Keep/Punt/Undecided

52 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Dundee United have the potential to be a really tidy club and team but they have some amount of dross. Don't know why yous don't just have a squad of 19-20 established lower prem / top end Championship players and then blood 5-6 youngsters from what has been a largely successful youth system.

Loemba, Bouhenna, Rabitsch.... who the fvck are these cvnts???

Because Laszlo signed a load of shite that we haven't been able to shift yet.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Dundee United have the potential to be a really tidy club and team but they have some amount of dross. Don't know why yous don't just have a squad of 19-20 established lower prem / top end Championship players and then blood 5-6 youngsters from what has been a largely successful youth system.

Loemba, Bouhenna, Rabitsch.... who the fvck are these cvnts???

7 of the players mentioned are out on loan, and only King and Murdoch are out of contract in the summer to the best of my knowledge. Our squad is massive because of Laszlo's poor summer combined with Neilson's efforts to improve the quality of the squad.

Also, our youth system hasn't been that great for a while now, our most successful product since relegation has been Jamie Robson for f**k sake.

Ignoring contracts and division we'll be in:

1. Benjamin Siegrist - PUNT 

2. Stewart Murdoch - PUNT 

3. Callum Booth - PUNT

4. Frederic Frans - PUNT

5. Adam Barton - PUNT

6. Lewis Toshney - PUNT 

7. Paul McMullan - KEEP 

8. Fraser Fyvie - KEEP 

9. Osman Sow - KEEP 

10. Nicky Clark - UNDECIDED

11.Billy King - PUNT

12. Sam Stanton - UNDECIDED

13. Morgaro Gomis - PUNT

14. Pavol Safranko - KEEP

15. Aidan Nesbitt - PUNT

16. Matty Smith - KEEP

17. Jamie Robson - KEEP

18. Calum Butcher - KEEP

19. Rachid Bouhenna - PUNT

20. Christoph Rabitsch - PUNT

22. Sam Wardrop - UNDECIDED

23. Thomas Scobbie - PUNT

24. William Edjenguele - PUNT 

25. Cammy Smith - KEEP

30. Mark Reynolds - KEEP

33. Fraser Aird - PUNT

34. Ross Laidlaw - PUNT 

44. Paul Watson - KEEP

47. Ian Harkes - KEEP

49. Charlie Seaman - PUNT

50. Peter Pawlett - KEEP

55. Mark Connolly - UNDECIDED

90. Yannick Loemba - PUNT

Qualifying the above generally, I think our defence has been dreadful, for all that we've lacked goal scoring at the other end. Not really impressed by the two new guys at centre half, but Reynolds looks more reliable/steady than Connolly. If we do by some chance go up, they won't do as a pairing.

Almost had Fyvie 'UNDECIDED' too, but hoping he can get by his injury fears and set backs.

On 15/04/2019 at 13:26, CC52 FFC said:

Burgoyne- Keep
Mitchell- Keep (Backup)
McGhee- Keep
Edge- Undecided
McKenna- Keep
Dixon- Keep
Robson- Keep (backup)
Osman- Keep
Petra- Keep
McShane-Keep
McLean- Undecided
Rudden- Keep
Todorov- Undecided
Waddington- Keep
Keillor-Dunn- Keep
McKee- Undecided (could look better in a good team)

My only concern is that just about everyone who has been a first team regular since January seems to be welcome to stay. In an 18 man first team squad, it would leave space for only 2 more (if the undecided stayed). Doesn’t really excite (DKD apart).

Fyvie has to go.  At the start of this season he was the player to build the team around; head and shoulders above anyone else at the club.  Sadly, very sadly, he’s now a liability as one or two cameo performances have illustrated.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My only concern is that just about everyone who has been a first team regular since January seems to be welcome to stay. In an 18 man first team squad, it would leave space for only 2 more (if the undecided stayed). Doesn’t really excite (DKD apart).

I'd keep everyone on his list apart from McLean & McKee. That would leave 4 places in an 18 man squad. If they could all be 1st picks we wouldn't be too far away I don't think. Plus there would possibly be two or three more in addition.

Not going to happen anyway as presumably some of the loans won't be returning and he's obviously going to dump Robson.

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

I didn't realise Safranko was on-loan at United. Hopefully Uncle Roy's millions can lure him to Dingwall (and Premiership football) over the summer. He'd be useful back-up to Billy Mckay.

I’ve seen some shit posts on here but I think this tops the lot. 

34 minutes ago, yoda said:

I didn't realise Safranko was on-loan at United. Hopefully Uncle Roy's millions can lure him to Dingwall (and Premiership football) over the summer. He'd be useful back-up to Billy Mckay.

21 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

I’ve seen some shit posts on here but I think this tops the lot. 

Spot on.  

AlsoI’m not sure how many millions it would take to lure a rational person to Dingwall.

13 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I’ve heard OFW is on £1,700 a week with a £700 appearance fee on top.

Fucking mental.  How long is his contract?  We've been trying to get rid of him for years.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Fyvie has to go.  At the start of this season he was the player to build the team around; head and shoulders above anyone else at the club.  Sadly, very sadly, he’s now a liability as one or two cameo performances have illustrated.

Ach, I dunno. He's not had a lot of game time and it was a terrible injury.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he could recover his form in the future once he gets fully fit. Or maybe not. Another barrier for him now is that the guys in front of him are far more mobile and better suited to playing in a two. Hard to see him getting a regular game even if he does get fit.

Against that, he's a very talented player who has the potential to dictate a game at this level and maybe even in the Premiership.

In conclusion, dunno.