The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

4 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

McKenzie appeal was winnable. I don’t understand the clubs logic on the Broadfoot one. We’ve just lost him for extra games now.

No we haven't, he would still have got a 3 match ban regardless due to his previous Red against Celtic......

Fast Track Tribunal hearings were held over the red cards shown to Kirk Broadfoot and Rory McKenzie during Saturday's post-split clash with Aberdeen at Rugby Park.

The club can confirm Rory McKenzie's sending off for Violent Conduct has been reduced to a caution for unsporting behaviour and the player is now available for this weekend's game at Celtic Park.

However the panel upheld the referee's decision to show a red card to Kirk Broadfoot for Serious Foul Play and the defender is now banned for our next three Ladbrokes Premiership matches.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

However the panel upheld the referee's decision to show a red card to Kirk Broadfoot for Serious Foul Play and the defender is now banned for our next three Ladbrokes Premiership matches.

D4_hDK6XoAEt7-H.jpg

Guest Moomintroll

The correct decisions in my opinion, not really sure why we appealed Broadfoots red card, that switch of leg to challenge was not a good look.

Steve Clarke’s hearing should be interesting, charged with inferring that the referee was incompetent or biased?
I defy anyone to watch that entire game and not believe The referee was one or the other.
I have no great disagreement with the cards, another referee may not have felt the need for them but Mr McLean had obviously decided to act on the letter of the law on every occasion, but only against one team.
Sam Cosgrove being the most blatant example when he gets booked, has a second bookable tackle a minute later and then gets Findlay in a headlock a minute after that.
Incompetent or biased ?

Steve Clarke’s hearing should be interesting, charged with inferring that the referee was incompetent or biased?
I defy anyone to watch that entire game and not believe The referee was one or the other.
I have no great disagreement with the cards, another referee may not have felt the need for them but Mr McLean had obviously decided to act on the letter of the law on every occasion, but only against one team.
Sam Cosgrove being the most blatant example when he gets booked, has a second bookable tackle a minute later and then gets Findlay in a headlock a minute after that.
Incompetent or biased ?

It’s not a case of whether he’s got a point or not though, is it?

He’s made a personal attack on the ref publicly and suggested he should never referee Kilmarnock games. He will rightly be punished.

It’s not a case of whether he’s got a point or not though, is it?

He’s made a personal attack on the ref publicly and suggested he should never referee Kilmarnock games. He will rightly be punished.

Even if he is right ?

Even if he is right ?

Yes.

I don’t have a problem with him criticising his performance and I agree with killie fans on a lot of their complaints, but you can’t publicly question his integrity and request he doesn’t do killie games. That’s not on.

Guest Moomintroll

Yes.

I don’t have a problem with him criticising his performance and I agree with killie fans on a lot of their complaints, but you can’t publicly question his integrity and request he doesn’t do killie games. That’s not on.
Fwiw, I agree. SSC isn't stupid, he knows that any punishment will be minimal & he won't mind being banished to the stands for a few games as it will allow Lord Dyer to spread his wings for a bit. The next time the rugrat referees a Killie game just watch all those 50/50 decisions go our way as he subconsciously proves he is not biased against us as a result of his family connections. It is classic Mourinho.

59 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Even if he is right ?

He's not even right. 

He maybe has a right to feel aggrieved and disagree with decisions. He has no right to ask for special treatment for Kilmarnock on the basis of imagined bias.

The repeated suggestion from killie fans that mcclean was biased towards cosgrove is just nuts. He already sent him off this season for nothing. 

Guest Moomintroll
He's not even right. 
He maybe has a right to feel aggrieved and disagree with decisions. He has no right to ask for special treatment for Kilmarnock on the basis of imagined bias.

The repeated suggestion from killie fans that mcclean was biased towards cosgrove is just nuts. He already sent him off this season for nothing. 

As you will see from my posts in this thread I am pretty even handed about the whole thing. I would suggest that Cosgrove wasn't sent off if McLean knew he had fucked up in the game you are talking about as it would have been in the bavk of his mind, he 100% should have been off as Broadfoot & Findlay rightly were.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, coprolite said:
He's not even right. 

As you will see from my posts in this thread I am pretty even handed about the whole thing. I would suggest that Cosgrove wasn't sent off if McLean knew he had fucked up in the game you are talking about as it would have been in the bavk of his mind, he 100% should have been off as Broadfoot & Findlay rightly were.

If it makes you feel better

10 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Incompetent or biased ?

Apparently SC has Paul Gilroy QC representing him at the hearing again......

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes.

Fwiw, I agree. SSC isn't stupid, he knows that any punishment will be minimal & he won't mind being banished to the stands for a few games as it will allow Lord Dyer to spread his wings for a bit. The next time the rugrat referees a Killie game just watch all those 50/50 decisions go our way as he subconsciously proves he is not biased against us as a result of his family connections. It is classic Mourinho.

It won’t be minimal though. He already has two games suspended which will be brought into play when he is found guilty, plus at least another three or four, as what he said about McLean is about as bad a thing to say about a referee by a manager as is possible.The thing Clarke is thinking is that he won’t be in the Scottish leagues next season, so he doesn’t care.