Ayr vs Ross County

How the f**k is that a red card for Docherty, in what sense is throwing the ball at someone excessive violent conduct [emoji23].

One of the harshest red cards ever if you ask me, don't think the subsequent WW3 helped his cause.

4 hours ago, Spain said:

In around 3 minutes time I'll be putting my full support behind Ayr United for the rest of the season.

Don't put yourself through it, it's not worth it.  We have five games left to lose and that's us done. 

How the f**k is that a red card for Docherty, in what sense is throwing the ball at someone excessive violent conduct [emoji23].

One of the harshest red cards ever if you ask me, don't think the subsequent WW3 helped his cause.
Was this after the game?

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

How the f**k is that a red card for Docherty, in what sense is throwing the ball at someone excessive violent conduct emoji23.png.

When was this?

Docherty incident is right at the end of the highlights, only found out about an hour after the game that he'd got sent off after FT. I'm presuming that was the incident he got sent off for unless something else happened afterwards. Was added to the BBC match report a short while later.

Edited by rb123!

For the equaliser, when Doohan pushed the ball out, Stewart's hand definitely moved towards it and he deflected it into the path of Graham who popped it in. Surprised none of our players appealed for it. Ref seemed to be unsighted, don't know about the linesman. Having said that RC deserved the win, but how many times this season have we lost or drawn from winning positions?

Madness from Doc at the end. We need every player we have at the moment, what with yet another mini injury crisis. Now Moff seems to be carrying a knock and it looks like Shankland might still be out for Tuesday. Wish we could get this one point we need to cement top 4, or (more likely) Dunfermline drop points. 

Even if we get there and even if we get everybody fit, I can't see us doing much in the playoffs against ICT . We just can't seem to get a win against them this season even when they're playing crap.

Congratulations to RC, definitely deserved to win the league. Best team by a comfortable margin. 

He threw the ball right in Armstrong’s face. I don’t think he can have any complaints at all. Very strange behaviour.

I was pretty steaming but from memory he launched it right at Armstrong. There didn't seem to be anything that caused it that I saw.

Thought we started well, then Ayr scored but to the team's credit the heads did not go down and Midge and Mullin caused carnage. Ayr looked like a team running on fumes at times and their defending was awful on several occasions.

Disappointed we were in the seating section and not the terracing but you can't have it all, I guess.

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

When was throwing the ball at someone violent conduct? Easily overturned on appeal me thinks.

There have been cases of this before (one at Tynecastle springs to mind) and they've been straight reds.

6 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

There have been cases of this before (one at Tynecastle springs to mind) and they've been straight reds.

I dont see how it is violent conduct though. Throwing a ball off someones napper is not going to cause them physical harm. Its clear you shouldnt do it but not on a par with punching someone on the face or grabbing their throat imo.