replace Halket/Gallagher - seems like he's been immense for you guys. At least if you do go down you'll have Danny Mullen at his full potential, the Championship - genuinely can't cut it at a higher level. 

Hardie hat-trick and St Mirren hame greeting please :D 

Edited by ATLIS

If you spend what you don't have it will come back to bite you.
You could take a leaf out of St Mirren a very well run club who don't spend what they don't have result no debt

You are talking pish.

Wouldn't be too bothered if Saints won this because I would rather they stayed up at Dundee's expense. However, I really don't see that happening. We're too strong at home.

3 hours ago, btb said:

Yup we have no debt and IIRC apart from the TC season haven't made a loss since the Gilmour regime took over in '97.

The Livyngstone story was alluded to on BAWA yesterday as being in the DR although I couldn't find it online.

Worth mentioning you made a £70k profit in the last year, which includes a £700k fee for Morgan...

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

700k for Morgan ? News to me. 

There was a blog a few weeks/months back which had details of all the Premiership club's accounts for the 2017/18 season, profit/loss and that sort of thing. It was well written and I'm assuming was based on data from Companies House so was using the actual figures rather than guesstimates.

It claimed we had £700k from player sales and Morgan was the only one sold during the financial year (not sure when the Mallan cash would have kicked in). I found it pretty hard to believe that we got £700k for a player with six months on his contract!

1 minute ago, Stu said:

There was a blog a few weeks/months back which had details of all the Premiership club's accounts for the 2017/18 season, profit/loss and that sort of thing. It was well written and I'm assuming was based on data from Companies House so was using the actual figures rather than guesstimates.

It claimed we had £700k from player sales and Morgan was the only one sold during the financial year (not sure when the Mallan cash would have kicked in). I found it pretty hard to believe that we got £700k for a player with six months on his contract!

That's because we didn't.  Widely reported it was £300k. Like you said , I imagine that figure would have been other sales included. 

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

It's from Nareys Toe Poker, who got it from Kieran Maguire, the "Price of Football" guy on Twitter, who slogs through clubs accounts and summarises them.

Either way, St Mirren were on course for a £500k loss before player sales.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Not sure if it's a bait or not but I'll clear it up :D 

John Ward stepped back as director and CEO (3 years unpaid) to take over and regenerate Fasteq. He'll still be onboard as a sponsor. He put around 100k of his own money into the club for stadium renovation, both dugouts got done at a cost of about 20k-30k each. He's made sure that while he steps aside someone able to put further significant investment (a lot more than he has from what I've been told) into the club will step into place as CEO and director. 

We've managed to massively reduce our debt from Championship>League 1>Championship>Premiership. Think in 4 seasons the debt went from 1.2m to about 200k probably gone by the end of this season. 

Any directors putting money into the club isn't to keep it afloat at the moment, seems to just be further investment for us to push on. Nice to see us have decent people around the club for once rather than the likes we've had before. Smallest squad and budget in the league, smart buys, we're turning the corner into a wee respectable club now. 

Difference in 9th to 7th is about 200k which for us can be 4-6 players. Could be the difference in us offering the likes of Kelly/Byrne etc 3 year deals and making good money on them. 

If you lot do go down, I'm hoping we're in and around Popescu to replace Halket/Gallagher - seems like he's been immense for you guys. At least if you do go down you'll have Danny Mullen at his full potential, the Championship - genuinely can't cut it at a higher level. 

Hardie hat-trick and St Mirren hame greeting please :D 

Well said Atlis.How many times after having relative succsess in our short history do we have people go on about our impending financial doom. Like it or lump it we are doing well both on and off the field at this time.Think sometimes considering we are a so called Diddy club we know we are punching above our weight and this seems to get on the goat of various bigger clubs than ours to many to mention.Suck it up and leave us to carry on with keeping our own house in order although i understand the frustration this is causing.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's from Nareys Toe Poker, who got it from Kieran Maguire, the "Price of Football" guy on Twitter, who slogs through clubs accounts and summarises them.

Just as well we have a decent youth academy that has produced player after player in recent years. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, not denying that. Could be our board gambled thinking they'd get cash for Morgan and McGinn somewhere down the line.

At least we ended up with something to show for our spending, as opposed to Dundee United and the ridiculous amounts they've wasted to stay in the Championship

14 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

You are talking pish.

Wouldn't be too bothered if Saints won this because I would rather they stayed up at Dundee's expense. However, I really don't see that happening. We're too strong at home.

Not trying to take the piss there was an artical on your club the other day. However ATLIS  has explained it very well. Livingston ( got it right this time ) is a very tough venue so will not be an easy game huge match for Saints. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning you made a £70k profit in the last year, which includes a £700k fee for Morgan...

Worth mentioning we spent some of the transfer fee we got for Morgan (btw it was £300k despite your compadres tale of Chinese Whispers) to bolster our squad for the title run in - not really. 

Edited by btb

43 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not trying to take the piss there was an artical on your club the other day. However ATLIS  has explained it very well. Livingston ( got it right this time ) is a very tough venue so will not be an easy game huge match for Saints. 

Tbf articles about Livi in the Daily Record (and Edinburgh Evening News while we're at it) can be safely ignored and put in the bin. 

Tbf articles about Livi in the Daily Record (and Edinburgh Evening News while we're at it) can be safely ignored and put in the bin. 
Most articles about Livi can usually be binned....unless its written by Calum Carson

Rofl at the financial rumours rearing their heads again. This is the healthiest financial footing that the club has been on in more than a decade.

If the players are having as much of a meltdown as the fans then it'll be an easy Livi win.

20 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Rofl at the financial rumours rearing their heads again. This is the healthiest financial footing that the club has been on in more than a decade.

If the players are having as much of a meltdown as the fans then it'll be an easy Livi win.

Who having a meltdown? Personally I couldn't give a flying fuk about Livi's financial state. 

Tbh , I reckon most Saints fans minds are preoccupied with more pressing interests right now.