The Champions vs Roaring Raith

14 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

It must be a bit sickening for Arbroath to have this game on TV on a Sunday! There's no doubt this will reduce the crowd quite significantly and the fact the TV cash is shared equally amongst all the other teams means Arbroath will lost a decent bit of cash! Enjoy yer title winning celebrations all the same and I hope you beat Roaring back 3 fc

Pretty sure the Money for winning the league will make up for it. ..

Nevermind the Championship riches next season.

Edited by Robertolichtie

Do you know what would make for an interesting spectacle - scoring a few goals. After being fairly prolific for the first 16 games, we’ve only managed more than one in the 17 games since on three occasions and gone scoreless in 5 of these. The fact we’ve taken enough points out of these games is testament to our excellent defence - which has also assumed goal scoring duties in addition. They’ve also demonstrated good organisation at the back with the offside trap. The TV viewers not to mention the home support deserve a decent display front and back from the home side - but Raith will have something to prove too.

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

Do you know what would make for an interesting spectacle - scoring a few goals. After being fairly prolific for the first 16 games, we’ve only managed more than one in the 17 games since on three occasions and gone scoreless in 5 of these. The fact we’ve taken enough points out of these games is testament to our excellent defence - which has also assumed goal scoring duties in addition. They’ve also demonstrated good organisation at the back with the offside trap. The TV viewers not to mention the home support deserve a decent display front and back from the home side - but Raith will have something to prove too.

It would appear there is a fairly distinct correlation between goals scored/ exciting games and who plays upfront for us....... :rolleyes: 

Now the league is won I expect Dick to change things up top and bring back in our non contributing strikers, and I'm afraid the result of that would be a maximum of 3 goals in the 3 remaining games.

You're playing against our defence today so don't worry I think that'll happen.

26 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dont have an issue with the fringe player playing in the last 2 games but i would like to see our strongest 11 today

Usual back 5
Gold whatley swanks denholm
Mckenna doris

Why would you set up to try and shitfest a 0-0 draw in a home game when we've already won the league?

We really should be showing more ambition than this IMO.

17 minutes ago, keptie said:

He's just upset you don't have Wallace in your team

I thought it would have been obvious! :D

I'd definitely have Omar in our strongest team after the last few weeks, I've never been a huge Omar fan but he's been excellent in the last 2/3 weeks and was absolutely outstanding against Montrose. He's definitely ahead of Danny Denholm in the pecking order currently for me.