Keep/punt/undecided

I'd keep the 9 contracted players, and that would be it. Maybe half an argument for keeping Dave McKay. Theres certainly a few of the 9 I wouldn't be fussed seeing the back off. Need a freshing in the def and midfield. Build the team around Vaughan Nisbet Dingwall Murray and Bene.

Contracted:

Thomson, Murray, Bene, Watson, Dingwall, Gillespie, Vaughan, Nisbet, Flanagan

End of Loan:
Crane, Barjonas, McGuffie, Gullan 

Punt:
Lyness, Matthews, Duggan

Undecided:
Davo, Wedderburn, Buchanan, McKay

13 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Yeah not hard to see Brechin’s problems if they are content to keep all that, there’s not one player on their books you would want as far as I can see. The delusion that poor players in League One will be ok in League Two is very dangerous too.

We aren’t far away from having a decent squad we need 4-5 players in the attacking third of the park,

you have been spoiled with Baird hilson and Easton, if any team in the league had attacking options like that they would be top 4

ive been to a lot of games this season, mostly home and apart from Montrose every time we play them one game against Arbroath and a pumping from airdrie every other game we played in could have went either way but we where just completely toothless,  a complete rebuild isn’t required imo

15 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

Would like to see Meggatt re-sign and Craig Watson if he overcomes his injury and gets back to full fitness. Of the players resigned, there’s one or two I think we maybe shouldn’t have extended their contracts.
If Stewart Murdoch can prove he is over his injuries, I think he’d be worth signing if he gets released from United.
We will definitely need another keeper, not just back up but someone to compete with Long for the number 1 jersey. Could really do with signing a big, dominant, no nonsense Centre Half and a leftback if Meggatt doesn’t resign. Need a midfielder powerhouse, an out and out winger and two strikers - one big and athletic and another penalty box poacher. I think Kev Smith will be a bit part player next season and will be used to provide an experienced head on the park, hence the need for two strikers to compliment Dowds.
It will be a tougher league next year, with Falkirk coming down and Peterhead are never short of a bob or two to bring players in. Airdrie bringing in some full time players will see them stronger than this season. Hopefully we make signings quickly.

Cannot disagree with the above.I would like to see a natural left-footed attacking midfield player with pace - the equivalent to Dunsmore on the right .

On another note , I heard on Saturday that the club is still paying for Rory Currie's loan despite the fact that he was injured whilst playing for Hearts months ago.

Also , another gripe, what is your definition of a Captain. Is it merely someone who is present at the toss-up?

6 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Robson - probably the best left back in the championship. Just don't think his face fit.

In a post of utter drivel this was the highlight. Not even the best left back playing in the FK postcode.

I'm happy enough with the 11 players already signed up but have to admit that I'm also very surprised with a couple of them being kept on!!!

Meggatt is a must, but I've also heard a rumour that he is being offered double/treble the wages to go Junior with a Club closer to his home and I think the way in which he was dicked about with when Higgins was signed on loan may be a major factor in his final decision, but allowing the player who scooped ALL the PotY awards this year to leave would be nothing short of disgraceful IMHO!!!

Watson to resign is a no-brainer, but it will all come down to the severity of his injury, doing the same ACL for the third time could be a bridge to far for Craig but we will see, he was doing light training before the match on Saturday, and there was a contract on the table for him to sign in the week leading up to his injury, but I doubt that that is still there at the moment!!!

Believe it or not, I would also keep Kane, I think he has really been hard done by this season, he was a pivotal part of the side that did the unbeaten run at the start of the season and only lost his place due to injury and the form of Dunlop meant he couldn't get back in the side, people who are ranking him on his last appearance against Dumbarton aren't remembering that not also was he up against one of the best players in the division in Dom Thomas but that it was also only his third game in 17 weeks since that injury, I think he deserves another chance and while I've got the flak helmet on I'll also say that I'd probably keep Docherty, whoever is left could probably go!!!

These guys were good enough to be at the top end of the table till our collapse so instead of jettisoning most of them we should be adding to them but obviously with quality!!!

I think we all said at the start of the season that only going with three signed forwards wasn't enough and that proved true in the run in, Tonks can't do everything, Kev can't do 90 minutes or if he does he's probably going to miss the next game and Court wasn't good enough and as much as a fit RC19 was a bonus you shouldn't have to rely on another Club's player, especially when the likes of Levien starts playing funny buggers with you!!!

So at least another three forwards and an attacking midfielder and probably an experienced backup to Long should be top of the list, but obviously if the guys we want to re-sign don't, then we need replacements for them as well!!!

Let’s play this game for Arbroath.

Keep -

Jamieson

Thompson

Little

O’Brien

Hamilton

Gold

Whatley

Swankie

Linn

Wallace

Undecided -

McCord: If (Big If) He can lose 2 stone and get really fit he’ll be an asset, otherwise punt.

Doris: If he can get back to where he was before his injury, keep.

Denholm: Can be an attacking threat. Depends if we can bring in a better winger.

Donnelly: Has not done well, but he’s young and Dick seems to see something in him. There are glimpses of talent, but not often.

Hill: Do we need a better reserve goalie? Can we afford one?

Punt -

Spence: He’s been hopeless since he arrived. Whatever he had he seems to have lost it.

Kader: Has done a good job for us but we should upgrade for the Championship.

On 05/05/2019 at 23:30, gm_1982 said:

You can’t be serious surely. Half the reason we’ve been relegated this year is because we kept on most of the players from the debacle in the Championship. We surely won’t make the same mistake again.

First person to go should be Smith. Has come in and made a terrible side even worse.

I’d keep half a dozen players maximum. O’Neil, Hill, Tapping, Thomson and maybe Jacko.

I'm with this. The core of the side we've had for the the last two years have forgotten what you need to win a game of football - or  at least that's what it looked like to me last saturday. If Jacko is away, as it sounds, then thanks Andy for all your efforts and hope you have a good season next year wherever you end up. The rest I think we need to be pretty brutal with - I'd keep Dougie Hill def, and Jordan Tapping on the strength of his endeavour last weekend when few of his team mates showed up. Callum - great player but doesn't play enough games - I think someone else will take him & if so I wish him an injury free season next year. Otherwise - McLean if he's still got the legs? Orsi and Sinclair if Barry goes as he doesn't appear to fancy them, but if we had a more attack-minded manager they could feature more.  But it's prob one of either Orsi or Thomson presuming neither have better offers.

Let’s play this game for Arbroath.
Keep -
Jamieson
Thompson
Little
O’Brien
Hamilton
Gold
Whatley
Swankie
Linn
Wallace

Undecided -
McCord: If (Big If) He can lose 2 stone and get really fit he’ll be an asset, otherwise punt.
Doris: If he can get back to where he was before his injury, keep.
Denholm: Can be an attacking threat. Depends if we can bring in a better winger.
Donnelly: Has not done well, but he’s young and Dick seems to see something in him. There are glimpses of talent, but not often.
Hill: Do we need a better reserve goalie? Can we afford one?

Punt -
Spence: He’s been hopeless since he arrived. Whatever he had he seems to have lost it.
Kader: Has done a good job for us but we should upgrade for the Championship.

Denholm gone to East Fife.

• 2 weeks later...
Now it’s over, what’s the sketch at San Starko, will we have to wait till the AGM?

Pretty much. I’d expect that we’ll find out on Wednesday on the OS about whether we’re going Part-time, Hybrid or going to have one last stab at getting out of this league as a full time club. I’d imagine we’ll go with Hybrid.

Thomson
Nisbet
Vaughan
Matthews
McKay.

That’s the only 5 I’d be fussed about keeping.

Bene
Murray
Dingwall.

They 3 are players that with a full pre-season could be excellent players again.

I’d punt the rest.

I really hope we never have to see Flanagan and Wedderburn in Fife ever again tbh.

We have 12 players still contracted so unless theres something specific in their contract or somebody is willing go take them off our hands we,ll be stuck with them.

Who are the 12? Personally I’d let most of them go as there’s little heart or team spirit in that squad. Keep Lewis, Nesbit, Watson, Mathews, Dingwall and maybe Thomson the rest I’m not bothered if they go. Have a look at the young lads Bowie looks worth a contract and then decide who could make the step up. Show the door to the rest. I’ve got a feeling Davo will stay as a player coach.