Old People and Technology

When my 82 year old father goes to his caravan at weekends he uses his iphone as a mobile hotspot (he has a Three SIM with unlimited data) to watch his IPTV sub on his Amazon Fire TV box. He also streams all his tunes from his iPad to his Amazon Echo.

When I'm his age I hope I'm able to deal with technology as well as he does.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

When my 82 year old father goes to his caravan at weekends he uses his iphone as a mobile hotspot (he has a Three SIM with unlimited data) to watch his IPTV sub on his Amazon Fire TV box. He also streams all his tunes from his iPad to his Amazon Echo.

When I'm his age I hope I'm able to deal with technology as well as he does

Why does he go down at the weekend does he work during the week? I'm sure he helps the widow's with caravans as well. Fair play though

My gran used to leave arsey messages with BT Callminder, thinking she was talking to a real person. The answer message said something like "Welcome to BT Callminder. The person you are looking for is not available, but I can take a message for you".

My mum would then get these messages saying "Tell Valerie she  never bloody answers the phone and to call me right back. Bloody woman told me to call at 6 o'clock and it's just typical of her. Bloody woman is a disgrace". 

17 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I do enjoy asking someone who can't find somewhere "you have Google maps on your phone right?"

Always an Auld bugger who point blank refuses to understand how this simple technology works.

I sometimes wonder why these days when out and about you still get people (not even old people) walking up to you and asking for directions to some street or other.