The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Derek McInnes said in his press conference that we have quite a few players that are doubts for Saturday but he won't name them, all the others 5 that missed Celtic are not going to make it along with Ferguson suspended.

Aberdeen have won the last 9 league games at Rugby Park. This has got to be Kilmarnock best chance to stop that record and get their first win since 2011.  

Never believe a manager discussing "doubts" before a big game as they tend to miraculously recover in time to play.

21 hours ago, betting competition said:

Derek McInnes said in his press conference that we have quite a few players that are doubts for Saturday but he won't name them, all the others 5 that missed Celtic are not going to make it along with Ferguson suspended.

Aberdeen have won the last 9 league games at Rugby Park. This has got to be Kilmarnock best chance to stop that record and get their first win since 2011.  

Hashtag reverse psychology.  What McInnes forgets is that Sir Steve is approximately 67 times smarter than him.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

Hashtag reverse psychology.  What McInnes forgets is that Sir Steve is approximately 67 times smarter than him.

It's one of those strange things about football that despite being 67 times smarter his record against McInnes is really poor. Apart from the freak sending off game, he's not won against McInnes.

I think you'll win today though.

It's one of those strange things about football that despite being 67 times smarter his record against McInnes is really poor. Apart from the freak sending off game, he's not won against McInnes.
I think you'll win today though.

Mad what having 2-3 times the budget will do for you, isn't it.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Mad what having 2-3 times the budget will do for you, isn't it.

Indeed.

What's SSC's record like against the teams with a far higher budget than Aberdeen? Going by your logic, it must be worse.

Edited by Suspect Device

Indeed.
What's SSC's record like against the teams with a far higher budget than Aberdeen? Going by your logic, it must be worse.

The fact he has a good record against much better resourced clubs points to how fantastic a manager he is.

The fact that he can't beat every single better resourced club is hardly a stick to beat him with.

McInnes is a good manager, but I know who I'd rather have at my club, and I suspect that most Aberdeen fans would also bite your hands off if offered a swap.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The fact he has a good record against much better resourced clubs points to how fantastic a manager he is.

The fact that he can't beat every single better resourced club is hardly a stick to beat him with.

McInnes is a good manager, but I know who I'd rather have at my club, and I suspect that most Aberdeen fans would also bite your hands off if offered a swap.

I wasn't using it as a stick to beat him with. I was pointing out a strange anomaly about football. He has a great record against better resourced teams yet still struggles against us. I'm hoping that continues today but I'm not confident at all. 

I agree that Clarke is a better manager and would rather have him at Aberdeen than McInnes. I'd have preferred him at Scotland instead of McLeish as well.

He's the only manager at the moment I would want at Aberdeen but don't think he would come to us.

Looking forward to the brass and granite in about an hour time - great pub [emoji3]

Killie fans are very sensitive about Steve Clarke.

He’s an excellent manager and a great bit of business by killie. Just enjoy it lads.
I think a lot of the sensitivity comes from Sir Steve voicing his frustration at how the Scottish game is run (plus all the sectarianism crap) we can see that he is enjoying being at Killie but its being tainted somewhat by stuff outwith his control.

He isn't going to stay at Killie forever but personally i think he would be tempted to hang around a bit longer if the shitty parts of our game were sorted out.

But as you say best just enjoy it while we can.

Here's to a cracking game with Killie just edging it 5-4 [emoji6]

He'd have to climb out of the head of every Aberdeen supporter before he could do that.

It’s him that’s obsessed with our Club, players and support. Couldnt give a **** about him. None of us could. Made clear when not 1 fan reacted to him doing that stupid fortnite dance in front of us.

Anyway, today’s game 2-0 Kilmarnock. We won’t score, nor look like scoring.

10 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

It’s him that’s obsessed with our Club, players and support. Couldnt give a **** about him. None of us could. Made clear when not 1 fan reacted to him doing that stupid fortnite dance in front of us.

Yup, because chanting "Sumo! Sumo!" and "You fat b*****d" at someone every chance you get is definitely "not giving a f**k" about them.

Yup, because chanting "Sumo! Sumo!" and "You fat b*****d" at someone every chance you get is definitely "not giving a f**k" about them.

He has actually become a cartoon of a man towards us, not really sure why.

Yes we chant sumo etc but I don’t know any dons fan that wasn’t annoyed that he got booked a few years ago when he scored and responded to us at pittodrie. He gave a bit back to us, no issues at all.