Keep/Punt/Undecided

I've not been impressed with Darren McCauley since he signed.  As others have said he looks miles off it.  Perhaps he just hasn't got used to full time football yet.  Just reminds me of Curtis Allen who we signed from North Ireland; looked good over there but miles off it at a higher standard over here.

My keep/punt/undecided in reverse order;

Punt: Brad McKay, Shaun Rooney, Nathan Austin, Kevin McHattie.

Undecided;  Darren McCauley.  Give him a full time pre-season and see how he is.

Keep: Everyone else.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've not been impressed with Darren McCauley since he signed.  As others have said he looks miles off it.  Perhaps he just hasn't got used to full time football yet.  Just reminds me of Curtis Allen who we signed from North Ireland; looked good over there but miles off it at a higher standard over here.

My keep/punt/undecided in reverse order;

Punt: Brad McKay, Shaun Rooney, Nathan Austin, Kevin McHattie.

Undecided;  Darren McCauley.  Give him a full time pre-season and see how he is.

Keep: Everyone else.

I saw him on Saturday for the first time, he looks a bit heavy but obviously we've marked him as one for the future and a pre-season could make a difference.

i see what you are saying about Mckay, Rooney, Austin and McHattie but I'm not sure we'll be able to source players of a higher standard on our budget.  Austin has potential I think and Brad McKay is useful as he can cover right back and centre back, which is something else McHattie offers.  Rooney isn't great.

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Benji Siegrist - Punt:  I think there's a good keeper in there somewhere, but there have been far too many mistakes from him this season. Every time a corner or cross comes into the box it's a heart in mouth moment and I think that's testament to why he should go.

Callum Booth - Keep: I think he's been quite good since the turn of the year. Probably not too much better than Championship level, but has been solid for us recently.

Mark Connolly - Keep: He's a big improvement but is still prone to odd faux pas, the goal on Friday proves my point.

Mark Reynolds - Keep: He's been brilliant for us, hopefully, he stays and we can give him the captaincy. He could play for any side out of the top 4 in the Premiership.

Paul Watson - Undecided: He's a goal threat from corners but is probably best suited to being cover in this league, and I'd defo punt him if we did go up. He's not a particularly great a gash attacking Right-back, but I would keep him as cover if we stayed in Championship for another season.

Charlie Seaman - Keep: I really doubted him when he came up here, I thought he'd be Brandon Mason 2.0, and he was terrible in his first 3 games, however, I think he's came on leaps and bounds and would defo keep him if Bournemouth let us. He would need to bulk up a bit over the summer though.

Rachid Bouhenna - Undecided: I personally really like Bouhenna as a player, I think he's a decent passer who can build from the back and provide another aerial threat. However, he's just not been seen under Robbie, so I get the feeling he's on his way out.

Jamie Robson - Keep: If you asked me this in January, I would say punt ASAP. He was really lucky to stay at the club in January and not get punted to Brechin out on loan, and boy am I glad he's stayed.  Ever since the St Mirren cup game he's been playing with more creativity, he seems like he's got his confidence back. Moving him further forward has only added to that and I think has taken the pressure off him, as he's not being targeted for long balls by the opposition anymore.

Callum Butcher - Keep: I absolutely love the dirty b*****d. 100%.

Ian Harkes - Keep: He's definitely a player - had a poor game on Friday, but would be well suited to the Premiership, especially if he's got help from Butcher. Megnuts all the way.

Fraser Fyvie - Punt: I feel bad for him, but I think his career is finished, he just looks a liability anytime he comes on. 

Sam Stanton - Undecided: He's been pish this season, but it's probably worth keeping him as he's got a year left on his deal and if United are in this league, there's no point in Stanton going to a rival next season. And we know that he can play well. Albeit if United go up, I think he's defo a goner.

Jimmy Gomis - Punt: I think he's passed it now as well, unfortunately, but he's still a cult hero. Has the rare ability to shoot from 30 yards and end up in the Jerry Kerr.

Aiden Nesbitt - Punt: He looked promising, but I don't think he's good enough for us, having the inability to shoot it not something you want from an attacking midfielder.

Peter Pawlett - Undecided: He's been far too inconsistent for my liking, but does have the ability to have a moment of magic, for example away to Dunfermline. The jury is still out on him for me.

Yannick Loemba - Punt: Hopefully Celtic will be preparing their £3m bid and offer it any day now.

Cammy Smith - Keep:  I genuinely forgot United signed him. He's a quality player but hasn't played enough yet for us.

Nicky Clark - Keep: Dunfermline fans, ye raging aye?

Paul McMullan - Keep: See Clark. He's finally starting to show the potential that he's promised.

Pavol Safranko - Keep. We need to sign him in the summer. No Question about it.

Osman Sow - Keep: Purely for the money we spent on him, he needs to get up to fitness though, clearly off the pace.

Agree on almost all of these, however I’m unconvinced about Seaman and hoping that Harkes is just suffering from playing too much football at once.

Very unsure about Sow; though the biggest issue for me is having the right players to play whatever formation the manager (whoever it is) wants to play.

1. Benjamin Siegrist - PUNT - Another keeper that's gotten worse as the season has gone on.

2. Stewart Murdoch - PUNT - The first signing we made when we got relegated. Sums him up really.

3. Callum Booth - KEEP - Not bad, not great. does a job.

4. Frederic Frans - UNDECIDED - Didn't think he was that bad but results seem to say otherwise.

5. Adam Barton - PUNT - What a useless waste of a wage.

6. Lewis Toshney - PUNT - Injuries have ruined him.

7. Paul McMullan - KEEP - Play him centrally Robbie for f**k sake.

8. Fraser Fyvie - KEEP - Hopefully he can get himself back to full fitness and be as good as he once was.

9. Osman Sow - KEEP - Been useless so far but his recent history in Scottish football means I'm going to be more patient.

10. Nicky Clark - KEEP - Simply because everyone hates him.

11.Billy King - PUNT - Future Dunfermline player, calling it now.

12. Sam Stanton - KEEP - Been all over the place, 

13. Morgaro Gomis - PUNT - Fanwank signing.

14. Pavol Safranko - KEEP - Best player in the Championship

15. Aidan Nesbitt - UNDECIDED - Was good in his first two subbie appearances but has more or less vanished since then.

16. Matty Smith - KEEP - He's here for another year. For some reason.

17. Jamie Robson - KEEP - Let's play him on the left wing for a season and see what happens.

18. Calum Butcher - KEEP - He's a c**t. We need a c**t.

19. Rachid Bouhenna - KEEP - been alright when he wasn't playing Ayr United.

20. Christoph Rabitsch - PUNT - Nat 4 Calum Butcher.

22. Sam Wardrop - KEEP - Has been out for basically the whole season so hard to judge.

23. Thomas Scobbie - PUNT - f**k off you useless w**k.

24. William Edjenguele - PUNT - see Scobbie.

25. Cammy Smith - KEEP - But only if we play in his best position.

30. Mark Reynolds - KEEP - Because we are.

33. Fraser Aird - PUNT - Future Partick Thistle player.

34. Ross Laidlaw - PUNT - Not good enough to replace Siegrist. Says it all.

44. Paul Watson - UNDECIDED - Championship is probably his level.

47. Ian Harkes - KEEP - Will only get better.

49. Charlie Seaman - PUNT - Only because we won't get him back on loan and Liam Smith's coming in his position.

50. Peter Pawlett - KEEP - been inconsistent but still been very good.

55. Mark Connolly - KEEP - No nonsense. love it.

90. Yannick Loemba - PUNT - shite.

15 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Punt:
McKay, Rooney

Rooney was absolutely rotten in the semi final, get rid asap

15 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He's an awful player. Keeps getting another gig which is frankly astonishing.

He was terrible for us and i was gobsmacked when ICT signed him.

@D.A.F.C thinks it was a mistake for us to punt these guys because they've gone on to 'do well' at ICT.

23 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

See also; Austin, Nathan.

[mention=59448]D.A.F.C[/mention] thinks it was a mistake for us to punt these guys because they've gone on to 'do well' at ICT.
Not really I said ICT have done brilliantly to finish in the playoffs and get to a semi final despite only bring able to afford players like Rooney.

3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

To be honest Rooney has been quite good for us. Chipped in with 5 goals this season from right-back. He can’t defend though, and against the better teams he gets absolutely roasted. I’d punt him and try and sign a new first choice RB. I’d keep McKay as backup to Donaldson/McCart as he can play RB as well, despite being absolutely shite. I wouldn’t be against keeping McHattie either as he’s a backup and we aren’t going to get much better for that.

Keep: Ridgers, Tremarco, McKay, McCart, Donaldson, McHattie, Chalmers, Welsh, Walsh, Doran, White, McCauley (with a full pre-season) and McDonald (unlikely).

Punt: Polworth (going anyway), Rooney, Trafford, Austin, OFW, C. Mackay (we’re better off getting some cheap backup than him)

I’d like to see the young boys Hoban, Daniel Mckay, McGregor, Machado, Harper etc get a run in the league cup group games too.

Donaldson  and Walsh under contract? They have looked really good whenever I've seen you guys this season and I could see a bit of interest there.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, smpar said:
[mention=59448]D.A.F.C[/mention] thinks it was a mistake for us to punt these guys because they've gone on to 'do well' at ICT.

Not really I said ICT have done brilliantly to finish in the playoffs and get to a semi final despite only bring able to afford players like Rooney.

You said he was "good value for money" which was utter nonsense, like most of the drivel you post.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Donaldson  and Walsh under contract? They have looked really good whenever I've seen you guys this season and I could see a bit of interest there.

Both under contract for another season at least (possibly two in the case of Donaldson). Rumours that we've offered them extended deals on top of this.

25 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Punt: Polworth (going anyway), Rooney, Trafford, Austin, OFW, C. Mackay (we’re better off getting some cheap backup than him)

Completely forgot about OFW, if he's on as big a wage as rumoured then surely that opens money for 2/3 players? 

Nothings been announced regarding Polworth, but think he'll have asked his new club(St Johnstone?) to keep it quiet

There's a few players getting released from Utd that I could see at Dunfermline tbh. We desperately need wingers so wouldn't be averse to Aird and Nesbitt. 

Plz no King. 
Probably could say that for each team in the league. Every fan who has read this thread would have thought "he could do a job for us" when looking at someone else's punt list.

The championship merry go round. Don't you just love it ?

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

1. Benjamin Siegrist - PUNT - Another keeper that's gotten worse as the season has gone on.

2. Stewart Murdoch - PUNT - The first signing we made when we got relegated. Sums him up really.

4. Frederic Frans - UNDECIDED - Didn't think he was that bad but results seem to say otherwise.

8. Fraser Fyvie - KEEP - Hopefully he can get himself back to full fitness and be as good as he once was.

9. Osman Sow - KEEP - Been useless so far but his recent history in Scottish football means I'm going to be more patient.

15. Aidan Nesbitt - UNDECIDED - Was good in his first two subbie appearances but has more or less vanished since then.

17. Jamie Robson - KEEP - Let's play him on the left wing for a season and see what happens.

22. Sam Wardrop - KEEP - Has been out for basically the whole season so hard to judge.

49. Charlie Seaman - PUNT - Only because we won't get him back on loan and Liam Smith's coming in his position.

Description of rabitsch is amazing. 

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Dundee United have the potential to be a really tidy club and team but they have some amount of dross. Don't know why yous don't just have a squad of 19-20 established lower prem / top end Championship players and then blood 5-6 youngsters from what has been a largely successful youth system.

Loemba, Bouhenna, Rabitsch.... who the fvck are these cvnts???