The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

Guest Bob Mahelp

Loads of great 'heads gone' from Killie fans last night. Magnificent examples of the genre.

Chuck in your usual nutcase contribution from Romeo and a couple of jealous Hibees and it was great reading.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

51 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Loads of great 'heads gone' from Killie fans last night. Magnificent examples of the genre.

Chuck in your usual nutcase contribution from Romeo and a couple of jealous Hibees and it was great reading.

what.png.28b771af19b3e02800bc08104bf7fd95.png

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Just read the last eight pages or so of posts since final whistle

Comedy Gold lads

Very entertaining Sunday morning reading.

Keep it up.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not gonna lie I was absolutely raging when I got in from the football yesterday, so steered clear of the forum as I knew My head would detach from my shoulders. 

Still canny believe we got 3 sent off

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Killie fans and their manager not handling defeat very well, their sense of entitlement is quite startling....

Really ?   Entitlement from a diddy club ...now that’s funny benny 

As for a manager defending his players and poor refereeing decisions , it will never catch on just ask slippy G ...

1 minute ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Really ?   Entitlement from a diddy club ...now that’s funny benny 

As for a manager defending his players and poor refereeing decisions , it will never catch on just ask slippy G ...

Amazing, absolutely amazing.  Thing is Killie have been getting a bit of a reputation due to their on pitch shenanigans, it looks like it's bit you guys on the backside....

The sheep basically did what Kilmarnock have been doing for two seasons.

11 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

You've not replied to my answer I gave earlier. You're breaking my heart here.

Sorry mate, my notifications are all off. Consider it soon to be replied too, once I find it.

12 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

There isn't one, particularly. 

When we're up against teams with a bigger budget we tend to be tight defensively, allowing the opposition possession and then pressing in the right areas followed by a swift counter attack either over the top or through pace on the wings. I'm guessing you think that's how Killie play every week because you've pretty much only seen us against Rangers and Celtic.

Against teams we've a better chance of winning against, we actually play a really good style of football. It's certainly not tiki taka and we aren't afraid to play long balls at times, but when we get our full backs pushing on with Burke and others cutting inside and Mulumbu, Power and Dicker pulling the strings we're great to watch. My issue today is that he looked at Aberdeen's issues and felt we should play that way, rather than go for our typical 'Old Firm' setup which I think would have set us in better stead. It's hard to tell for sure because of the sendings off, but that's just my opinion.

I don't really see much to disagree with here, as I've said before Killie are usually a decent an excellent counter attacking well drilled side. I'm not keen on a lot of their spoiling tactics tho, Aberdeen seem to have copied those tactics recently.

Killie fans complaining about the sheep's tactics does smack of hypocrisy.

Do you enjoy watching the style of "football"  Del produces? 

In his five seasons we’ve had a couple of 4-0 wins against you at Rugby Park, and a 5-1 at Pittodrie.

Some of this came during his best period when McLean, Hayes, McGinn, Shinnie, The Rat, Rooney etc were a finely tuned engine. Just a shame it was also peak Brenda.

This season we have been lower on aesthetics but have introduced a previously missing resilience in a lot of key games, and a few more youngsters have emerged.

If we end up 3rd (which remains far from certain) it will be an incredible effort - given we also made a cup final, a semi final and an EPL club needed extra time to knock us out of Europe.

Clarke has done a great job for Kilmarnock, but was happy to make the January Pittodrie game a complete $hitfest, so swings and roundabouts.

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Agree with everything.

Except, Broadfoot knew what he was doing. Vile.

I agree with you on the Broadfoot red. When you watch it, you see that he changes his challenging foot from his right, which could challenge for the ball, to his left which can only go straight into Lewis’ face.

I really like Steve Clarke, and he has unquestionably done almost a miracle job at Rugby Park, but when things don’t go his way he can be a right moaning trumpet. Having watched the highlights after missing my first Aberdeen match at Rugby Park for six years, you can see why Steven McLean gave the decisions he did. Some are contentious, but none are outrageous.

Killie were poor yesterday. Even before the first red. I’ve not seen Broadfoots in tv so can’t really comment on that. Findlay and McKenzie were both red cards. Although I thought Ball? Head butted McKenzie first so should probably have gone too. Cosgrove should’ve been off as well. The referees performance doesn’t take away from the fact we were poor and struggling against a big physical Aberdeen team. They have the better of us and that’s not the refs fault.