The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Your fans certainly weren't under the impression they're giving off now in those games though, were they? 

I've read that three times now, and I still don't understand it. Maybe I just can't hear you all the way from the Championship.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

I've read that three times now, and I still don't understand it. Maybe I just can't hear you all the way from the Championship.

That's a bigger deflection than Steve Clarke uses when your team get pumped. Kudos. 

There's an awful lot of "just watched the highlights" on here.
Those who actually watched the game realise just how badly it was managed by McLean. There are some dubious calls in the big decisions, but it is the sum of all the decisions which makes it farcical.

Exactly this. I can see why Broadfoot got a red - don’t agree with it but I can see why. To be honest the Broadfoot red didn’t change the game too much with Dicker dropping in and McKenzie and Burke coming deeper. Our plan was clearly to sit in and counter and the first red only made that a wee bit harder.

The second red is a red.

No idea about McKenzie’s.

The inconsistency was the worst thing - Cosgrove got away with it, Shinnie should’ve been booked a lot sooner and the Boyd thing at the end just summed it all up.

If the main decisions had gone the other way and Aberdeen lost the game finishing with 8 men then they would be the ones complaining and we would be the ones rubbing it in on here and making references to heads gones and salty tears. That’s just the nature of football.

On 06/10/2018 at 16:57, kennysmassiveego said:

Good to see McCann taking the loss as well as ever 

On 06/10/2018 at 16:59, kevthedee said:
On 06/10/2018 at 16:57, kennysmassiveego said:
Good to see McCann taking the loss as well as ever 

When the referee rewards a player for cheating I would expect my manager to be giving him a mouthful

On 06/10/2018 at 17:02, kennysmassiveego said:

Not when your manager is Sir Steve Clarke 

A great exchange from earlier in the season.

The management of a game by a referee is a less tangible, but probably more important thing, and one which it’s pretty much impossible to tell from highlights.

I watched the second half on a dodgy stream and could tell the players were rattled up from the first. The ref didn’t look in control at all and was chasing the game.

which is yET ANOTHER REASON WHY VAR WOULD BE SHITE...!!

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

For what it's worth, I have absolutely no idea how anyone can possibly think McKenzie's red is the correct decision.

Theres no decent clip of it, but it looks like he kicks out and tries to stamp.

Looked to me like he had one, maybe two kick outs at the player on the ground.
Not saying they were particularly brutal or anything, but a bit of a silly thing to do right in front of the ref.

It has to be "excessive force and brutality" for a red card for violent conduct.

It has to be "excessive force and brutality" for a red card for violent conduct.

If Morelos on first day of season is not a Red. The “authorities” (stop laughing) will rescind the 3rd Red.

Interesting there are still some arguing about the first Red. Interesting ? Sorry I mean Baffling, no I mean Mental.

Mental.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:
Not saying they were particularly brutal or anything, but a bit of a silly thing to do right in front of the ref.

Excessive is defined as "more force than necessary". 

How hard do you need to kick a prone opponent off the ball? 

Morelos is a shit precedent and his red should have stood. 

All that said, I couldn't see any kick from the Killie boy at all. 

As an Ayr fan I obviously love it when Killie get beat but I thought the Broadfoot tackle did not merit a red although he could have been sent of previously with his persistent fouling but lads please get that Gordon Sawyers c**t to f**k,total embarrassment

As an Ayr fan I obviously love it when Killie get beat but I thought the Broadfoot tackle did not merit a red although he could have been sent of previously with his persistent fouling but lads please get that Gordon Sawyers c**t to f**k,total embarrassment

He was banned by the club for a few months last season, and generally has the piss taken out of him by a large chunk of our away support.

I'm not sure what else we can do if he's behaving himself.

11 minutes ago, Superayr97 said:

Broaders does play on the, he's just clumsy routine and gets off with a fair bit.

Gordy is putting it on now, his first videos were genuine but he's at it now.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:
9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If you’re quoting the exact wording of the laws of the game, why don’t you try the one that says an indirect free kick is to be awarded when a goalkeeper holds on to the ball for more than six seconds from the first contact with his hands.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If you’re quoting the exact wording of the laws of the game, why don’t you try the one that says an indirect free kick is to be awarded when a goalkeeper holds on to the ball for more than six seconds from the first contact with his hands.

Because that's not the wording of the rule, and it's completely irrelevant to the discussion anyway?