The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Just watched SC make his post match interview. What an absolute disgrace, he should quite rightly be heavily punished.

He's a classless fuckwit.  That interview was cringeworthy. 

It was three clear reds as well - not sure what the issue Clarke has other than complete deflection/heads gone. Boyd was very fortunate not to get sent off for his elbow as well.

Killie clearly went out to try and target Cosgrove off the ball and he was possibly bit lucky not to get a second yellow.  His first yellow was an absolute joke though.

Clarke is going to get shagged for that

off the ball and he was possibly bit lucky not to get a second yellow.  His first yellow was an absolute joke though.

Fair enough here.

It was three clear reds as well

Behave. Broadfoot and McKenzie were yellows at best. SC right to be seething, but his comments reek of 1+1=3

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Behave. Broadfoot and McKenzie were yellows at best. SC right to be seething, but his comments reek of 1+1=3

I'm not sure how you can say Broadfoot's wasn't a red. 

He led with a stretched left leg into Lewis's face when the ball was already was in his arms. It wasn't even a 50/50, and it was the equivalent of a shin-high tackle on a player who had already got rid of the ball. Lewis was lucky not to be seriously injured. 

I'll give you that McKenzie's could well have been a yellow. The fact that he had 2 kicks at Ball and had obviously lost the plot probably cost him though.

As stand-alone incidents, McLean probably got all 3 correct. 

The first two reds are clear as day - both the straight red and second yellow are totally correct.

The third is a shiter, it's a yellow, if even that.

Cosgrove should definitely have walked before the Broadfoot red, though. He's a handful for defenders at the best of times because he's physical and big, but add into it that he's an irredeemable bellend in his on-pitch conduct and you have a guy that opposition supporters love to hate.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That doesn't make sense. 

Granda, don’t do it. He comes on to Aberdeen threads looking for bites, you know that. It’s taken me a while to stop responding to him, but I think I’ve got it now. You know it makes sense. (I’m probably lying)

Cosgrove was lucky to stay on the pitch - he was booked after a number of fouls and then made a foul worthy of a booking straight afterwards. Wrong decision. 

Devlin - yellow card. Correct decision. 

Broadfoot -  attempts to go for the ball with his right foot for approx 0.1 seconds, realises he isn't near it and deliberately attempts to hurt with Lewis with his left. Red card and extended ban.

Findlay - Puts his head into Cosgrove's chest and then pushes him with 2 hands - Possible red card and lucky to get a yellow. 2nd foul - was a definite yellow. No argument.  

McKenzie - Loses a 50/50 with Ball, has a petulant kick out at Dom. If it was up to me, it wouldn't be a red, but if you kick an opponent, you leave the ref with no choice. 

Sir Steve would be better looking at his players instead of the ref. Although, he is understandably trying to deflect from the fact that his tactics weren't working even when it was 11v11. 

Guest Moomintroll
Cosgrove was lucky to stay on the pitch - he was booked after a number of fouls and then made a foul worthy of a booking straight afterwards. Wrong decision. 
Devlin - yellow card. Correct decision. 
Broadfoot -  attempts to go for the ball with his right foot for approx 0.1 seconds, realises he isn't near it and deliberately attempts to hurt with Lewis with his left. Red card and extended ban.
Findlay - Puts his head into Cosgrove's chest and then pushes him with 2 hands - Possible red card and lucky to get a yellow. 2nd foul - was a definite yellow. No argument.  
McKenzie - Loses a 50/50 with Ball, has a petulant kick out at Dom. If it was up to me, it wouldn't be a red, but if you kick an opponent, you leave the ref with no choice. 
Sir Steve would be better looking at his players instead of the ref. Although, he is understandably trying to deflect from the fact that his tactics weren't working even when it was 11v11. 
Broadfoots foul worried me, no need to try and injure a fellow player like that. He has been excellent for us this year but that was bullshit.

Just seen sportscene. Lillie boys and SC should be hugely embarrassed by their mewing. 

Cosgrove's first booking was pathetic and the one that "he should of been aff", was a bit late, studs on the turf and a wee trip. 

That disgusting c**t went over the ball into the keepers face. 

Fair play, f**k knows what the third was for. 

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Before Steve Clarke arrived and made Killie the third fourth fifth sixth a force in Scottish football again, their fans - at least the majority who posted on P&B-  were fairly sensible and reasonable.

However, since then they have turned into an entitled, self righteous, opinionated bunch, very reminiscient of the fans of the gruesome twosome.

Cause everybody wants to be a winner
Nobody wants to lose their game
It's the same for me
It's the same for you
It's insane insane insane insane insane
Insane insane insane insane insane insane

McElhone, Spiteri

Absolute heads gone from Clarke.

Having watched the highlights he’s got a few grumbles to be fair. But there’s no excuse for such a public assassination of a ref I’m afraid. You just can’t do that.

I think cosgrove is fortunate not to be sent off tbh, but his first yellow is a nothing so justice done there for me.

I don’t really want to see red cards for what Broadfoot did, I don’t think there’s any intent there he’s just clumsy. Findlay is probably fair enough as a second yellow. McKenzie it’s quite difficult to judge what actually happened.

They’re all relatively marginal and they’ve all come down in our favour so we are fortunate there. Great result but let’s be honest not a classic.