Scottish cup predictions

PiedPiper

Watched Eastfield v Alba last night.

Thought the better team lost the game but they conceded early when looking a bit nervy and although the better team for the rest of it, struggled to make many chances, and when they did maybe didn't get the wee break they deserved.

Well done Eastfield, hope they go on and win it although think it'll be a tough ask.

1 hour ago, Stucafu said:

Thought for

Piper, have you ever thought the money that CP got for representing the Amateur Game so well in the senior Scottish, has went towards ensuring the team and staff are turned out the right way?

Everyone knows how much work goes in to making teams a success on and off the pitch and everyone who knows Mick is aware he will have left no stone unturned in making sure his team has everything required to perform on the pitch.

On another note, delighted for Big Chris at Eastfield, Although he wont want any credit,  he has almost single handily kept the club going during a couple of difficult years but has also now assembled a quality squad, which is now competing at the top table. Hats off to you big man.

Stucafu tbh mate i don't get on this much as i work offshore and you don't get internet at the bottom of the N/sea .

it just seems every time i do come on here all the talk is about HT and Hamilton's money and my personal opinion on what i saw on Monday night is all i said 

people should take off the blinkers and look at clubs before slagging other  clubs off 

its just my opinion (again) when i played everything you had from a club was plastered with the sponsors name/company hence why they are called sponsors 

Guest Mick Kennedy
28 minutes ago, PiedPiper said:

Stucafu tbh mate i don't get on this much as i work offshore and you don't get internet at the bottom of the N/sea .

it just seems every time i do come on here all the talk is about HT and Hamilton's money and my personal opinion on what i saw on Monday night is all i said 

people should take off the blinkers and look at clubs before slagging other  clubs off 

its just my opinion (again) when i played everything you had from a club was plastered with the sponsors name/company hence why they are called sponsors 

Willie Hamilton is a multi millionaire, who has the money at Colville. The truth is we work hard to bring sponsorship in, we’ve received a lot of money from our run in the senior Scottish Cup. Everyone at the club pays a tenner including the management team, committee and players which bring in about £300 a week.  We generate enough money to run the club  professionally as we can, at times money is tight like now, but we will come the gether and find a solution to buy the players suits and a hotel for the night before the Scottish final as we have done on the last 2 occasions we have been to Hampden. 

1 minute ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Willie Hamilton is a multi millionaire, who has the money at Colville. The truth is we work hard to bring sponsorship in, we’ve received a lot of money from our run in the senior Scottish Cup. Everyone at the club pays a tenner including the management team, committee and players which bring in about £300 a week.  We generate enough money to run the club  professionally as we can, at times money is tight like now, but we will come the gether and find a solution to buy the players suits and a hotel for the night before the Scottish final as we have done on the last 2 occasions we have been to Hampden. 

Seen the game on monday and for me that is as close to the best Colville team I have seen in the last 5/6 years. The boys Higgins and Ferguson are absolute stand outs and that was the first time I had seen them play. Know the rest of the players pretty well from previous years. However, I seen some posts on twitter of how close the squad is and Colville family etc etc. Will it be Darvel family for these guys next year? Assuming the draw of going junior next year with Mick will be too much for most of these guys.  That squad on monday would comfortably compete at the top of junior football for me. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
48 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

Seen the game on monday and for me that is as close to the best Colville team I have seen in the last 5/6 years. The boys Higgins and Ferguson are absolute stand outs and that was the first time I had seen them play. Know the rest of the players pretty well from previous years. However, I seen some posts on twitter of how close the squad is and Colville family etc etc. Will it be Darvel family for these guys next year? Assuming the draw of going junior next year with Mick will be too much for most of these guys.  That squad on monday would comfortably compete at the top of junior football for me. 

I think there is a belief out here that I’m going to take all the Colville players to Darvel, that honestly won’t happen. I’m taking my time to look at Darvel, we have been watching them since I was appointed. I will then sit down at the end of the season with the back room team and look at building at squad that I believe can compete to get promoted next season. 

57 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Must be great to pull circa £2K out of nowhere for suits and hotel bills when times are tight like now!!??

Guest Mick Kennedy
14 minutes ago, Banned said:

Must be great to pull circa £2K out of nowhere for suits and hotel bills when times are tight like now!!??

We will speak to our sponsors, the players will contribute an percentage. That what happens when you have you have a tight club we will all pull together and make it happens as always 

Final should be a good game, I think Colville are the undisputed best in the country, and Eastfield in my opinion have proven themselves over the course of this season and last to be comfortably in the top 5 if not higher - think they are a better side than the likes of St Pats and Bannockburn etc.

Hopefully there’s a new name on the trophy next month but it’ll be a good one for the neutral, two teams who play in the right way.

Edited by JBAFC

Having little prior knowledge and only learning from what I read on here, the attitude and PROFESSIONALISM of certain grown men in the amateur leagues leaves a lot to be desired...

As always though, cream rises to the top. There’s obviously a good reason why Mick has got the gig, and why Colville will continue to be a strong amateur team... while others couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery without a drama or 2.

I know who I’d rather be playing for...

Edited by Spyro

3 hours ago, JBAFC said:

Final should be a good game, I think Colville are the undisputed best in the country, and Eastfield in my opinion have proven themselves over the course of this season and last to be comfortably in the top 5 if not higher - think they are a better side than the likes of St Pats and Bannockburn etc.

Hopefully there’s a new name on the trophy next month but it’ll be a good one for the neutral, two teams who play in the right way.

Eastfield been best team I have seen with Colville this year with Bannockburn and St pats I would say you have the best 4 teams in the country at moment.