The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

Guest Moomintroll
Ross Haswell NO!
Actually, to be fair Ross isn't that bad, I could happily throttle him sometimes but he is still better than McLean.

That's exactly how Kilmarnock play, wind your neck back in.
Killie getting a taste of their own medicine.

Well said Bennett. They really are brutal.

The worst kind.

Fall down at every opportunity. Yet enjoy giving it out themselves. Play little or no football whatsoever.

Derek has played a game like today so many times. (Motherwell at Fir Park after a 0-3 LC defeat, Sevco at Ibrox after the LC Final). Low in confidence, yet gets a 1-0 win, when everyone (including our support) expect us to lose.

That was close to a second XI we had out today, yet did what it takes.

To the earlier question from the Killie Fan. No, I’m not satisfied with how we play. We are horrendous to watch at times (most of the time this season).

But 3 points more often than not, Cup SF and Finals and Europe every year are better than being “media darlings” like yourselves and Brazil 1970 over at Easter Road.

I seem to remember a certain club who were the Barca of Scotland a few years ago. Whatever happened to the “Matalan Catalans” ? [emoji848]

1 minute ago, bennett said:

How would you describe Kilmarnocks usual style of play?

There isn't one, particularly. 

When we're up against teams with a bigger budget we tend to be tight defensively, allowing the opposition possession and then pressing in the right areas followed by a swift counter attack either over the top or through pace on the wings. I'm guessing you think that's how Killie play every week because you've pretty much only seen us against Rangers and Celtic.

Against teams we've a better chance of winning against, we actually play a really good style of football. It's certainly not tiki taka and we aren't afraid to play long balls at times, but when we get our full backs pushing on with Burke and others cutting inside and Mulumbu, Power and Dicker pulling the strings we're great to watch. My issue today is that he looked at Aberdeen's issues and felt we should play that way, rather than go for our typical 'Old Firm' setup which I think would have set us in better stead. It's hard to tell for sure because of the sendings off, but that's just my opinion.

When we're up against teams with a bigger budget we tend to be tight defensively, allowing the opposition possession and then pressing in the right areas followed by a swift counter attack either over the top or through pace on the wings. I'm guessing you think that's how Killie play every week because you've pretty much only seen us against Rangers and Celtic.

Against teams we've a better chance of winning against, we actually play a really good style of football. It's certainly not tiki taka and we aren't afraid to play long balls at times, but when we get our full backs pushing on with Burke and others cutting inside and Mulumbu, Power and Dicker pulling the strings we're great to watch. My issue today is that he looked at Aberdeen's issues and felt we should play that way, rather than go for our typical 'Old Firm' setup which I think would have set us in better stead. It's hard to tell for sure because of the sendings off, but that's just my opinion.

B

U

D

G

E

T

S

🤡

OMG. Did you just type that you played the way you do “outside Rangers and Celtic” today.

Yeah, your Full Backs were great, your MF really “pulled the strings” and you were fantastic to watch.

No seriously, what are you on ?

2 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

And interestingly we adapt our style to the opposition.It seems that Abadeen just have the same style of cheating no matter who they play. In a footballing sense i am very disappointed in Abadeen given the money they spend and their failure to challenge the so called big guys despite spending much much more than likes of Killie 

3 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

And interestingly we adapt our style to the opposition.It seems that Abadeen just have the same style of cheating no matter who they play. In a footballing sense i am very disappointed in Abadeen given the money they spend and their failure to challenge the so called big guys despite spending much much more than likes of Killie 

:lol: got to be a wind up

probably get a few bites

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

B

U

D

G

E

T

S

OMG. Did you just type that you played the way you do “outside Rangers and Celtic” today.

Yeah, your Full Backs were great, your MF really “pulled the strings” and you were fantastic to watch.

No seriously, what are you on ?

Are you a troll or just thick?

We set out today to press the game higher up and engage early - something we do against 'weaker' teams. I'd have preferred we sat back and allowed Aberdeen more of the ball because I don't think they'd have enough to punish us outwith of set pieces. 

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet or too much whisky in your stomach so I'll leave it at that.

Your Parents know you’re still on the tablet mate at this time ? Got to sleep little boy.

So you do not have anything to contribute to the football discussion then?

I have already.

Prob too much.

Turn your light out before your Da notices your still awake.

Don’t worry. We’ll be shite next season when we lose key players, have no money and a stadium soon in the middle of nowhere.

The jokes on us. [emoji207]

1 hour ago, killiemilan said:

Interesting "style" of "football" employed by Del. Also strange to hear Del saying he didnt want his team to surround the referee looking for decisions so he then gets 1 or 2 players rather than the full team surround the ref to ensure they get the decisions. Incredible it took so long for Shinnie to be booked- perhaps his 7th foul ?It seems to be all about trying to win decisions through shithousery and it is an weird way to win fitbaw games. Cosgrove was a disgrace and should have been red carded early doors.Obviously  the sunbed loving manager agreed by taking him off at half time before he was sent off. 

Obviously Abadeen spend much more on players than Killie do and I would be looking for some decent football but perhaps that is too much to ask?

The “sunbed loving manager”? You’re really struggling for insults if that’s the best you can come up with. I can understand that you’re annoyed because your invincibles were beaten by Aberdeen’s reserve team, but you must be able to do better than “sunbed loving manager”.

Style of play patter is chronic. Winning is all that matters, and we did that today.

Broadfoot’s red was harsh. If he was my player I’d want him to challenge the keeper there. Findlay’s tackle on Shinnie was shocking and I was amazed Graeme came back on. The way he landed on his trailing leg looked very painful. There wasn’t much in the McKenzie one but petulant and stupid from a player who is usually so beige.

Magnificent header from McKenna, dominates his marker to get on the end of a good delivery. Pretty much the only moment of quality in the game. Even when they’re down to ten men we didn’t look comfortable on the ball and just looked to hoof it. We should have managed the game better and tried to strangle the life out of the match.

Massive win though, four more games to cement Europe. The LC group stages can f**k right off.

1 hour ago, killiemilan said:

Do you enjoy watching the style of "football"  Del produces? 

I enjoy watching Aberdeen win. If I want to see fancy football I'll watch Barcelona.

You lost today against a team that was down to the bare bones. It happens. We drew against a Killie team that had one of the most negative set ups I've seen any team come to Pittodrie with. Luckily I had to watch that one from home. We also lost to you after a couple of horrendous refereeing decisions.

Swings and roundabouts.

Style of play patter is chronic. Winning is all that matters, and we did that today.

Broadfoot’s red was harsh. If he was my player I’d want him to challenge the keeper there. Findlay’s tackle on Shinnie was shocking and I was amazed Graeme came back on. The way he landed on his trailing leg looked very painful. There wasn’t much in the McKenzie one but petulant and stupid from a player who is usually so beige.

Magnificent header from McKenna, dominates his marker to get on the end of a good delivery. Pretty much the only moment of quality in the game. Even when they’re down to ten men we didn’t look comfortable on the ball and just looked to hoof it. We should have managed the game better and tried to strangle the life out of the match.

Massive win though, four more games to cement Europe. The LC group stages can f**k right off.

Agree with everything.

Except, Broadfoot knew what he was doing. Vile.

You summed it up.

Killie win and they are in Europe.

They didn’t. Del did what Del does.

3 hours ago, G-MAN said:

We spend MUCH more on players ?

OK

You did see our bench ?

You did see a defence with Ball at RB

You did see a Midfield with Gleeson in it who hasn’t played 90 minutes all season.

You did see a LB playing as a winger.

Yet you were practically at full strength.

We shitfested another win. When we HAD to.

Your lot today though emoji33.png

You may have had players missing, but you also had a £300k striker lining up in attack and a £50k+ central defender.

You may have had players missing, but you also had a £300k striker lining up in attack and a £50k+ central defender.

This.

Guy

Is

Serious

Yet posts the funniest thing I have ever seen.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

[emoji23]🤡[emoji23]🤡[emoji23]🤡🤡🤡🤡[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]