Keep/Punt/Undecided

Under contract and would keep -  Sneddon, O'Ware, Penrice, Saunders, Bannigan, Slater, Fitzpatrick, Wilson

Under contract and would try and move on-  Bell, McGinty, Harkins

Out of contract and would try and retain- McDonald (offer him an 8 month deal starting in October so he doesn't have to do pre-season), Spittal

Out of contract  / end of loan and hmmm- Doolan (will probably end up staying as he's on coaching staff), Cardle (been good when he's on but 32 and injury prone), Anderson (regressed after a good start)

Out of contract / end of loan and out the door- Coulibaly- no doubt he'll sign for a bottom 6 Prem side and score 20 goals but it's been a dud... Lennox, Hazard, Elliott, McMillan, Gordon, McCarthy,  Mansell, Roy

Special place in my version of PTFC hell reserved for- Keown, Storey

Above on the basis we stay up, no idea what the deal is with relegation release  / wage reduction clauses - surely to f**k we've learned from last year- and budgets if we go down.

Keep:
Ridgers, C.Mackay, Donaldson, Mccart, Tremarco, Welsh, Chalmers, Doran, Walsh, White, Macdonald (be good if we could get him on loan), all the young lads aswell

Undecided:
Austin, Trafford, Mchattie (only seen him play twice), McCauley

Punt:
McKay, Rooney

Rooney was absolutely rotten in the semi final, get rid asap

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Stolen from the premiership forum. With the season drawing to a close its time to start discussing who from your squad you’d Keep, Punt or in some cases fire into the sea and who your undecided on. 

For Ayr

Goalkeepers:

Ross Doohan- Currently on loan from Celtic, after the disaster of last seasons goalkeepers Ayr fans were quite nervous when it was announced we had signed a young boy on loan from Celtic to be our number 1 but he’s been outstanding. Our whole transfer window should involve McCall chasing the Celtic coaches about trying to get Doohan back for next season. KEEP

Ellis Hare-Reid- I know little about him but I’d imagine he would be on much wages. I’d offer him a new deal if he’s happy to be back up again. KEEP

Defenders:

Daniel Harvie- Signed a two year deal in the summer so we’ve got him again for next season. I’m pretty happy with this as although he is a scapegoat for a lot of the fans I think he does have potential. KEEP

Liam Smith- Has signed a PCA with Dundee United. Would have loved to keep him but it was never happening. PUNT

Michael Rose- Has signed a PCA with Coventry. Based on his form prior to the announcment he has signed for them I’m gutted by this but given his form since he won’t be much of a loss. PUNT

Andy Geggan- Andy Geggan loves Ayr United and I love Andy Geggan, nothing more needs said. KEEP

Stevie Bell- I love Belly but feel this level is a bit beyond him. Airdrie tried to sign him before he signed for us and I can see him going there although he is too handsome for that mob. PUNT

Jamie Adams- Similar to Bell, he has been a good servant for us but I think he’s a league 1 player.  He’ll go to Stranraer or a team in Ireland as was rumoured in the summer. PUNT

Aaron Muirhead- Signed an 18 month deal in January so he’ll be around next season. Has only featured a few times this season and done well each time. Will he be good enough to be a starter for us next season? I’m not sure. KEEP

David Ferguson- Signed a deal for next season before he was loaned out to Dumbarton. Think he’s doing ok there. Will be fine for a back up fullback. Keep

Chris Higgins- Currently on loan at East Fife which is probably his level these days. Heard he’s very good around the dressing room so would maybe keep him on in a coaching capacity but I’m presuming he’ll want to keep playing. PUNT

Midfielders:

Mark Kerr- in his late 30s (I think) and still bossing games, probably worth another year but with a view to having him mainly as back up next season. Keep

Ross Docherty- Has signed a new deal for next season which I’m a bit meh about. Will be fine as back up I guess but would be worried if McCall planned on having him as a regular starter. KEEP

Declan McDaid- Like the vast majority of wingers as this level Declan is very incostinent but I like him. I think he’s worth another year. KEEP

Alan Forrest- Started the season very well but has been injured for a large chunk of it. If he can find his form of the beginning of the season then he could be a very big player for us next year. Keep

Robbie Crawford- “The best kept secret in Scottish football” according to McCall- well he’s had a more than a little underwhelming season. Maybe controversial but I’d let him go, hasn’t progressed at nearly the level he was expected. PUNT

Nicky Cadden- On loan from Livi, was a bit of a waster in his first couple of appearances but has improved dramatically in recent weeks. Can beat a man and put a decent ball in. Something I love to see a winger doing. Not sure what his contract situation is at Livingston but wouldn’t be against having him next season. Keep

Calvin Miller- On loan from Celtic, again not sure on his contract situation but wouldn’t be averse to having him back next year. Keep

Craig McGuffie- signed a new deal before getting loaned out to RR. Think next season will be a big one in terms of his development, he needs to make a serious push to be a first team regular. He’s highly rated at the club but I’ve never been overly convinced. Keep

Andy Murdoch- Can’t believe I almost forgot about him. Has signed a new deal which is a massive coup for the club. Can’t believe Morton got rid of him. Love him more than life itself, give him a five year deal, Freedom of Ayr etc. Keep

Strikers: 

Lawrence Shankland- Not a hole in hell were keeping him, probably already signed a PCA somewhere (Swansea heavily rumoured). Has been a shadow of his former self since returning from injury, need him back on form for playoffs. Punt

Craig Moore- Maybe an unpopular opinion amongst Ayr fans but I’d keep him, seems to get a hard time from some as he’s not Lawrence Shankland but like him, he’s absoulotely fine as a third choice striker. Keep

Michael Moffat- Last but certainly not least, Moff. The man that arguably makes us tick. He is a must keep for me but I think he’s probably a bit pissed out at constantly getting subbed no matter how he’s playing. His bird had a bit of an outburst on Friday night so frustrations are obviously high. Please just stay Moff. Keep

Havent included the youngsters as not seen enough of them to judge. A few are pretty highly rated and will be interesting to see how many can push for squad places next year.

Over to you. 

Doubt we'll be able to keep McDaid again for next season, was one of the last to sign up for this season and from what i heard very nearly went to Dunfermline, think his agent was also causing quite a few stumbling blocks to getting a new deal with us.

Same with Crawford think he'll be off, almost signed for Livi last summer and can see him going to a premiership club this summer, especially if we don't get promoted. Shows flashes of brilliance in the middle of the part but not consistently enough unless he'd be getting compared to Xavi or Iniesta, doesn't help he gets switched from CM to LM far too often.  As long as he doesn't move to another championship club if we stay in the league.

If Shankland hasn't signed a PCA with anyone yet and IF we got promoted that might stretch our slim chances of keeping him for next season up to about 30%, still can't see him staying though.

With the Michael Moffat thing can't really understand why he (or his misses) would be getting frustrated at being put on the bench the last few weeks considering he's started almost every game for us this season up until this point.

Would agree with everything else you've said.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Keep:
Ridgers, C.Mackay, Donaldson, Mccart, Tremarco, Welsh, Chalmers, Doran, Walsh, White, Macdonald (be good if we could get him on loan), all the young lads aswell

Undecided:
Austin, Trafford, Mchattie (only seen him play twice), McCauley

Punt:
McKay, Rooney

Rooney was absolutely rotten in the semi final, get rid asap

Austin and Trafford are rubbish while McHattie is the new Lewis Horner - he's not looked that bad so far but no more than reasonable.  McCauley is a funny one.  Perhaps when (if?) he gets up to full fitness he might be decent, but so far he's looked as stiff as a board.

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

You just ignoring the fact that several of your punt list will still be under contract for next season?

Doc and McGuffie recently signed new deals so there is no chance they’ll be punted.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd still have him on the keep list but Jackson Longridge has dipped a lot since the start of the season. Thomson (although he's crocked) Beadling, Craigen, Scully, Todd, McCann and Murdoch would also be shouts.

Kinda breaks my heart that Williamson isn't an automatic 'Keep' tbh. His career has stalled badly after that big injury.

Murdoch? Are you his agent?

Would be a good keeper but needs to prove his fitness. Would certainly offer him a pre season.

Austin and Trafford are rubbish while McHattie is the new Lewis Horner - he's not looked that bad so far but no more than reasonable.  McCauley is a funny one.  Perhaps when (if?) he gets up to full fitness he might be decent, but so far he's looked as stiff as a board.

Austin came onto a game towards the end of last season but has been rotten most of this season

Trafford is a bit of a headless chicken and think he could be under contract for next season

Mchattie could be useful as a utility player if he’s not taking up too much of a wage?

I’d be willing to give McCauley a full pre season and if he stills not up to it get rid

Would love to keep Polworth but think he’ll be offski

24 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

You just ignoring the fact that several of your punt list will still be under contract for next season?

Doc and McGuffie recently signed new deals so there is no chance they’ll be punted.

Yes, I've put who I would keep/punt plus punting the 3 that are offski.

Benji Siegrist - Punt:  I think there's a good keeper in there somewhere, but there have been far too many mistakes from him this season. Every time a corner or cross comes into the box it's a heart in mouth moment and I think that's testament to why he should go.

Callum Booth - Keep: I think he's been quite good since the turn of the year. Probably not too much better than Championship level, but has been solid for us recently.

Mark Connolly - Keep: He's a big improvement but is still prone to odd faux pas, the goal on Friday proves my point.

Mark Reynolds - Keep: He's been brilliant for us, hopefully, he stays and we can give him the captaincy. He could play for any side out of the top 4 in the Premiership.

Paul Watson - Undecided: He's a goal threat from corners but is probably best suited to being cover in this league, and I'd defo punt him if we did go up. He's not a particularly great a gash attacking Right-back, but I would keep him as cover if we stayed in Championship for another season.

Charlie Seaman - Keep: I really doubted him when he came up here, I thought he'd be Brandon Mason 2.0, and he was terrible in his first 3 games, however, I think he's came on leaps and bounds and would defo keep him if Bournemouth let us. He would need to bulk up a bit over the summer though.

Rachid Bouhenna - Undecided: I personally really like Bouhenna as a player, I think he's a decent passer who can build from the back and provide another aerial threat. However, he's just not been seen under Robbie, so I get the feeling he's on his way out.

Jamie Robson - Keep: If you asked me this in January, I would say punt ASAP. He was really lucky to stay at the club in January and not get punted to Brechin out on loan, and boy am I glad he's stayed.  Ever since the St Mirren cup game he's been playing with more creativity, he seems like he's got his confidence back. Moving him further forward has only added to that and I think has taken the pressure off him, as he's not being targeted for long balls by the opposition anymore.

Callum Butcher - Keep: I absolutely love the dirty b*****d. 100%.

Ian Harkes - Keep: He's definitely a player - had a poor game on Friday, but would be well suited to the Premiership, especially if he's got help from Butcher. Megnuts all the way.

Fraser Fyvie - Punt: I feel bad for him, but I think his career is finished, he just looks a liability anytime he comes on. 

Sam Stanton - Undecided: He's been pish this season, but it's probably worth keeping him as he's got a year left on his deal and if United are in this league, there's no point in Stanton going to a rival next season. And we know that he can play well. Albeit if United go up, I think he's defo a goner.

Jimmy Gomis - Punt: I think he's passed it now as well, unfortunately, but he's still a cult hero. Has the rare ability to shoot from 30 yards and end up in the Jerry Kerr.

Aiden Nesbitt - Punt: He looked promising, but I don't think he's good enough for us, having the inability to shoot it not something you want from an attacking midfielder.

Peter Pawlett - Undecided: He's been far too inconsistent for my liking, but does have the ability to have a moment of magic, for example away to Dunfermline. The jury is still out on him for me.

Yannick Loemba - Punt: Hopefully Celtic will be preparing their £3m bid and offer it any day now.

Cammy Smith - Keep:  I genuinely forgot United signed him. He's a quality player but hasn't played enough yet for us.

Nicky Clark - Keep: Dunfermline fans, ye raging aye?

Paul McMullan - Keep: See Clark. He's finally starting to show the potential that he's promised.

Pavol Safranko - Keep. We need to sign him in the summer. No Question about it.

Osman Sow - Keep: Purely for the money we spent on him, he needs to get up to fitness though, clearly off the pace.