Ayr vs Ross County

On 15/04/2019 at 17:17, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, needing one win from Queens (H) and Falkirk (A) would be a massive challenge.

Edited: BBC hadn't updated the league table, so I was talking mince. 

Edited by G_&_T
BBC's league table hadn't been updated

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ross County will easily improve the Premiership next season and are miles better than Dundee or St Mirren.  Not so convinced by Ayr.  They play some tidy football but are too easily bullied.

County are the best team in the poorest Championship in many a year. They'll have to do a lot of work to not be in a relegation battle next season - Lindsay is the only guy that's not a lower bottom six player. 

Fair play County, by the way.

Probably the most consistent team (obvious considering how just won the league...) and I did enjoy the county fans singing ‘shoes up’, good effort making the trip for the game.

For next season, we need to learn a thing or two from some of the teams around us. We look physically smaller, and while we play good football at times, we struggle with the more ‘agricultural’ games and we need some physical, no nonsense players through the spine of the team who can deal with that.

I like our style, I think we’re a good footballing team, but I think we’ve lost out due to a lack of physicality at times.

Freshen the team up, try some new options and rest the tired legs these next few games. We look tired, a lot of football has been played this month and it’s took its toll.

County are the best team in the poorest Championship in many a year. They'll have to do a lot of work to not be in a relegation battle next season - Lindsay is the only guy that's not a lower bottom six player. 

Yes. This.

Can’t really complain tonight. Thought we played well in spells but County are just a better team with something to play for whereas we don’t.

Big overreaction from some of our support tonight on Facebook though considering tonight was a free hit.

Tremendous.

When I look back over the course of the season there were a number of moments when I thought it will be our year.

The 5-1  hammering of Dundee United.

3-1 down away to Ayr, but we pulled it back to 3-3.

2-0 down away to Partick, but we won 2-4.

0-1 up away to ICT.  Fox saves a penalty and we go on and win 1-2

The 3-2 home win v Ayr United. It was a great game and Billy grabbed the winner but broke his arm

The decisive moment was Jamie Lyndsays equaliser in the 93rd minute against Dundee United in the recent 1-1 game.

Bigger clubs than Ross County have failed to get out of this league at the first attempt but we are on the cusp of doing it at the first time of asking.

Edited by silver

Tremendous.
When I look back over the course of the season there were a number of moments when I thought it will be our year.
The 5-1  hammering of Dundee United.
3-1 down away to Ayr, but we pulled it back to 3-3.
2-0 down away to Partick, but we won 2-4.
1-0 down to ICT, but Fox saves a penalty and we won 1-2
The 3-2 home win v Ayr United. It was a great game and Billy grabbed the winner but broke his arm
The decisive moment was Jamie Lyndsays equaliser in the 93rd minute against Dundee United in the recent 1-1 game.
Bigger clubs than Ross County have struggled to get out of this league but we are on the cusp of doing atthe first time of asking.

It’s funny how success in sport is made up of these wee moments. I actually think the 3-3 game was a significant sign that a sustained challenge to the end of the season was beyond us. I have no qualms with County going up, just a shame I’ve not been to Dingwall yet.

It’s funny how success in sport is made up of these wee moments. I actually think the 3-3 game was a significant sign that a sustained challenge to the end of the season was beyond us. I have no qualms with County going up, just a shame I’ve not been to Dingwall yet.

Aye any push we were making died in that 3-3 draw.

Aye the second half there was the start of the end of our challenge

Aye any push we were making died in that 3-3 draw.

That, and the postponement of the ICT game fucked any momentum we could have got off the back of the Tannadice game. Still been one of my most enjoyable seasons as an Ayr fan though.

I see the league cup starts in mid-July again. Depending on runs in the play offs, could that mean that a team effectively only has 5/6 weeks of an off/pre-season? No wonder players drop like flies around Xmas, they’re all fucked!

In around 3 minutes time I'll be putting my full support behind Ayr United for the rest of the season.
Snap. Well the next 3 games anyway, I couldn't care how they do in the play-offs. Would prefer Caley go up purely down to the geography.