The Battle for Europe (or Kilmarnock v Aberdeen)

29 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I had a look and yes it is the normal £22 - a lot cheaper than the likes of Hearts/Celtic/Rangers and even us slightly cheaper at £26 

Aye I'd say we're one of the better ones.

U16s are £5 for all stands too IIRC.

3 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Decent, sensible pricing for this game.
Well done Killie.

£22 per Adult is just our normal pricing mate..... Killie wont rip you off unlike the city clubs.

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

Killie will never have a better chance of beating us on Saturday with us having about 5 or 6 players missing. It would be a disaster financially if we didn't qualify for Europe

Seriously?

At worst we get a couple of 10,000 crowds in the league cup instead of 16,000 crowd(s) in Europe 

Hardly a disaster 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I think our game against Burnley was our highest attendance this season.

Yes but lets presume we don’t draw an English club

I know I will be in the minority and, don’t get me wrong I do want us to qualify for Europe, but I won’t be crying into my pint if we get a year off it 

We’re not going to qualify for the groups and as it stands they are just ‘glamorous’ pre season friendlies that we’ve barely been ready for the last couple of years 

Perhaps an easier start in the league cup may benefit us in the longer term next season instead of getting knocked out again and scrambling about for friendlies weeks before our first league game 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Niall McGinn usually has a bit of throbber for Kilmarnock, so it's a pity that he's missing this.

Of course, winning is nice, but I doubt if many Dons fans would be all that bothered if we gave our normal grand European tour a miss this summer.

23 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Niall McGinn usually has a bit of throbber for Kilmarnock, so it's a pity that he's missing this.

Of course, winning is nice, but I doubt if many Dons fans would be all that bothered if we gave our normal grand European tour a miss this summer.

Most I spoke to on Sunday after the game would disagree. 

With the injuries this will be a very difficult game. Letting Anderson and especially Wright go on loan really coming back to bite us on the arse now. 

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No way that I don’t want Aberdeen in the Europa League next season. It’s always an interesting start to the season.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No way that I don’t want Aberdeen in the Europa League next season. It’s always an interesting start to the season.

My preference is for us to finish as high up the league as possible, and therefore qualify for Europe.

However, if we don't I can't say it would bother me one bit. This summer is the most vital for player recruitment in years, and tbh having to prepare for tricky European games at the beginning of July may be a distraction which will railroad preparation for an important league season.

And unless we bring in the half a dozen good quality players that we desperately need by the end of June, I can't see us surviving the 1st round in Europe no matter who we play.

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Seriously?

At worst we get a couple of 10,000 crowds in the league cup instead of 16,000 crowd(s) in Europe 

Hardly a disaster 

Prize money for Europe is over £200,000 per qualifying round so since we will be seeded in the first round I would expect to get through to the 2nd round.  So I would expect to make over half a million compared to the league cup games. 

Edited by betting competition

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yes but lets presume we don’t draw an English club

I know I will be in the minority and, don’t get me wrong I do want us to qualify for Europe, but I won’t be crying into my pint if we get a year off it 

We’re not going to qualify for the groups and as it stands they are just ‘glamorous’ pre season friendlies that we’ve barely been ready for the last couple of years 

Perhaps an easier start in the league cup may benefit us in the longer term next season instead of getting knocked out again and scrambling about for friendlies weeks before our first league game 

Again, the years before when we were playing smaller clubs we still got decent crowds. The lure of something different to seeing us playing the same teams 4 times a season.

That said, we'll face someone different if/when we don't qualify for Europe.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Prize money for Europe is over £200,000 per qualifying round so since we will be seeded in the first round I would expect to get through to the 2nd round.  So I would expect to make over half a million compared to the league cup games. 

Is the seeding determined by your club's recent record, or would 3rd in the league be seeded even if it was us?

11 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Is the seeding determined by your club's recent record, or would 3rd in the league be seeded even if it was us?

It would be based on our European record. I think Killie would just get the base coefficient for being from Scotland.

Although I'm sure that they're fucking about with the coefficients again for this season. Scotland's points are 4.425 so I think that's what you'd get. We have a 'massive' 5.500 points.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2019.html

Edit: Knew something changed recently

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

Edited by Suspect Device

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, betting competition said:

With the squad we'll have at the beginning of July, I think we'd struggle big time against anybody...even if seeded in the 1st round.

So we would have pre-season training in the middle of June, a couple of bounce games against Brechin, and when get knocked out in the 1st round we'll be sitting twiddling our thumbs for 4 weeks.

No thanks. Give me a summer of re-building, and a few League Cup ties to ease into the season beginning.

Quote from the BBC Sportsound commentary at the Celtic v Aberdeen semi.

Commentator 1# "Greg Stewart has looked sluggish today".

Commentator 2# " Greg Stewart has looked sluggish since he took his Kilmarnock top off in December". 

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Quote from the BBC Sportsound commentary at the Celtic v Aberdeen semi.

Commentator 1# "Greg Stewart has looked sluggish today".

Commentator 2# " Greg Stewart has looked sluggish since he took his Kilmarnock top off in December". 

Fair comment