The Champions vs Roaring Raith

44 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

But the majority of these projected fans will be the ones who stick by their club through the good times AND the bad, unlike some of the fair weather Raith "supporters" who are posting that they can't be bothered going to a match to support their team.

Maybe they should go roll their Easter eggs today, after all the sun is shining and the forecast is for showers tomorrow.

Easy coming from a fan who’s team have won the title , I’m simply not wasting my money on a team who don’t give a f@@k especially when the game is on the television. I’ve watched those full time charlatans getting out played week in week out by part time opposition for the last 2 seasons so sorry I’m giving the game a miss 

I looked for two seconds to see if someone was talking sense. Didn’t take longer than that to get an answer.

Right

For what it's worth I fully understand why Raith fans won't come through. Expect home crowd to be less too for same reasons

Would like to thank B.B.C. Alba for messing up my week-end by televising this game. Will not be able to make the journey to-morrow similar to many others. With the weather being glorious and us just having won the league I reckon we would have had a big turn-out.

I just hope that we are properly compensated for the revenue we will have lost through a reduced crowd and hospitality. As the money from the t.v. rights are put into a kitty to be divided by all the teams, t.v. is killing the game not helping it.

It must be a bit sickening for Arbroath to have this game on TV on a Sunday! There's no doubt this will reduce the crowd quite significantly and the fact the TV cash is shared equally amongst all the other teams means Arbroath will lost a decent bit of cash! Enjoy yer title winning celebrations all the same and I hope you beat Roaring back 3 fc

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Where have you appeared from? Probably a glory hunting Arbroath fan.

Nope, first went to glorious Gayfield when I was about 8 years old back in 1954 so have stuck with the Lichties through thick and thin for 65 years. My old man used to send me his version of match reports when I was abroad in the Army. No glory hunting,  just love the game and have always been proud to support my home town club.

31 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Nope, first went to glorious Gayfield when I was about 8 years old back in 1954 so have stuck with the Lichties through thick and thin for 65 years. My old man used to send me his version of match reports when I was abroad in the Army. No glory hunting,  just love the game and have always been proud to support my home town club.

Many games you been to this season?

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You make the Arbroath - Brechin last week?

Nope.  I was conveniently away for the weekend. ;)

(digging a muddy hole on a hill in the middle of nowhere)

Edited by Hedgecutter

25 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

But quite willing to call Rovers supporters not coming up tomorrow "fair weather fans." 

Nice one. 

Hypocrisy! Shameful hypocrisy!

It was never like this when I was a lad.

Nope.  I was conveniently away for the weekend. [emoji6]
(digging a muddy hole on a hill in the middle of nowhere)

Were there many there with you, as it was a poor turnout from the home support