The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

Stevens having a giraffe...

"Clarke was seething afterwards, risking an SFA ban as he gave his opinion on the afternoon's events. And he suggested McLean - whose father played for Kilmarnock - would be better not to officiate at a match at Rugby Park again.

He said: "The game was absolutely brutal, there was no football"

Dreadful game of football but good 3 points for a team missing arguably our best players. No idea why Killie tried to engage us in a physical battle. Greeting from their fans when their bully boy tactics never worked was hilarious. 

If the paranoid nonsense in that interview is anything to go by Clarke is after the Celtic job, not the Scotland one.

Starts by reciting the usual irrelevant cliches in defence of a red card with the 'there was no malice' and the 'ball was there to be won' lines, like either of those has any relevance to the decision being correct.

Then accusing the ref of losing control, no Stevie, that's the fault of the 22 weans running about.

Then accuses a referee of having a conspiracy against Kilmarnock because his dad played for them? Nope, me neither.

If Lennon or Gerrard had come out with those comments they would be rightly ridiculed (see Gerrard's after the first game of the season), I fear as Clarke is a manager of a diddy club these comments will actually get support and seen as 'sticking it to the SFA'. What a clown.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

If the paranoid nonsense in that interview is anything to go by Clarke is after the Celtic job, not the Scotland one.
Starts by reciting the usual irrelevant cliches in defence of a red card with the 'there was no malice' and the 'ball was there to be won' lines, like either of those has any relevance to the decision being correct.
Then accusing the ref of losing control, no Stevie, that's the fault of the 22 weans running about.
Then accuses a referee of having a conspiracy against Kilmarnock because his dad played for them? Nope, me neither.
If Lennon or Gerrard had come out with those comments they would be rightly ridiculed (see Gerrard's after the first game of the season), I fear as Clarke is a manager of a diddy club these comments will actually get support and seen as 'sticking it to the SFA'. What a clown.
I'll bite,

What the f**k are you talking about?

Were you at the game?

Are you that blinkered?

You have a team there that is nothing to be proud of.  It is fair to say you deserved to win because you scored a goal from a set piece. The game was played the way the sheep wanted it to be played, no football just the same niggly stuff that Hamilton are famed for. You lot tried the same with Septic last week and got beaten because they have better players. However you have never at any point in the game cut us open even with ten men. We will probably still finish above you, watch this space. The least said about the clown who refereed the game the better.

...you have the cheek to criticise a team with 6 or 7 players out, no confidence after last week, kids on the bench, needing to grind out any sort of result - yet your lot practically at full strength, at home, were just as brutal to watch than us.

You’ll have to beat one of the Glasgow teams to finish above us. Can’t see that happening.

I'll bite,

What the f**k are you talking about?

Were you at the game?

Are you that blinkered?

Devlin Yellow. Puts his hand on Brophy shoulder 40 yards out he goes down as if he is shot. Not a Red Card.

Cosgrove first Yellow. Killie player goes down holding head. Not sure why as Cosgrove’s arms were by his side. Not a Yellow Card.

Cosgrove challenge 2 minutes later. It’s a FK. Not sure why it has to be a Yellow.

Cosgrove held in box. Uses force to allow him get goal side. Killie player doesn’t like it, pushes him to ground.

3 times Shinnie won the ball cleanly and broke forward. Killie player goes down, wins FK.

Shinnie later has his shirt pulled. However, Killie player goes down, Shinnie is booked.

Seems Kilmarnock FC are controlling the narrative here. Honest answer is both sides can feel unhappy at certain decisions. One thing is for sure, the 3 reds were justified.

Were you at the game ?

Steve doing what Mcinnes did last week and looking for excuses.

What excuses Romeo ?

DM quite clearly slammed the performance last week. He also had no excuses for his reaction (which he was asked about). I don’t have a clue what you are referring to.

There’s another thread if you want to take this there ?

What excuses Romeo ?

DM quite clearly slammed the performance last week. He also had no excuses for his reaction (which he was asked about). I don’t have a clue what you are referring to.

There’s another thread if you want to take this there ?

Oh mate, not you again.

Take a break. It'll do you good.

Could tell about 10 minutes before the Broadfoot red that someone was going off, McLean had totally lost control of the game.

Think the Broadfoot one is harsh, as on first viewing it’s reckless rather than dangerous. A foul for sure, and a booking, but not a red.

Findlay one was, the McKenzie one was a joke.

Could tell about 10 minutes before the Broadfoot red that someone was going off, McLean had totally lost control of the game.
Think the Broadfoot one is harsh, as on first viewing it’s reckless rather than dangerous. A foul for sure, and a booking, but not a red.
Findlay one was, the McKenzie one was a joke.

McKenzie one agreed.

For the Broadfoot one. Lewis has the ball. Broadfoot leads with his left foot. He couldn’t win that ball with his left foot. That’s before you even consider the fact both feet were off the ground.

9 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

McKenzie one agreed.

For the Broadfoot one. Lewis has the ball. Broadfoot leads with his left foot. He couldn’t win that ball with his left foot. That’s before you even consider the fact both feet were off the ground.

I’d need to see it again, but you could tell from his reaction he didn’t mean to do it.

Only saw it at the game (and clearly I’m biased) but looked to me like he just lunged in to try and atone for a bad touch and caught Lewis.

Broadfoot is a shithouse, but in this case I think it was reckless rather than dangerous or violent.

Again, I’ve seen it once in real time and could be wrong 

34 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

I’d need to see it again, but you could tell from his reaction he didn’t mean to do it.

Only saw it at the game (and clearly I’m biased) but looked to me like he just lunged in to try and atone for a bad touch and caught Lewis.

Broadfoot is a shithouse, but in this case I think it was reckless rather than dangerous or violent.

Again, I’ve seen it once in real time and could be wrong 

He doesn't need to attempt to catch the keeper for it to be a red. He's really late with a reckless challenge and caught Lewis.

If he catches a striker knee high in an honest attempt to win the ball it would still be a red.

The ball being there to win makes no difference.