The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If you’re quoting the exact wording of the laws of the game, why don’t you try the one that says an indirect free kick is to be awarded when a goalkeeper holds on to the ball for more than six seconds from the first contact with his hands.

Aye, because failure to enforce one law properly is a viable argument against enforcing the rest.

Folk do realise that the referee has to interpret the law? Obviously McLean thought that Eggfoot was going in on the goalie with excessive force and brutality. Lewis was on the ground, Eggfoot slid in on him at speed, studs up, nowhere near the ball.

Excessive and brutal.

I used to be in the 'Kirk Broadfoot LOL' camp too, but since he joined Killie and having watched him weekly it's clear he's an excellent defender for this level - so much so that he'd stroll into the Aberdeen defence ahead of guys like Considine. He also keeps himself ridiculously fit, and is probably one of the fittest players at the club which will see him good for the next few seasons at least.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk do realise that the referee has to interpret the law? Obviously McLean thought that Eggfoot was going in on the goalie with excessive force and brutality. Lewis was on the ground, Eggfoot slid in on him at speed, studs up, nowhere near the ball.

Excessive and brutal.

Endandering an opponent; serious foul play.

Excessive and brutal.

If you were actually reading the thread you'd have noted that we were discussing the McKenzie red card, not the Broadfoot one.

The discussion of "excessive force and brutality" in that context related to violent conduct, not serious foul play, although it applies in both cases.

Guest Bob Mahelp
43 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

I used to be in the 'Kirk Broadfoot LOL' camp too, but since he joined Killie and having watched him weekly it's clear he's an excellent defender for this level - so much so that he'd stroll into the Aberdeen defence ahead of guys like Considine. He also keeps himself ridiculously fit, and is probably one of the fittest players at the club which will see him good for the next few seasons at least.

Your comment shows that you know f*ck all about Considine.  He's fit, experienced, reliable and if you watched him regularly you would know that he rarely makes a mistake.

The only thing that has let him down throughout his career is his lack of pace, but for the SPL level he's an excellent defender. He's probably a similar player to Clubfoot actually.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If you were actually reading the thread you'd have noted that we were discussing the McKenzie red card, not the Broadfoot one.

The discussion of "excessive force and brutality" in that context related to violent conduct, not serious foul play, although it applies in both cases.

Can having a kick out at someone not be interpreted as violent conduct?

Just now, craigkillie said:
21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Can having a kick out at someone not be interpreted as violent conduct?

If it is done with excessive force and brutality.

Its completely subjective though, hence the use of laws and not rules.  People (ie fans) arguing what is and and what is not excessive or brutal is neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Aye, because failure to enforce one law properly is a viable argument against enforcing the rest.

My point is that a referee can interpret one of the laws as he sees fit at the time. There is no black and white here.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Your comment shows that you know f*ck all about Considine.  He's fit, experienced, reliable and if you watched him regularly you would know that he rarely makes a mistake.

The only thing that has let him down throughout his career is his lack of pace, but for the SPL level he's an excellent defender. He's probably a similar player to Clubfoot actually.

Scores more. Hat trick hero. 

I wasn't actually having a go at Considine in my post, it was more of a case of defending Kirk Broadfoot.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My point is that a referee can interpret one of the laws as he sees fit at the time. There is no black and white here.

He can but there needs to be a bit of comparison and common sense. Was mckenzie's kick out more or less excessive or brutal than morelos attempted boot at Mckenna first game of the season? Morelos got that one rescinded therefore this one should be aswell.   

I was more aggrieved that like for like challenges/incidents on both sides were punished differently. The game was going to be 0-0 all day and only a mistake by Mulumbu leading to the corner cost us really. 

I wasn't actually having a go at Considine in my post, it was more of a case of defending Kirk Broadfoot.

If you slander Considine you slander every big posh Deeside lump who had a dream of heiding balls for the Dons. Comparisons with tinky egg boys with sectarian pasts will be taken as such.