Ayr vs Ross County

The first of 4 pretty insignificant games for us which I’m expecting very little from. RC can’t mathematically win the league here but a win pretty much wraps it up given their goal difference.

I though we played well in the first half against Dundee Utd but slowly got more and more tired as the game went on so I’d be making quite a few changes here just to give some players a much needed rest.

Doohan

Smith

Muirhead

Rose

Harvie

Murdoch

Docherty

Crawford

Miller

Moore

Cadden

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Considering how we played in the Partick game and our team looked absolutely knackered I can see this being a 0-0.

I'd take that now.  Ayr looked alright in the first half against Dundee United.  If they play like that again, they'll get a couple of goals, unless Scott Fox bails us out again.

I think SK/SF need to rotate the team a bit. I wasn't at the last two games but from what I saw versus DU, and from what I've heard about DA and PT, some players a looking very fatigued.

I'd go:

Fox

Fraser Boyle Grivosti Kelly

Mullin Cowie Paton Armstrong

McManus Graham

Subs: Munro, Fontaine, Murray, Lindsay, Gardyne, Stewart, Wallace

However, I expect we'll see some variation on the team that started versus PT. I should be going to this one, so my first league game since the 2-4 at Firhill (and only my 8th game of the season that I've actually attended).

With a few extra days rest I'd generally stick with the general jist of the team, but definitely think we should be using Armstrong's fresh legs in the first half. I'd still heavily advocate playing Mullin Gardyne & Armstrong in behind Stewart.

Increasingly getting a feeling that this is going to end 0-0 and Caley are going to roll over for United to give them a chance of them catching us.

With a few extra days rest I'd generally stick with the general jist of the team, but definitely think we should be using Armstrong's fresh legs in the first half. I'd still heavily advocate playing Mullin Gardyne & Armstrong in behind Stewart.

I think 3,000 people advocate that. Or Paton in the hole. A couple of players running on empty at the moment.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Increasingly getting a feeling that this is going to end 0-0 and Caley are going to roll over for United to give them a chance of them catching us.

Sorry but that is daft talk.

None of them likes losing, and professional footballers generally have more pride and integrity than to throw a game.

Yeah, needing one win from Queens (H) and Falkirk (A) would be a massive challenge.

We've already lost to Bad Falkirk down there. Would quite like to have things wrapped up before then.

Honest edit: No we didn't, it obviously just felt like it!

We've already lost to Bad Falkirk down there. Would quite like to have things wrapped up before then. 
Honest edit: No we didn't, it obviously just felt like it!

Vigurs scored a beauty to get us a scarcely deserved draw.

Ross County fans seem to be pretty doubtful of getting anything against us but i'd be genuinely amazed and surprised if we got a draw never mind a win.

We're gash at home 9 times out of 10 end of and have the huge problem of what to do with Shankland, imo McCall is between a rock and a hard place because the boy is shot of confidence so should be dropped but that'll  put him down even more. Plus to get over this he needs to play games and try to score. 

I genuinely do think he just needs one good game with a couple of goals and his confidence will come right back, he's one of those players where when confident he can't be stopped but when he has lost his confidence he puts himself down so much he struggles to get it back, that's how he ended up leaving Aberdeen.

I'll take another 3-3 as per the December game. That was a cracking game (as badly as it was reffed).

In all honesty, I'll take anything that gets us closer to the title. We've been poor. Ayr have been completely gash. Let's hope somehow it creates a wonderful match where Sean Kelly somehow looks good and Lawrence Shankland can't play due to a mystery illness that lasts from 6-10pm on Friday night.

Should either focus on resting up for the playoffs or trying to find a combination that works up top.  Miller and Moffat have both looked good recently, maybe there is something there.