Hibs v Celtc, Easter Sunday

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Sir, are you implying that we immigrants are not capable of speaking the language?

This would be a downright racist implication if so, and admins (plural) will become involved without a swift retraction and apology.

Let me clarify. The Irish are a very literate and humorous people. You are letting them down badly.

Think if we've got any hope of overhauling either Aberdeen or Kilmarnock we'll need at least a point here.

Thinking is that we'll need maximum points from the games v those two and Hearts. But one of them will likely get maximum points against the other on Saturday, and you'd expect both them to win at least one other game each. Which would mean we need to collect at least one additional pt to finish ahead of one of them. Ibrox is basically our training ground, but don't fancy having to win our last four games regardless of that.

6 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Think if we've got any hope of overhauling either Aberdeen or Kilmarnock we'll need at least a point here.

Thinking is that we'll need maximum points from the games v those two and Hearts. But one of them will likely get maximum points against the other on Saturday, and you'd expect both them to win at least one other game each. Which would mean we need to collect at least one additional pt to finish ahead of one of them. Ibrox is basically our training ground, but don't fancy having to win our last four games regardless of that.

Think we will need Max points from all our games.. held on to Lennon a month or two too long.. 

Think we will need Max points from all our games.. held on to Lennon a month or two too long.. 
Nah, wins against them cuts it to three points. That's doable in 4 games, especially if we're winning two of the other ones. My issue is that I think Hearts, Rangers and Celtic could all be on the beach to an extent. Celtic and Hearts will definitely rest players pre Cup final and we'll get no benefit from that.

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Nah, wins against them cuts it to three points. That's doable in 4 games, especially if we're winning two of the other ones. My issue is that I think Hearts, Rangers and Celtic could all be on the beach to an extent. Celtic and Hearts will definitely rest players pre Cup final and we'll get no benefit from that.

I think Killie are favs, obviously I hope I'm wrong. They have 3 home games on that excuse of a pitch which will be a massive advantage and their two away games are against Celtic and Hearts who as you said have pretty much nothing to play for untill the cup final..

I think Killie are favs, obviously I hope I'm wrong. They have 3 home games on that excuse of a pitch which will be a massive advantage and their two away games are against Celtic and Hearts who as you said have pretty much nothing to play for untill the cup final..
Aye, think I want a Killie win on Saturday. Definitely don't want a draw.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:
2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Aye, think I want a Killie win on Saturday. Definitely don't want a draw.

Looking at Aberdeen's fixtures, hearts at home is the only game you'd say with any confidence they will win...

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

We're six points behind, so whatever we get we need to hope Aberdeen and/or Killie get six (or seven depending on GD) points fewer.

Here's a realistic simulation:

Week 1:
Aberdeen vs Killie - draw
Hibs vs Celtic - Celtic win

3) Killie, 59 points
4) Aberdeen, 59 points
5) Hibs, 52 points

Week 2:
Celtic vs Killie - Celtic win
Rangers vs Aberdeen - Rangers win
Hibs vs Hearts - Hibs win

3) Killie, 59 points
4) Aberdeen, 59 points
5) Hibs, 55 points

Week 3:
Aberdeen vs Celtic - Celtic win
Hearts vs Killie - draw
Rangers vs Hibs - draw

3) Killie, 60 points
4) Aberdeen, 59 points
5) Hibs, 56 points

Week 4:
Aberdeen vs Hearts - Aberdeen win
Killie vs Hibs - Hibs win

3) Aberdeen, 62 points
4) Killie, 60 points
5) Hibs, 59 points

Week 5:
Hibs vs Aberdeen - Hibs win
Killie vs Rangers - draw

3) Hibs, 62 points
4) Aberdeen, 62 points
5) Killie, 61 points

We've got the same goal difference as Aberdeen at the moment, and in this scenario they win one and lose three, so you'd imagine they'd end up with a worse goal difference.

Obviously I'm being a tad optimistic with some of the results, I don't expect us to win at Rugby Park, for example. And that's to get us third place.

In that scenario though, if all those results did go our way, we'd only need 10 points, not 15.

It would be easier to get fourth on the basis that we only need one of Aberdeen or Killie to implode.

We would then be relying on Celtic to beat Hearts in the Final to guarantee us Europe.  M7.png.459f232c24275dc08dae565871c1dd4e.png

Doesn't even bear thinking about if they won the Scottish and stole Europe from us.  M1.png.d4b3919d694ef6a34d151416d18dd409.png

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:
7 hours ago, Austinho said:

The Daily Record laying down some serious photoshop wizardry. 

You mean there isn't a dogzilla?

It will certainly give anyone thinking about taking drugs to the match pause for thought.......

10 hours ago, Austinho said:

C110FB11-ACB1-426E-922B-9B6E3D866E4A.thumb.jpeg.be599a2db437af84ac93451c572fdf3f.jpeg

The Daily Record laying down some serious photoshop wizardry. 

They've brought in a giant spaniel, some serious action from the SFA at last.

Poor dugs got to sniff celtic fans all day tho :thumbsdown

Guest Moomintroll
It will certainly give anyone thinking about taking drugs to the match pause for thought.......
Especially if you saw it after taking said drugs.

Hibs team v Celtic: Marciano, Gray, Hanlon, Milligan, Horgan, McNulty, Mallan, Stevenson, Kamberi, McGregor, Omeonga.

Subs: Bogdan, Bartley, Slivka, Gauld, Agyepong, Spector, Shaw.

Agyepong on the bench

3738E3DB-A4A3-4B7C-B48D-2635A54C033A.jpeg