Ayr vs Ross County

Yes but the law clearly states that throwing an object with excessive force is a red card offence. He throws the ball as hard as he can. He doesn’t just throw it softly. Brutality isn’t mentioned.

Ayr were very good for the first 20 mins and probably should have been a couple ahead, however after the half hour mark County got a grip of the midfield and absolutely destroyed us. No complaints about the result and County are easily the best side in this league with Gardyne being the classiest footballer in the league for me also.

Decent wee crowd down from Dingwall and I'm sure you all left happy enough.

Play offs now for us but hopefully our main players are back and the others get a decent rest, irrespective, it's been a very enjoyable season (Talbot aside) and also a great one for us, so nothing to moan about for a change !!!

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think you're getting confused here.

I suggest you check FIFA's regulations. You don't get violent conduct without either excessive force or brutality being specified by the referee. They are one and the same.

Ffs. I've tried to help you but you're clearly beyond redemption. Under Law 12 violent conduct is a red card. That's it. It might help if you read beyond the section on direct free kicks to the section on red cards.

And, just to be clear, throwing the ball into an opponent's face from a foot away is both excessive and brutal, if that were relevant. It's not, but if that was the criterion it would still be a red card.

Edited by Pull My Strings

We should scoosh this league then.

Oh aye I forgot all those goals you rattled past him when we met in the cup.

If you watched him every week you’d know he’s by far the best in the league in his position. Unfortunately he made an error last week that was televised and he didn’t cover himself in glory last night, again on the tele.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Oh aye I forgot all those goals you rattled past him when we met in the cup.

If you watched him every week you’d know he’s by far the best in the league in his position. Unfortunately he made an error last week that was televised and he didn’t cover himself in glory last night, again on the tele.

Aye, I also forgot about all those saves he had to pull off against us.

I was being tongue in cheek saying we'd scoosh the league btw.

Aye, I also forgot about all those saves he had to pull off against us.

I was being tongue in cheek saying we'd scoosh the league btw.

You should scoosh this league. We're all utter pish and there's going to be maybe 2 part time teams in the league next season.

Only thing that you'll have to contend with is the Arabs dollar which they'll use to pay off Neilson around October time.

You should scoosh this league. We're all utter pish and there's going to be maybe 2 part time teams in the league next season.

Only thing that you'll have to contend with is the Arabs dollar which they'll use to pay off Neilson around October time.
They'll need to improve big time to "skoosh" it though. One of the worst defensive performances I've witnessed all season was at home to Dundee. They'll rightfully be one of the strong favourites if they come down but I highly doubt they'll run away with it.

On 20/04/2019 at 19:07, WATTOO said:

Ayr were very good for the first 20 mins and probably should have been a couple ahead, however after the half hour mark County got a grip of the midfield and absolutely destroyed us. No complaints about the result and County are easily the best side in this league with Gardyne being the classiest footballer in the league for me also.

Decent wee crowd down from Dingwall and I'm sure you all left happy enough.

Play offs now for us but hopefully our main players are back and the others get a decent rest, irrespective, it's been a very enjoyable season (Talbot aside) and also a great one for us, so nothing to moan about for a change !!!

A decent player but doesn't help himself with all his moaning, even if he was right it appeared that the ref just wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt on any decision in the last half hour, shouldn't happen but refs are human like the rest of us.

On 4/20/2019 at 21:05, Loki said:

If Dundee have Jim McIntyre they won’t scoosh anything. Hopefully you keep Martin Woods too emoji2.png

Dundee are one of the worst teams we've played this season (3-0 pumping at Dens in the cup) and their record in the league is why they are where they are, as such I 100% agree that there is no reason whatsoever that they should "scoosh" the Championship next season and I'm sure even their fans would agree with this.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Dundee are one of the worst teams we've played this season (3-0 pumping at Dens in the cup) and their record in the league is why they are where they are, as such I 100% agree that there is no reason whatsoever that they should "scoosh" the Championship next season and I'm sure even their fans would agree with this.

They'll do what County did this season, although I think County had a better core of players.  They'll release all the overpaid dross, cut everyone's wages, and use the savings to sign up middle-to-top tier Championship players to replace them.

McIntyre knows the division and has been pretty successful in it.  I think Dundee will be a decent side next season - abysmal as they currently are, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

They'll do what County did this season, although I think County had a better core of players.  They'll release all the overpaid dross, cut everyone's wages, and use the savings to sign up middle-to-top tier Championship players to replace them.

McIntyre knows the division and has been pretty successful in it.  I think Dundee will be a decent side next season - abysmal as they currently are, I agree.

The one thing that this season has taught me is that the actual "gulf in class" between supposed league 1 and Premier standard players can easily be bridged if you have a Manager who's tactically aware, players who are willing to listen and play to a system and generally give their all for the jersey.

I'd say Alloa and ourselves from the first half of the season were great examples of this and on the flip side the likes of Partick and Falkirk have proven that budgets and reputations mean absolutely nothing if the players and Manager aren't on the same sheet or totally dedicated.

Congratulations by the way on getting it done officially and there's no doubt that your team thoroughly deserved to be Champions as you've consistently been the best side over the season.