Ayr vs Ross County

What caused Muirheads melt down?

Enjoyed last night. I had my two girls with me and they had a blast. Some guys at end were high fiving them. They were singing and youngest yelling at ref, a proud moment! She also had her shoes off during the singing! Thanks to the Ayr fan from Linlithgow for making sure we knew where we were going.

I missed the red incident, could it be the way and intent that he launched it? 

A lot of work to be done if we are not going to end up in a relegation dog fight!

For the equaliser, when Doohan pushed the ball out, Stewart's hand definitely moved towards it and he deflected it into the path of Graham who popped it in. Surprised none of our players appealed for it. Ref seemed to be unsighted, don't know about the linesman. Having said that RC deserved the win, but how many times this season have we lost or drawn from winning positions?

Madness from Doc at the end. We need every player we have at the moment, what with yet another mini injury crisis. Now Moff seems to be carrying a knock and it looks like Shankland might still be out for Tuesday. Wish we could get this one point we need to cement top 4, or (more likely) Dunfermline drop points. 

Even if we get there and even if we get everybody fit, I can't see us doing much in the playoffs against ICT . We just can't seem to get a win against them this season even when they're playing crap.

Congratulations to RC, definitely deserved to win the league. Best team by a comfortable margin. 

Tbf we’ve only lost or drawn from a winning position 5 times this season. In fact until the Dundee Utd game last week we hadn’t lost a game from a winning position.

A collection of thoughts:

I thought County were quite good, bar a wee spell around the Ayr United goal. A really good turnout and it was a fun evening at Somerset Park! Give Brian Graham chances and he'll take them, that's something we've maybe not done enough of this season when he's played. Ross Stewart wins everything in the air, it is absolutely obscene how good he is at getting his head on a punted ball. Tom Grivosti was an absolute colossus at the back, he's a star; he was winning tackles then spraying passes, or charging forward, or pinging one off the bar from 30 yards. Mullin and Gardyne are such exciting players to watch, particularly when they team up on the same side, we're spoilt with them. Jamie Lindsay obviously loves Ross County, he was absolutely beaming when he came off the park!

That's it, game over. Harder work than it perhaps should have been but I don't particularly care at this point in time. 

Cuntish behaviour like that deserves a red IMO, no point showing aggression after the game when we've been sadly lacking it in matches for quite a while.

Dinnae be daft, of course it's violent conduct.

Depends if it was reckless or excessive force. If he’s deliberately thrown the ball at him then it’s a red but if he’s just chucked it away and he’s not seen the RC player then it’s a booking.

I’ve not seen the incident so I’ve no idea.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depends if it was reckless or excessive force. If he’s deliberately thrown the ball at him then it’s a red but if he’s just chucked it away and he’s not seen the RC player then it’s a booking.

It's a red then.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I've not seen it either but the proposition was that throwing the ball at another player isn't violent conduct. That's just silly. 

12 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I've not seen it either but the proposition was that throwing the ball at another player isn't violent conduct. That's just silly.

Is it really? Out of curiosity was it excessive force or brutality? 

Players shove one another or move towards one another to butt heads all the time. I've never seen anyone red carded for a shove. I could argue quite easily that a shove is worse than throwing a ball at someone.

Why the different punishment? The red is for the melee that ensues afterwards imo. I assume 31 from Ross County was booked as well?

Edited by Trogdor

Players shove one another or move towards one another to butt heads all the time. I've never seen anyone red carded for a shove. I could argue quite easily that a shove is worse than throwing a ball at someone.
Why the different punishment? The red is for the melee that ensues afterwards imo. I assume 31 from Ross County was booked as well?

You must surely be trolling now. He throws the ball in Armstrong’s face. Of course that’s what the red card was for.

Armstrong’s actually pretty restrained in his reaction - albeit it’s much easier after you’ve won the match, I suppose.

37 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You're getting a bit confused here. Striking somebody with the ball is violent conduct which is an offence in its own right. Considerations of excessive force or brutality only come into it when talking about otherwise legitimate actions - throwing an object into an opponent's face isn't ever allowed, irrespective of the degree of force used.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

You're getting a bit confused here. Striking somebody with the ball is violent conduct which is an offence in its own right. Considerations of excessive force or brutality only come into it when talking about otherwise legitimate actions - throwing an object into an opponent's face isn't ever allowed, irrespective of the degree of force used.

I think you're getting confused here.

I suggest you check FIFA's regulations. You don't get violent conduct without either excessive force or brutality being specified by the referee. They are one and the same.