Keep/punt/undecided

Mercilessly stolen from the Championship.

Raith Rovers

Punt

Thomson

Crane loan ends at the end of the season

Davidson

Barjonas same as Crane

Wedderburn

Flanagan

Duggan always injured

Undecided

Matthews

Vaughan, only because he’s a perma crock

Dingwall

Buchanan

Keep

Gillespie

Nisbet

Murray

McKay

I can't remember exactly who is/isn't under contract soome of this may be off the mark. 

Keep: Murray, McKay, Gillespie, Nisbet, Vaughan and probably Matthews. 

Under contract and not mentioned above: Thomson (keep but need another 'keeper as he's injured), Flanagan (won't be sad if he left) and Benedictus (punt if possible). 

The rest can leave. 

The above applies regardless of what league we're in next season. 

Edited by Michael W

This has been discussed loads on our thread, but here goes anyway.

Keep

Cammy Ballantyne - Excellent player, he'll be away though imo. Far too good for us.
Stuart Carswell - Has been consistently quietly effective since he came in, but kicked up a gear this season in terms of his overall game. Now not bad going forward and really adds balance to our midfield. We aren't the same team without him.
Calum Gallagher - Play him up front and he scores goals. Sure he runs funny, sure his first touch isn't great and sure he looks all ungainly, but he's a solid, hardworking League One player and I really like him.
Ross Forbes - Probably has the best left foot in the lower leagues. 12 goals and 9 assists in a dire team where he's spent time at left-back, centre-mid and (under Aitken) on the bench.
Bobby Barr - Since Duffy came in I've noticed a massive improvement, and he's worth keeping alone for what he does to opposition fans. Maybe not the gamechanger he was at Livingston or Albion Rovers in his younger days, but a good wee player nonetheless.

Undecided

Brian McLean - Looked shaky at first, but was solid enough at the weekend. Meh. Not bothered either way.
Kyle Hutton - A lot of the time he seems to be a guy who stands about pointing, getting outpaced and trying audacious crossfielders. But every so often he turns in a real belter of a performance that leaves you wondering why he can't be like that every week. Duffy's a big fan though, so if he stays then Kyle stays. Gains points for playing through injury all season - though God knows how long he could be out for when he finally gets things sorted.
Craig Barr - Brilliant player: Brave, strong, handsome. Everything you're wanting in a defender. But he's only played more than 20 games in one season once since 2012-13, so is a bit of a risk.

Punt

Grant Adam - Absolutely off his head. A goalkeeper who doesn't seem to make very many saves. His distribution is woeful too. 
Willie Dyer - Right up there with worst players I've seen play for us. Since he vanished in January we've lost just three times...
Ross Perry - A likeable big lump of a defender who'll throw himself at anything. He's been injured for most of the season though.
Boris Melingui - Part of me was tempted to keep him as an impact sub, but (excellent debut and decent cameo against Airdrie aside) I've not seen very much to suggest we can't get someone better in.
Iain Russell :( A couple of lively showings aside he's spent the entire season injured, or looking like a guy who retired a couple of seasons ago. Great guy, great player, but unfortunately I don't think he's up to this level anymore.
Michael Paton - Looks absolutely done to be honest. I don't know if it is his injuries catching up with him, his general fitness, his attitude or what. But it really, really hasn't worked for him at the Rock.
Conor Brennan  - I would've been fine keeping him as backup, but the fact he missed a few games through work kind of put me off that. 
Ryan Thomson - We've played him at right-back, centre-back, centre-mid and up front and he's looked pretty poor in all of those positions. Loves a clumsy foul and seems to pick up loads of bookings. Duffy's clearly not a fan either.

Loanees

David Ferguson - Solid, dependable, reliable. Would be happy to keep him, but I suspect he'll be Ayr's first choice next year with Liam Smith away.
Ben Armour - On paper it doesn't look great, only a handful of starts and no goals. But I like him. He's got a wee spark about him that suggests he could be a good player at this level, if Morton let him go I'd be happy to see us fire a deal his way.
Henk van Schaik - I think it was 'Cameron2000' who said that he wouldn't be surprised to see big Henk either playing first team football for Livi next season, or vanishing never to be seen again. Can flick between strolling a game and looking like a total bombscare. Would I have him back? Meh. Possibly.
Dom Thomas - Should be granted the freedom of G82 if we stay up :wub:

We already have a lot of lads signed up for next year:

Keep (already signed): Long, Dunsmore, Dunlop, Slattery, Bell, Agnew, Davidson, Watt, Smith, Dowds

Keep (optional): Craig Watson, Meggatt

Punt: Docherty (think he'll be asked to stay), Kane, Linton, Higgins, Terry, Court

Loans: Broque Watson (don't re-sign), Murdoch and Currie (potentially re-sign both)

Very harsh on Kane and Linton especially here, but factored into that is the fact they've barely played and both could easily start for at worst a league 2 team. I'm not a fan of either of Docherty or Higgins, but that's just a personal opinion.  Terry was guff when he played. Court is not cut out for this level in the slightest. The loans, ideally you want a loan player to improve the side.  I only saw Murdoch once and Currie showed some decent touches so I wouldn't mind them returning, but I'd rather Currie returned and actually started. His game time has been limited but he can score goals. 

Edited by Big Fifer

Obviously we have the following under contract for next season:

Thomson, Murray, Bene, Watson, Dingwall, Gillespie, Vaughan, Nisbet, Flanagan

However, I will base my list on a rose tinted ideal scenario where those under contract can be moved on easily. 

Keep: Thomson, Murray, Gillespie, Dingwall, Vaughan, Nisbet

Punt: Lyness, Davo, Bene, Watson, Crane, Barjonas, McGuffie, Flanagan, Duggan, Gullan 

Undecided:

McKay - Not as convinced as everyone else, easily dominated in the air for a centre back. Still young and has potential but that’s an area he must improve

Wedderburn - Physically strong and excellent on the ball, painfully slow though. I don’t think he can play in a midfield two. Punt if that’s how we’ll be playing. 

Matthews - I can’t make my mind up. He’ll be ineffectual for a few games and you’ll wonder why he’s still here but then he’ll put in a good performance and you start to think he has the potential to be really good. Probably gets more leeway because he’s a youth product but he’s 23 now. Next season will be huge for him.

Buchanan - I think he’s been much better this season. Vastly improved on last year although that wasn’t hard. Advancing years makes me think punt but wouldn’t be disappointed if he got another year. 

I covered this on the Airdrie facebook page a month or so ago. I have people I like and would keep, but lets face it, they can all go.

My Keep List

Hutton

O'Neil

Hawkshaw

Get Campbell back on loan

The young team's drum

There's a few more that I would keep for back up/development but that's just probably my bias on people that I like. Truth is, we have been dire all season.

24 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Are Raith going part time next season? Must be one of the worst full time sides that has ever existed it all seems a bit pointless. Not as though they are using it to their advantage.

No idea yet. Reasonable chance of it given the financial disaster of last season. This season we are allegedly in a better position, but I imagine we will still make a significant loss. 

It's a debate that's been done to death on the Raith thread the last couple of years, but there are some very, very harsh realities in front of us next season if the usual happens in the play-offs. 

Keep,  

Jamieson , Thomson, Little, ToB, Hammy, 

Gold, Whatley, Linn, Swankie,  McKenna, 

Wallace, Doris, Spence, 

Can see Hill Kader Denholm McCord being moved on, It’s a real shame as Denholm has never been the same after his injury, 

Cant see Donnelly being able to step up but fully expect him to stay, would be a mistake in my eyes to see Doris or Wallace let go in his place , 

Out or the lists so far I wouldn’t be opposed to Cammy Ballantye and Dom Thomas from Dumbarton, 

Also whatever happened to Page, always done well at East Fife before his move to Airdrie, 

Dunfermline Athletic's side of 2014/15 are the worst part-time side I've ever seen. They brought in guys like Gregor Buchanan, Andy Stirling and Michael Moffat and looked like they had a group of players who would win the division but instead they finished in seventh place. At least this Rovers side are pushing for promotion, that Pars side were horrendous.

Keep,  
Jamieson , Thomson, Little, ToB, Hammy, 
Gold, Whatley, Linn, Swankie,  McKenna, 
Wallace, Doris, Spence, 
Can see Hill Kader Denholm McCord being moved on, It’s a real shame as Denholm has never been the same after his injury, 
Cant see Donnelly being able to step up but fully expect him to stay, would be a mistake in my eyes to see Doris or Wallace let go in his place , 
Out or the lists so far I wouldn’t be opposed to Cammy Ballantye and Dom Thomas from Dumbarton, 
Also whatever happened to Page, always done well at East Fife before his move to Airdrie, 

It's hard to do when you've just won the league and are fond of all the players but realistically would sort of agree with this too

Definitely away in my opinion will be

Hill / Kader / Denholm / McCord

Possibly away

Doris

Everyone else kept.

Interesting comments from DC in the post match about Bobby, says he doesn't know if he'll be in the team next season (guessing he will most definitely will be) but think that's a hint that next year will be tough and we'll be looking at making some good signings.

If Dom Thomas would want to go PT would do everything to get him. Sure he's opening up a soccer school like Gold but maybe I'm getting confused with someone else. Think he's exactly the kind of player we need. We are pretty strong in all other areas, as strong as we could be for a PT side. Out wide and creative players with pace we've only really got Bobby.

At a total guess, Denholm is still a good L1 player and can see him at Montrose or something whilst Kader could still be good in L2 I reckon. Maybe Edinburgh City or Spartans. McCord will have his pick of teams and reckon he'll stay closer to home so maybe a Brechin or East Fife or something.

Obviously a shite time of the year and not easy talking about players who have been so good for us and won us the league leaving but next season is going to be very tough we will need to strengthen and it is the catch 22 situation all promoted teams face.

58 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Morton must have had a honking full time side in this league in 2001/02? Didn't Hamilton also drop down to L2 with a full time squad just previous to that?

I'm not 100% sure if either Morton or Hamilton were completely full time / hybrid or part time in that era. 

There's no doubt however that this season's Rovers team are deserving of being in the conversation. 

The Pars finishing 4th bottom a few seasons back thankfully eclipses us though. 

Keep: David Hutton, Sean Crighton, Josh Edwards, Chris O’Neil, Dean Cairns, Dean Hawkshaw, Scott Stewart, Kyle Wilkie, Leighton McIntosh, Cammy Russell & Joao Victoria

Punt: Jonathan Page, Ryan Conroy, Sean McIntosh, Kieran Millar, Dale Carrick, Darryl Duffy & all loan players

Undecided: Scott Gallacher, Ben McKenzie, Kieran MacDonald, Scott Robertson & Grant Gallagher

If Dom Thomas would want to go PT would do everything to get him. Sure he's opening up a soccer school like Gold but maybe I'm getting confused with someone else. Think he's exactly the kind of player we need.

Thomas has been running his soccer school for a while now. In a video he posted the other day he actually said being a full-time footballer means he has loads of spare time so that's why he set it up, going part-time would probably lead to less spare time as I imagine he'd also need a job (I don't imagine a part-time wage and the soccer school wage would come close to what he earns just now).

I'll be fairly surprised if he doesn't remain full-time. He could easily walk into a top half Championship side. If he does decide to go part-time then yourselves or Alloa would be the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if even the likes of Hamilton or Livingston were to take a punt.

Thomas has been running his soccer school for a while now. In a video he posted the other day he actually said being a full-time footballer means he has loads of spare time so that's why he set it up, going part-time would probably lead to less spare time as I imagine he'd also need a job (I don't imagine a part-time wage and the soccer school wage would come close to what he earns just now).

I'll be fairly surprised if he doesn't remain full-time. He could easily walk into a top half Championship side. If he does decide to go part-time then yourselves or Alloa would be the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if even the likes of Hamilton or Livingston were to take a punt.

Fair enough. Although David Golds full time job is his soccer school. Good player anyway.